Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 559 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. HOU TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 3)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aldon Smith was no where to be seen today & Ice just sucks plain n simple
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Shaj:
I don't understand why everyone is swinging from Kendall's nuts. After all the other washouts we've had light it up at the RB position in the pre-season, I won't get excited about anyone until they demonstrate some consistent results during the regular season.


no one is swinging on his nuts saying he is going to be a pro-bowler but the proof is in the pudding:



anthony dixon - 8 rushes 15 yards

kendall hunter - 8 rushes 40 yards



playing with the same gameplan, the same blockers, the same everything. case closed kendall hunter should be our backup RB. that's all anyone is saying

Plain and simple, Hunter is a much better back than Dixon. Dixon was projected as a fourth round pick or later. Hunter was projected as a 2nd rounder. And for good reason. He's simply far more talented and polished. Teams were only concerned if he could take the pounding in the NFL because he's 5-7 200. The guy is built thick though, and last I checked, there are other backs that are the same weight, but taller and not built as thick (see Chris Johnson, 5-11 191 OR Jamaal Charles 5-11 199).

Hunter is an every down back and should be Gore's backup. He's a much more valuable weapon than Dixon, especially on third downs, because of his blocking, his speed, agility, vision, etc.

Well, I like Hunter, but I'm not as down on Dixon as everyone else seems to be.

I like both guys and I think they both have a place on the team. I think Hunter should be the #2 tho.

on another note tho....the two guys you mentioned are about the same weight, but also two of the fastest players in the NFL. Hunter is not. Hunter will be doing dirty work between the tackles that CJ and Charles don't do.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 27, 2011 at 11:27 PM ]
On another note, I think Kilgore will be the starting center in two years, and the starting RG next year, if not sooner.

I don't know what Staley's problem is, but pretty soon if he continues this nonsense the lineup will be:

Boone - Iupati - Goodwin - Snyder - Davis
Staley - Kilgore - Wragge - Rachal

Next year.. the hope is..

Boone - Iupati - Goodwin - Kilgore - Davis
Staley - Rook/Fa - Kilgore - Snyder - Person
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results aka rachal has got to go
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
ITS THE PRESEASON STFU

C'mon, hasn't 2010 showed you anything? It's so important to win in the pre-season - because this might be the only time we can win.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,133
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Aldon Smith was no where to be seen today & Ice just sucks plain n simple

Because Ice is the one who is suppose to supply the pass-rush right.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
if it's between him and Kyle Williams, KW's got it all the way.

This
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 29,755
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Shaj:
I don't understand why everyone is swinging from Kendall's nuts. After all the other washouts we've had light it up at the RB position in the pre-season, I won't get excited about anyone until they demonstrate some consistent results during the regular season.

no one is swinging on his nuts saying he is going to be a pro-bowler but the proof is in the pudding:

anthony dixon - 8 rushes 15 yards
kendall hunter - 8 rushes 40 yards

playing with the same gameplan, the same blockers, the same everything. case closed kendall hunter should be our backup RB. that's all anyone is saying

Dixon lead the leage in rushing last pre-season
Coffee lead the league in rushing the previous pre-season

/discussion
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
ITS ONLY PRESEASON, STFU

This
Originally posted by niners94:
they're going to have to scheme for that to happen. right now, it's just man on man and they're not winning most of the time.

I agree ...... but tonight was discouraging though.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Shaj:
I don't understand why everyone is swinging from Kendall's nuts. After all the other washouts we've had light it up at the RB position in the pre-season, I won't get excited about anyone until they demonstrate some consistent results during the regular season.

no one is swinging on his nuts saying he is going to be a pro-bowler but the proof is in the pudding:

anthony dixon - 8 rushes 15 yards
kendall hunter - 8 rushes 40 yards

playing with the same gameplan, the same blockers, the same everything. case closed kendall hunter should be our backup RB. that's all anyone is saying

Dixon lead the leage in rushing last pre-season
Coffee lead the league in rushing the previous pre-season

/discussion

Yes, but we aren't saying Hunter is a Pro Bowl back. Thats not the discussion. The question is which of the 2 should backup Gore.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,790
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes saying that because the booing is completely unnecissary unless its directed to our o line he doesnt even have time to get to his backstep he had 2 completition one on a clean pocket other on a rollout every other pass has been contested with a sack or a d linemen right in his face or a hit while throw

no way you can jusge anyone on the offense today unless its the o line

yes, they were booing Alex, and it will continue
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Two things that I've noticed from this game:

- It's obvious to me that Kendall Hunter should be Frank Gore's backup. Dixon might even be on the bubble for a roster spot?

- LT Joe Staley is routinely getting beat inside.


I don't understand why everyone is swinging from Kendall's nuts. After all the other washouts we've had light it up at the RB position in the pre-season, I won't get excited about anyone until they demonstrate some consistent results during the regular season.

He was running against ones tonight at least
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,429
I wouldn't wanna be a QB for the 49ers having to play with that offensive line. As much as I dislike Alex Smith and know he will only ever be average at best, it sucks watching him play behind this line. The second he steps back, he is either getting hit or about to take a big hit. Kaep ain't even close to being ready. What's good is that I have prepared myself for us to suck real bad this year. Unlike the last few years where i actually had expectations.
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by 49erAddict:
...but it is pre-season...

This is the battlecry now, wait till the season starts.. then what?
Then you watch the game and rationally and critically analyze our football team as a whole in an unbiased manner.

Or, if you don't want to do that you can post in Niner Talk.
...and this sucks , so far, but at least it does not count. Remember how bada$$ we were after 4-0 in pre=season last year?
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone