LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

The Yes, Alex Smith is better than Steve Young Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We'd appreciate it if you stick with the idea that you usually dont post.
  • 8to80
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If this thread was about Tolzien then I'd understand.
You must be kidding me! Everyone knows Tim Rattay was the best Quarterback to ever play the game. If we only had a decent defense, we would have won 3 Superbowls with him. It was all about the Tim Rattay / Arnaz Battle connection. No one could stop it.

All BS aside, it's kinda sad that Rattay has a much better career QB rating than Smith. Hopefully, that will change.
[ Edited by 8to80 on Oct 14, 2011 at 11:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
It ranks right up there with the "why is frank gore not trying" thread. WTF is wrong with these damn people???
Originally posted by father49er:
The prerequisite in comparing a 49er Superbowl QB is to win a Superbowl. When Alex Smith wins a Superbowl for the 49ers, then we can have that comparison. It's only fair. Steve Young had to live under Joe Montana's shadows until he won in '94. Only then, did the Joe or Steve comparison become an interesting debate. I would love to see ANY QB get the 49ers another Lombardi trophy and would love to have an interesting comparison of Alex Smith to Steve Young to Joe Montana.

Steve(god bless him...I LOVE U STEVE) Never lived down the 92 and 93 nfc championship games vs the cowboys
Originally posted by jreff22:

I think this is quickly becoming my favorite gif
Originally posted by 8to80:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If this thread was about Tolzien then I'd understand.
You must be kidding me! Everyone knows Tim Rattay was the best Quarterback to ever play the game. If we only had a decent defense, we would have won 3 Superbowls with him. It was all about the Tim Rattay / Arnaz Battle connection. No one could stop it.

All BS aside, it's kinda sad that Rattay has a much better career QB rating than Smith. Hopefully, that will change.

No way. If Jim Drukenmiller had a quicker release and was able to read defenses, he would have been GOAT. Just imagine, it would have been like having Big Ben in the late 90s.
Personally, I think the person that posted this is either:
A. A Troll
B. A Tool
C. A Fool
D. All Of the Above

But, if you really believe your topic post, you should start buying as many Alex Smith autograph and or rookies cards as possible!!! They're only around $65 now and if he surpasses HOF Steve Young, you'll be filthy RICH. ROLMAO! P.S. on the quiz above, I think you're option D.

U forgot about elvis, bill musgrave, gio carmazi and drunkenmiller....

I like Alex but to compare him to Young is blasphemy. I can agree with you on the 92 championship. I think if montana played we would have won the game, as for 93, dallas was just better imo. That being said, if Alex does become better than Young I will change my name to Ezekiel.
People like to troll just to get people ticked off, they got nothing better to do

Wow! I'm lovin all the hate! Ok....next home game we all meet at the 7-11 on bayshore 2 hours b4 gametime...Ill bring my soapbox and school u guys in the true WCO
It's a nice though considering Steve is retired; but this thread is just disrespectful; there is no legitimate argument that Alex is even close to being as good as Steve was.
  • 8to80
Originally posted by TRUCKRATHMAN:

U forgot about elvis, bill musgrave, gio carmazi and drunkenmiller....
f**king Lions fan trolling our threads. Quit hating cuz you don't have any trophies! MODs need to delete this thread ASAP.
Originally posted by TRUCKRATHMAN:
It can, but I'm not worried about it...I'm not a troll, not a homer but I just follow my gut and I'm stickin to it. I wouldn't throw myself out here for nothing u know..I know my football..just saying my piece and stickin to it

Yes you do know your football. Keep on coachin up them pop warners...
Share 49ersWebzone