Originally posted by Hopper:
Dixon needs to drop some weight.

yep---take off 30 pounds and run like he did in college
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by kunged:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
I think Dixon and Hunter are quite capable of the back-up duties

Back up duty is the problem. It's being a full time starter when/if Gore goes down. He means so much to our offense that I think our team would be in deep trouble without him. Westbrook (WB), filled in nicely last year. It was clear Dixon couldn't handle the load and I dont think it has anything to do with being a rookie. RBs are most NFL ready players coming out of college.

As runners yes, but blitz pick-up, especially as we are used to Gore - one of the best RBs in the league for blocking - means we will hold rookie/young RBs to a much higher standard. If Dixon isn't running the ball effectively take him out, but I think we should give him a little more time to learn about the RB blocking schemes.

I agree. I'm just not all that impressed with his running. He shows flashes, but he's not consistent, He seems to run really hot or really cold. Anyway, just my opinion.

I agree with you about that part, hopefully he can get some consistency running the ball effectively
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I would love to see Brian Westbrook (BW) coming back to the 49ers; however, Harbaugh did not take flowers to BW in the off season.

Funny.
Dixon sucks
SI is reporting that Chester Taylor will be released by the bears in the upcoming weeks.

If i recall, Chester was a monster when it came to screen passes and check downs with the vikings as a compliment to Peterson.
Once Martz came to town, Chester has been used a short yardage back and a blocker. I could see him and Gore producing alot more than Dixon.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
SI is reporting that Chester Taylor will be released by the bears in the upcoming weeks.

If i recall, Chester was a monster when it came to screen passes and check downs with the vikings as a compliment to Peterson.
Once Martz came to town, Chester has been used a short yardage back and a blocker. I could see him and Gore producing alot more than Dixon.

I would be down for him
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
I don't think so. Out of all positions in football the RB is the easiest for rookies to step in and be productive.
Share 49ersWebzone