LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 178 users in the forums

49ers Will Ban Tailgating After Games Start

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
how about they stop cancelling everything, and hire more security with all the money they fleece from us.

This.
alcohol will be next.

book that s**t
yeah now how do we have enought time to sober up before leaving the game. esp since they will be putting up DUI checkpoints.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
alcohol will be next.

book that s**t

A lot of people would not want to go. The 49ers aren't a winning program. The main reason a lot o people go is the tailgate and food and drinks with friends before and after the game.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
typical overreaction.
Checkpoints? f**k that s**t!!
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Aug 22, 2011 at 5:51 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
alcohol will be next.

book that s**t

A lot of people would not want to go. The 49ers aren't a winning program. The main reason a lot o people go is the tailgate and food and drinks with friends before and after the game.

don't matter. Lawsuits or fear of lawsuits will determine what they do, nothing else. I've been tailgating in the RV lot since I was a little kid. You think I want this? f**king rejects puking all over each other starting s**t. I have my share of stories. I've seen people smoking crack in the parking lot. SMH. They're the ones ruining it for everyone. You think with the higher ticket prices they would have weeded the trash out. Not so apparently.
  • dj43
Next in line:

Parking lot gates will not open until 2 1/2 hours before game time. Cuts down on the amount of time people can sit in the parking lot and drink.

Ban all alcohol sales in the stadium after the first quarter.

waiting....waiting....

• JD81
  • Veteran
Anyone complaining about the 49ers stopping tailgating AFTER the games start is retarded.

When the game starts, shouldn't you be IN THE STADIUM anyways?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
What does this accomplish?

A date in February in Indianapolis

Originally posted by JD81:
Anyone complaining about the 49ers stopping tailgating AFTER the games start is retarded.

When the game starts, shouldn't you be IN THE STADIUM anyways?

as others have said, during blowouts, a lot of people go back out to the car to watch/listen and eat and drink and salvage the day.

also, my feeling is that its a silly over-reaction that does nothing to solve whatever problem they think they are solving.
Are all these new rules a for sure thing or just ideas being thrown out?
yeah i dont know how they will enforce this. I liked to tailgate after the game to wait for the traffic to die down. This is a bad move by the niner organization.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Taking away battle of the bay i agree with, its just getting too out of control. But tailgating? Thats part of football, you cant take that away. If it wasn't for tailgating i wouldn't have season tickets. I like to tailgate before the game, and after the game while the traffic dies down. And sometimes during the game if its a blowout or something. This is total BS. A few raider fans act stupid and now all of the 49er faithful have to suffer.
Same here. I still plan on tailgating after. No way they are going to stop everyone.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
What does this accomplish?

taking the riots to the bars rather than the parking lot
Share 49ersWebzone