LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

What's Gore's longest reception?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
And I don't want to include YAC.

My point is, I don't think I've seen the guy catch much down field and I seriously doubt many ILB's or even OLB's could hang with him for more than the first 10 yards. One of the few fortunately plays on the same team.

I'd like to see Gore split out more and create some mismatches, but he'd have to get some serious separation to overcome the height disadvantage. Will the WCO get after this?
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:

My point is, I don't think I've seen the guy catch much down field and I seriously doubt many ILB's or even OLB's could hang with him for more than the first 10 yards. One of the few fortunately plays on the same team.

I'd like to see Gore split out more and create some mismatches, but he'd have to get some serious separation to overcome the height disadvantage. Will the WCO get after this?

If you do that, the D is smelling pass. It may surprise a team on 1st down, but the D-line and whoever will be pinning there ears back and going after Alex. Besides gore is not real fast, strong and a little quick.
Originally posted by WildBill:

If you do that, the D is smelling pass. It may surprise a team on 1st down, but the D-line and whoever will be pinning there ears back and going after Alex. Besides gore is not real fast, strong and a little quick.

gore is very strong and extremely quick. there is a difference between fast and quick though.
The only way Gore would get a 10+ yd reception through the air would be if either Dixon or Hunter comes on really strong this year, requiring defenses to play both backs and Gore goes for a wheel route.

Hypothetical on top of a hypothetical.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I'm for anything that mixes up the plays a little instead of the usual run, run, run and 3 & outs! Coach Sing probably had only TWO pages in his offensive playbook last year!
a few years ago i remember a play vs seattle (I think) where A smith hit gore for about a 20 yard TD cach, he dove and caught it in the endzone and hit the pylon, pretty sweet. I also remember Gore telling the media he could be a starting WR for this team (2008 i think), and he probably could of....
[ Edited by bigginz54 on Jul 6, 2011 at 4:22 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by WildBill:

gore is very strong and extremely quick. there is a difference between fast and quick though.

Gore is much quicker than fast. For the first 20 yards, he's pretty uncatchable, but after that he can get run down by most guys in the secondary.
Against the Lambs lastyear @ home. I was at the game, and i believe it was 3rd and 18 (i'm not sure), but that's one i remember.

EDIT: i just looked it up. It was 4th and 18
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Jul 6, 2011 at 8:33 PM ]
im not positive but i think gore had a 20 yard reception on a 4th down in the game we beat the rams in the 4th quarter...
I don't know for sure but his longest reception seemsl ike 5-8 yards, he usually does the rest himself.

That is mostly due to.....
Crappy slow WR's who never get open.
Captain Checkdown, and the duck throwing avenger
Offensive line that can't block anything.
Bad play calls.

Gore its not a consistent down the field threat. Hes pretty slow compared to many nfl backs. Always getting caught from behind.
that's what WR's are for.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
that's what WR's are for.

not on this team, at least not before the harballs era.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
nvm.
[ Edited by boast on Jul 7, 2011 at 9:58 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:
48 yds in '09

http://www.nfl.com/player/frankgore/2506404/careerstats?id=GOR411171

Op said longest in the air, without YAC...
IE: how reggie bush can motion out, in the slot then proceed to catch a 30 yard in.

edit: saw ur nvm, so nvm my post :)
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jul 7, 2011 at 9:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone