LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 490 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Scott Tolzien Time Traveling Delorean of TRIUMPH!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Souzzz:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
and couldn't throw it beyond the LOS, anyway, because the OL were releasing downfield. On the INT, he was hit as he threw; it happens. Sure, maybe he could have gotten the ball out faster, but YOU try reading an NFL defense while mentally completing the schematics of a handheld cold fusion generator and a elemental food replicator. The man is multi-tasking.

THANK YOU.. some people have no football IQ. The TE's route was nothing more than an attempt at holding the linebackers in. They did not bite on the TE's route, they read the line like theyre suppose to.

Lol, so you're saying a great QB would of been "smart" and not thrown to the wide open guy in the end zone because the defense ignored him? That is what you consider football IQ?
[ Edited by Chief on Aug 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i'm getting this printed on a life size velvet canvas.

I request a print please. Going to hang next to the last supper print I have above my bed.
+3
Originally posted by Chief:
and couldn't throw it beyond the LOS, anyway, because the OL were releasing downfield. On the INT, he was hit as he threw; it happens. Sure, maybe he could have gotten the ball out faster, but YOU try reading an NFL defense while mentally completing the schematics of a handheld cold fusion generator and a elemental food replicator. The man is multi-tasking.

THANK YOU.. some people have no football IQ. The TE's route was nothing more than an attempt at holding the linebackers in. They did not bite on the TE's route, they read the line like theyre suppose to.

Lol, so you're saying a great QB would of been "smart" and not thrown to the wide open guy in the end zone because the defense ignored him? That is what you consider football IQ?

haha you are suppsed to be reading the D as you drop back. THe safety bit, first throw should be straight over the top. If thats not there, check it down.
Those of you who keep saying he was only good against third stringers are missing the big picture. No matter who he's up against, it doesn't reflect on the accuracy of his throws (which were mastly under duress, by the way; 3rd stringers or not, when pass rushers are collapsing your pocket and in your face, it doesn't really matter what string they are), it doesn't change the fact of his quick release, or that he just looks like he belongs back there more than the others, at least at this stage.
Originally posted by Chief:

I THINK what he was saying is that when the O lineman release downfield on a screen pass, the QB can not throw to anyone who is beyod the line of scrimmage, or the play will be called back for a penalty. #71 (Hall?) was already across the LOS before Tolzien threw. As a called screen, the RB would have been his 1st read, and if he was even instructed to look for other receivers, 71 was likely working downfield before he had worked through his progression to him. It's tough to see a guy on the right working toward the middle when you are looking far left. JMHO.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
baby drew brees!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Youngb:

just stop!

Tolzien scored a 38 on his Wonderlic test, matching the second-highest reported score among quarterbacks in this year's draft class. In addition, his 10-inch hand size — the measurement of his outstretched throwing hand from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the little finger — is considered slightly above-average for an NFL quarterback.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/09/04/tolziens-head-hands-pass-harbaugh-test/
Originally posted by boast:

just stop!

Tolzien scored a 38 on his Wonderlic test, matching the second-highest reported score among quarterbacks in this year's draft class. In addition, his 10-inch hand size — the measurement of his outstretched throwing hand from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the little finger — is considered slightly above-average for an NFL quarterback.

Didn't Nate Davis have a similar Wonderlic score? I'm pretty sure it was either a 3 or an 8.

just stop!

Didn't Nate Davis have a similar Wonderlic score? I'm pretty sure it was either a 3 or an 8.

Actually it was potato

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Actually it was potato

They need to stop having the players grade their own tests.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

just stop!

10" hand size, damm, I wonder whats AS hand size?
Right now Tolzien could be an Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, Tim Rattay, Bill Musgrave type of back up. Good off the bench for several games, but might disappoint once given the key to the offense for a whole year or more. Rooting for him to be more than that, but freak'n Tim Rattay got me real skeptical of backups with high intelligence and low on athleticism.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I will laugh my ass off if he gets cut.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Right now Tolzien could be an Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, Tim Rattay, Bill Musgrave type of back up. Good off the bench for several games, but might disappoint once given the key to the offense for a whole year or more. Rooting for him to be more than that, but freak'n Tim Rattay got me real skeptical of backups with high intelligence and low on athleticism.

dude, u just dont like anybody but AS, I mean, nate davis, carr, Kap, troy smith. u always find something negative about other qb's. Tolzien looked good in SD, and now with us, no matter the OL, OC, wr's, multiple playbooks, etc, etc....

lets wait for Harbaugh to decide, he's the qb guru
Share 49ersWebzone