0 sacks allowed, 0 turnovers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Just be happy we won. I was at the game and you could hear a pin drop after the Seachicken's WR had that long TD. The momentum definitly was on the Seachickens side. We are learning on the fly. Good thing we got a strong D.

I'm actually more concerned about our defense than our offense, to be honest. The D was fantastic in the 1st half, but Seattle...led by Tarvaris Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, an incredibly young OL, and mediocre weapons at WR...got pretty much what they wanted in the 2nd half.

i agree, that was extremely troubling.

Seriously? How many 3 and outs did our D have to deal with. They where on the field almost the whole game. They had one bad series and one blown play. Remember that this D is new too. Your telling me that our D is more troubling than our offense when they can't even punch it in on the one yard line? In fact, they went backwards......I think your expectations are too high.

you're not concerned by how effortlessly Tavaris Jackson picked apart our defense in the third quarter? Yes, they were on the field too long, and yes, I agree that the offense is "more of a concern," and yes, overall, our defense--the front seven, at least--were good. But, still, Seattle came out after the half and whatever adjustments they made allowed them to move the ball and take momentum. That's not good, no?

Stop listening to the commentators dude, the Seahawks didn't make any adjustments. Our offense couldn't give our defense a breather, that's not an adjustment.

Seattle's first touchdown was on their first drive of the 2nd half, and their second touchdown happened after a 15 play, 9 minute long drive by the Niners. They didn't carve us up as a result of fatigue.
Originally posted by mella31:
Seattle is one of the weakest teams in the league, and we struggled against them. Yes, there is a learning curve with this new offense, but Harbaugh might as well "test" this playbook now against teams like Seattle, rather than wait until Dallas comes along as gives us a real whooping.

Of course, this game has shown, yet again, how limited Alex Smith is. He just cannot play outside the box, and he barely takes advantage of opportunities given to him. Some might cite that 20 pass plays might is not the ideal sample size to judge Alex on; hell, Im sure some his fans will even point out the 75% completion percentage and think he had a monster game, but comeon......the guy checks down even when he has time, and you can see the toll it took on his offensive players.

We eek out a win against Seattle..........next week might be a disaster.

You seem like a very positive person.
Seriously? How many 3 and outs did our D have to deal with. They where on the field almost the whole game. They had one bad series and one blown play. Remember that this D is new too. Your telling me that our D is more troubling than our offense when they can't even punch it in on the one yard line? In fact, they went backwards......I think your expectations are too high.

The D was on the field "almost the whole game"? Let's go to the box score. Time of possession: Seatlle: 28:53; SF: 31:07. I guess it seemed like they were on the field almost the whole game to you. Perception isn't always reality.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20110911025
Defense is clearly not the unit to worry about regardless of TOP.

The offense had one TD. That's alarming. They gotta get this WCO down pat, asap.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

The offense had one TD. That's alarming. They gotta get this WCO down pat, asap.

It is going to take awhile, we just have to scrape and scrounge and win however we are able to until it comes together...just like today.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
we still aren't clicking at 100% and this is going to take some time, I'm guessing by week 4-5 things start to open up a lot more

True we aren't, but what I'd like to see us do is open up the run by letting Smith get into a rhythm with a bunch of short passes, same way Montana use to do. And with the pressure that Dallas will bring, that has to be part of the game plan. No doubt they'll be gunning for Gore, but what they won't be doing is remembering that Smith can take off when he needs to. I'd also like to get Braylon Edwards more involved, I love to see him fired up.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
True we aren't, but what I'd like to see us do is open up the run by letting Smith get into a rhythm with a bunch of short passes, same way Montana use to do. And with the pressure that Dallas will bring, that has to be part of the game plan. No doubt they'll be gunning for Gore, but what they won't be doing is remembering that Smith can take off when he needs to. I'd also like to get Braylon Edwards more involved, I love to see him fired up.

I really enjoy watching Braylon Edwards play. He has so much emotion and passion for the game... actually so does Morgan. Both players look like they wanna win at all times.

No I will not mention Crabtree who doesn't seem to have any passion whatsoever, other than when he doesn't get a pass when he thinks he's open in the back of the endzone.

Aw s**t, I mentioned Crabtree.
Originally posted by dbdublin:

The D was on the field "almost the whole game"? Let's go to the box score. Time of possession: Seatlle: 28:53; SF: 31:07. I guess it seemed like they were on the field almost the whole game to you. Perception isn't always reality.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20110911025

OWNED!!!
The Good:
1. We won the game.
2. Alex did not throw an interception nor lose a fumble and he got enough plays, including a touchdown, that we won.
3. Oline no sacks.
4. 5 sacks, 3 turnovers for defense.
5. No 100 yard rushers against us.
6. We won time of possession.
7. Alex 90.4 passing rating.
8. We were in the red zone 5 times and scored 19 points and 14 more off of Ginn.

Not Good
1. Two roughing/excessive violence penalties.
2. Very conservative play calling in the red zone.
3. Seattle scored 17 points on us.

Bottom line - We won.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
The Good:
1. We won the game.
2. Alex did not throw an interception nor lose a fumble and he got enough plays, including a touchdown, that we won.
3. Oline no sacks.
4. 5 sacks, 3 turnovers for defense.
5. No 100 yard rushers against us.
6. We won time of possession.
7. Alex 90.4 passing rating.
8. We were in the red zone 5 times and scored 19 points and 14 more off of Ginn.

Not Good
1. Two roughing/excessive violence penalties.
2. Very conservative play calling in the red zone.
3. Seattle scored 17 points on us.

Bottom line - We won.

That defenseless receiver call was straight BS!!! It was a clean hit, are defenders supposed to just allow the receiver to play catch with the QB now?

I was disappointed in the fact that it seemed like Harbaugh lost the halftime adjustment battle. SEA owned us in the second half similar to how we owned them the first half but they were able to run and pass. Our special teams not only stopped their momentum, confidence and control of the game but they also closed the deal.

Alex played well.
Clock management was solid but very risky.

Win is a win. A lot of teams around the league got some huge help from special teams so I will take it.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

I'm still not surprised people are complaining about the defense after the performance they had.

If our defense allowed -15 rushing yards, with 22 passing yards with 8 sacks and 5 interceptions, and again our offense did nothing, people would say, "Alex Smith had 82 yards passing and Gore averaged 2.7 yards per carry while running against a 10 man box, but our defense concerns me. We allowed the Hawks to move the ball on us and threaten to tie the game after our offense put three ENTIRE points on the board. Our D needs to support our O when they are putting up points like they did, because any points scored against us would have neutralized the tremendous effort our offense put forth with those three ENTIRE points."

That is the attitude our fans have these days, many weren't around to see what a real offense actually looks like.
I think our front 7 on the defense is good and can be very good, our secondary as a group is iffy. We can improve. But very few defenses in the NFL that are flawless.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I'm 90% sure we would have gone 3 and out, had ginn not run that back.

And Im 90% sure Vernon Davis is gonna have 3 tds and 150 yds next week. I don't know that for sure just a hunch
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Seattle's first touchdown was on their first drive of the 2nd half, and their second touchdown happened after a 15 play, 9 minute long drive by the Niners. They didn't carve us up as a result of fatigue.

It took you 48Thousand posts to say that?
Share 49ersWebzone