There are 303 users in the forums

Morgan Officially placed on IR according to 49ers.com

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Josh Morgan will be back in December and the Niners will be in first place---this team shall overcome.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Josh Morgan will be back in December and the Niners will be in first place---this team shall overcome.

We can replace Joshua but, we'll miss his down field blocking. Is Houshmanzada available? Williams is going to half to step up.
Hopefully, Morgan isn't lost for the season.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 10, 2011 at 12:21 AM ]
Big question this week: who replaces Morgan. I'm guessing it is Crabs and Ginn as the starters (perhaps K. Williams). But who do we pick up.

The week after the bye I would guess Crabs and Braylon are the starters so I'm not as worried about the injury as if we lost Alex Smith or VD or Gore.
why do some ppl think moss is a fit here? there were some teams on the east coast he turned down to stay retired so why would he come to the bay area again? plus hes not the type of wr we need, he will not go through the middle like morgan will and TO would. i like TO more due to the fact he knows the wco, hes a tough physical wr who would go through the middle, plus i would love the buzz this team would get if we signed him were 4-1 and still dont get or as much hype as the bills and lions
  • Veteran
I don't want Moss here, he is a cancer!
Originally posted by mkmsn0:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Still haven't seen a timetable yet

Time table? How about out for the season?

If it was that bad it would of been reported as such. Until I see "out for the season", I'm waiting for a timetable.

A fractured ankle can range from a simple break in one bone, which may not stop you from walking, to several fractures, which forces your ankle out of place and may require that you not put weight on it for three months.

If the fracture is not out of place or just barely out of place and the ankle is stable, you may not need surgery. Some physicians let patients put weight on their leg right away, while others have them wait for 6 weeks.

A broken ankle is a serious injury and requires immediate attention. If treated properly at the onset of symptoms, the broken ankle will heal properly within a six week period and will not cause long-term debilitation.

The report said he walked out on his own with crutches. Could be a minor fracture. Also, a fracture could just be a crack, like Crabtree's foot.

Again, I say: Randy Moss.

Moss only runs one route and I am not sure he is a willing blocker. He is not a Harbaugh guy.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
why do some ppl think moss is a fit here? there were some teams on the east coast he turned down to stay retired so why would he come to the bay area again? plus hes not the type of wr we need, he will not go through the middle like morgan will and TO would. i like TO more due to the fact he knows the wco, hes a tough physical wr who would go through the middle, plus i would love the buzz this team would get if we signed him were 4-1 and still dont get or as much hype as the bills and lions

Well, let's see... Dennis Green ran a west coast offense, Mike Tice had his first coaching job under Green and then was promoted to HC, so you have to think there was WCO there, and Childress ran a WCO.

If anyone can fix Moss, it's Harbaugh.

T.O. is garbage.

Moss is old... he isn't looking to get "fixed," he is looking to run a go-route.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Well, let's see... Dennis Green ran a west coast offense, Mike Tice had his first coaching job under Green and then was promoted to HC, so you have to think there was WCO there, and Childress ran a WCO.

If anyone can fix Moss, it's Harbaugh.

T.O. is garbage.
how is TO garbage when even on teams like buffalo and cinci he put up really good numbers for being on garbage teams? moss quits on the field and runs 1 route, while TO plays hard all the time and can do eveything including blocking something moss doesnt like doing. TO wants to play moss doesnt
We are not signing T.O or Moss. I think Joe Hastings (or the Matthews kid) get promoted from the practice squad and we sign another WR to the PS. Ziegler might get a tryout and if he is healthy he might get a look on the active roster.
Besides TO isn't healthy yet. He had a presser the other day saying he'll be ready in a couple of weeks.

• rserda
  • Veteran
Why all of this talk about TO and Moss? Screw both of them, bring back someone who is familiar with the offense already. Either bring in Zeigler or that other WR that Alex Smith had decent chemistry with. I can't remember what his name was but he was a white guy.
No Mas . . . No Moss
Antonio Bryant may be available.

I want to see his buttcrack again, as much as we have been seeing VD's lately.
We will likely keep the guys who have learned Harbaugh's system already and add someone from training camp. Don't see Harbaugh wanting to bring in a troublesome vet who might shake the chemistry. Walker could probably move outside but the 9ers lost their third TE in camp so...wait and see.
We need to bring in the token white boy wr, Chris Hogan. The guy was lighting it up in TC, has good size and speed. Is he on our PS?
Share 49ersWebzone