There are 224 users in the forums

49ers are ranked DEAD LAST in total offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Appologize 09, Troy Smith wasn't even playing for the Niners. Crabtree's 1st t.d. And the very last game last year Alex played the Cardinals. We play them twice.... Right? Head your own advice You know the very last game last year? So am I right? I think I am Alex Smith 276 yard 2 t.d.s

I thought you were talking about 09 on GB after thinking about it.

Yeah, it's not tough to think back 2 years for some people... Hey sus...
LOL at "7 years" STILL.

57 games = 3.5625 years.

This is his SEVENTH year in the league.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
LOL at "7 years" STILL.

57 games = 3.5625 years.

This is his SEVENTH year in the league.

I say this every now and then. People forgot how much Smith hasn't played. He was out about two years with his initial non-"Nolan"-injury. Then you had the handful of games last year. Add that all up and it really has cut down on that "7 year" myth thing.
  • dj43
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
IDK how many times we have to say this before 49er fans realize it

Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
This and the reasons we are last IN YARDAGE have been discussed in other threads. If anyone pays attention to Harbaugh and Romans pressers, they would not be shocked by this occurrence. The main reason for this is conservative game planning because the offense is only a month or two old. The line is struggling with the zone blocking scheme, as is Gore. Finally we are 2-1 and have been in every game, it is going to be ugly, but ugly wins are still wins. I suspect as the year progresses we will see more of the playbook.
IDK how many times we have to say this before 49er fans realize it

You can say it till you are blue in the face, and some of us realize all of it is just excuses. Until we have a legitimate QB, we will have a pathetic offense. Alex Smith is not a legitimate NFL quarterback.

Bob, you can say he is not as good as we would like but over the past 11 games, he has ranked in the low to high 20s by QBR among starting QBs. His current rating puts him at 13. Those numbers make him a legitimate NFL QB. Half the teams in the league would have no problem switching their current starter for Alex Smith. I know that will not change your mind but he is a mid-level starter in this league.

I fully expect Harbaugh to gradually open things up as the season moves along. After the bye I believe we will be seeing a much deeper offense than what we have seen so far. Braylon Edwards is the key. If he comes back healthy, this offense will be much more potent.
I say this every now and then. People forgot how much Smith hasn't played. He was out about two years with his initial non-"Nolan"-injury. Then you had the handful of games last year. Add that all up and it really has cut down on that "7 year" myth thing.

Yeah. Even for those that say his time on IR = active time, this is his SEVENTH year, so there were SIX prior years, not seven.

It's fine to hate the guy, but don't make stuff up, too.
Remember Smith's throws to Antonio Bryant earlier in his career?
i remember, back then like the only throws he would actually connect on were deep bombs.
Yeah. Even for those that say his time on IR = active time, this is his SEVENTH year, so there were SIX prior years, not seven.

Good point about the 6/7 year thing as well.

I stated this before but I never got a good or really any answer from the Smith bashers. What do they want to happen the rest of this year with the QB situation and even next year? If Smith isn't who they want then do we start Kaep right now?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

So he ages in dog yeas ??
Originally posted by susweel:

So he ages in dog years ??
Exactly!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by susweel:

So he ages in dog years ??
Exactly!

And cannot be killed by conventional weapons.

• Kense
  • Veteran
Even sitting on the bench helps to become better hurt or not he's around nfl coaches. How many games has rodgers played?
Originally posted by Kense:
Even sitting on the bench helps to become better hurt or not he's around nfl coaches. How many games has rodgers played?

Yes, it can. Not the point: the point is simply that stating that Smith has played for seven years is a false statement. Nothing more.

Also, FWIW, one can practice when on the bench. Not when injured or on IR.

57! Same as Smith. And Rodgers is a FAR better QB.
I blame this mostly on Frank Gore....yup I said it

I don't get this argument. This is Alex's 7th year suiting up in a Niner jersey. I think everyone knows that means he's got 6 years of play under his belt maximum. You're just talking semantics here. If Smith was a 2nd year starter people would be saying it's his 2nd year. I don't think anyone would be implying he already has 32 starts under his belt.

Your 2nd season begins at the start of the football calendar. That's just how people describe career length.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 29, 2011 at 7:27 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I don't get this argument. This is Alex's 7th year suiting up in a Niner jersey. I think everyone knows that means he's got 6 years of play under his belt maximum. You're just talking semantics here. If Smith was a 2nd year starter people would be saying it's his 2nd year. I don't think anyone would be implying he already has 32 starts under his belt.

Your 2nd season begins at the start of the football calendar. That's just how people describe career length.

But they usually explain extenuating circumstances...such as, he sat on the bench for the first four years, or he played in the USFL for a year or two and then for a bad TB team. So, we can get a more accurate picture rather than stating a number of years. Another example--Smith and Rodgers have almost the same number of yards per season. Of course, I did not explain that I am not counting Smith's lost year but I am counting Rodgers years as a non starter (he did have yards those years but Smith had no yards during the year he did not play).

Whether you love or hate Smith it's better to put all the info out for examination. That is why I appreciate posters like Oldman9er--even when I disagree with him it is not for lack of understanding his position. There are many posters on both sides of the Smith debate I appreciate...just can't name them all.
Share 49ersWebzone