LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 377 users in the forums

Harbaugh's Monday Post-Game Presser Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
pretty good questions so far.

some should watch this after it finishes, if you're late.
Whatta dumb question about Stevie Johnson from that woman reporter
wtf?
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Whatta dumb question about Stevie Johnson from that woman reporter
wtf?

I wonder if she'll ask him his feelings about Tebow.

but seriously she should have known this team better...we don't have players that would do stuff like that.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol Harbaugh is such a dick.
they asked him what Alex could've done better in the game. Jim said there were plays where he didn't get rid of the ball sooner.

they asked if it was because the type of Player Alex is. One who needs to know everything about what is going on, before looking effective or what ever. And if the fact we only had few days to prepare, if that was the reason Alex looked hesitant out there. Jim said, no that was not the reason.

a reporter brought up Kaep, for a moment I thought he was going to be trying to start some BS and I'm sure Jim did as well. But the report actually was going somewhere with his question. Basically talked about how teams around the league have lost their starters and are relying on their Backups. He asked about what Jim sees in Kaep through out the week, what is he doing. What his improvements. Does he get regular reps, and not only scout team ones.

Jim basically said Kaep prepares each week as if he were to start. And he does get regular reps. And that he has shown improvements on everything. And the reporter asked if he is confident in Kaep if he were needed to start, and Jim said yes.

now sure that could all be Jim just backing his players...like he does with Chilo and others.....but I think if he was indeed worried about the backup position this late in the season, he would've brought someone in. Seems like does have genuine confidence in Kaep if he were needed to start. So that is good to know, I mean some of us here expected that...but hearing it from Jim this late in the season reassures us on the issue.

I really believe it is VERY important to have a good backup QB...one who could be a starter for other teams. I was very disappointed when Sing/Scott traded Shaun Hill for a 7th round pick, and brought in David Carr as our backup for that season...soooooo stupid.

right now, Bears along with other teams are in trouble. Packers seem to be in a good position with Flynn. And of course, Imo, Lions are in a good position if their starter goes down with Hill backing him up.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 28, 2011 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I really believe it is VERY important to have a good backup QB...one who could be a starter for other teams. I was very disappointed when Sing/Scott traded Shaun Hill for a 7th round pick, and brought in David Carr as our backup for that season...soooooo stupid.

right now, Bears along with other teams are in trouble. Packers seem to be in a good position with Flynn. And of course, Imo, Lions are in a good position if their starter goes down with Hill backing him up.

Very good point!!

This is something I have been thinking about recently. A lot of big name guys have gone down this year and the backup situation is bad. Looking at this from a draft perspective I can see a major run on QB's. Because teams have overlooked the backup QB position for so long its coming back to bite them in the ass. We wont draft a QB this year, but I can see at least 10 teams going after the position which should drop other players for us. The top 2 rounds will be pretty heavy at QB, and if 6 go early, talent will fall all around.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Very good point!!

This is something I have been thinking about recently. A lot of big name guys have gone down this year and the backup situation is bad. Looking at this from a draft perspective I can see a major run on QB's. Because teams have overlooked the backup QB position for so long its coming back to bite them in the ass. We wont draft a QB this year, but I can see at least 10 teams going after the position which should drop other players for us. The top 2 rounds will be pretty heavy at QB, and if 6 go early, talent will fall all around.

yup, I didn't think of it that way. I mean I felt we were pretty set at QB going into this draft and it would allow us to grab focus on other positions. But with so many teams stuck with those 4th-7th round QBs they drafted and seeing the results when they are thrown in there....well there might be more teams taking a QB early in a draft more serious, even if they have a legit starter. Which like you said, should make it better for us.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Kaepernick would've hit D.Walker on that play.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Kaepernick would have tried to run the ball
Originally posted by jreff22:

Very good point!!

yup, I didn't think of it that way. I mean I felt we were pretty set at QB going into this draft and it would allow us to grab focus on other positions. But with so many teams stuck with those 4th-7th round QBs they drafted and seeing the results when they are thrown in there....well there might be more teams taking a QB early in a draft more serious, even if they have a legit starter. Which like you said, should make it better for us.

Quick list..

Miami-starter
Indy-possible starter
Arizona-backup
Seattle-starter
Denver-backup/starter
Kansas City-backup/starter
Washington-starter
Chicago-backup
Tampa-backup (if Johnson leaves)

Originally posted by valrod33:

Winner^
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Originally posted by valrod33:

If we keep giving up 6 or 7 sacks a game, he will need to.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
If we keep giving up 6 or 7 sacks a game, he will need to.

good point. Kaepernick would've only been sacked once. The rest he would've broke for 20-some yard gains.
ScottKegley Scott Kegley
Click here to watch Jim Harbaugh's press conference live at noon. bit.ly/ttkUE1
Share 49ersWebzone