LISTEN: 49ers Master The Later Rounds Of The Draft →

There are 100 users in the forums

Alex Smith Total QBR for week 6: 10.3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/159329-interesting-stats-throwing-drops-yac-put-together/
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
We still haven't played a good team IMO... If he does it to the packers, or ravens or something......

Look at the records of the teams that the 49ers beat: Bengals 4-2, Bucs 4-2, Lions 5-1. While the Eagles have a losing record now, more often than not they close the season strong, so don't count them out.

Exactly!
Easily the dumbest comment of the season so far.

Who one the game, us or them? Thank you. End of discussion.
Look, we all know Alex is Alex, but he came thru when given the chance. Doesn't mean I am satisfied with him, but will pat him on the back. The difference is JH is managing him and keeping his mistakes to the minimum and putting him in a position to win. Even if you remove the spot from a leopard he will still be a leopard. Alex is inconsistent, first half he did decent, second half his balls floated and left many of his receivers out to dry if they went for it. Alex can be great at times like last week, but like I said he is inconsistent. Quick tosses suit him best, sitting in the pocket and reading he then tries to push the ball sometimes and then it floats him.

Give the lions props, they have a good D, but we game planned and took advantage of their penetrating style of D and took Suh and others out of the game somewhat. If we meet again, we will have the advantage because Edwards will be back, and who knows, if we are lucky Morgan too.
Statistically speaking, the only thing that matters, is winning.
... and you expect the rookies will do better?

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I wonder how much work CK and TOLZ will get in the bye week. I see now that in a close game, (future close games) Alex might not be good enough to eek out the win.

... and you expect the rookies will do better?

Have you been watching the game unst4bl3? Alex has done his part and they have won several and he will several more and will lose some like against the pokes. It happens. With that said, In order for the niners to take the next step, where the games are not so close we will need better and consistent good QB play.
just goes to show how solid of a team Harbaugh has molded.

you take away one thing, there's something else there that can/will hurt you.
Once we get some continuity with Smith and our WRs we will be fine. Also our run game has been so effective its hard to get any real rhythm on many drives. I think Smith got a little rattled in the 2nd half but he worked through it and produced when called upon. There will be games he will have to spread the ball around and put up numbers for us to win and i think he can do it. Timing issues will be corrected before Thanksgiving and we will start to peak as a team at the right time
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
the number I care about right now: 5-1
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Statistically speaking, the only thing that matters, is winning.

True, under Nowin, and Dingletary we never beat a quality opponent on the road, and never could even beat a bad one when Alex Smith didn't have a good game. We are done being out coached, and that rocks. What can we do when Alex plays well, it now looks like we can beat anybody, bring on the Packers and the Patriots!

Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Alex did have a bad game. But the play calling in the second half was terrible. We were running all over them but for some reason at one point late in the 3rd or early in the 4th we passed like 10 out of 12 times. Don't know what that was about. Almost cost us the game.

Did Alex play well? No. But I wouldn't say his game play was bad. Smith nearly had 3 TDs throws yesterday if not for the Walker drop and the Crabs play. He came up big when he had to. Alex Smith has always been clutch in the red zone and when the game matters. Look at the New Orleans game that Clements lost at the end. The drive before was all smith.

dont forget he made two good passes to ginn at end of first half to help set up akers f/g
Who's got it better than us?
well hes 5-1 as a starter this year and won the game with another 4th quarter comeback on 4th and goal about 5 yards back in an obvious passing situation. CLUTCH
Originally posted by schmons:
just good enough to come in second to last beating out rex grossman 9.4

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/28952/highs-and-lows-for-week-6-total-qbr

schmons - what a joke.

cam newton comes in at 80.6 with a losing effort

Fixed
Share 49ersWebzone