LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 155 users in the forums

Delanie Walker...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Might be switching to WR.

He is going to be a hell of a weapon for Harbaulls.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I think this is a misconception spawned from DW saying he'll be dropping weight this year.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Delanie does need to clean up his ball security a little bit. He currently fumbles once every 17 touches which is pretty high when you think about it. In comparison, VD fumbles once every 59 touches.

I looked it up and dont remember it being near that off... Define "touches".

Sorry I should have been more clear.

By"touches" I meant catches + carries. I didn't include kickoff returns only plays from scrimmage, but perhaps I should.

He's had 83 catches + 8 carries / 5 career fumbles (both recovered & lost)
= 18 touches per fumble

Calculation was off by 1 the 1st time but still a high fumble rate. Don't get me wrong I like Delanie and am looking forward to him having a bigger role in the offense this year. He just has to take care of the ball better IMO.

[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 22, 2011 at 23:38:33 ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
best #2 TE in the NFL

This is such a webzone comment. I hope you are joking, Delanie Walker is in NO
WAY the best #2 TE in the NFL.

Delanie would be a terrible number one TE, he is in the slot, or moving around when the niners have two TE sets. He flat out sucks in my opinion considering how much playing time he has received, return man, on field in 2 TE sets, etc.

Look up Aaron Hernandez's stats, he did more as the #2 TE on the Pats than Delanie has done in his whole career at SF.

If the niners cut Delanie, there is a distinct possibility he would have to go to the CFL if he wanted to continue playing.
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
Originally posted by JayBee:
LOL @ him costing the team games. Really?

I was thinking the same thing

Our backup TE did not cost us a game

I think he had one or two costly turnovers last season? But I don't know if I'd say he cost us games?

Do you know who costs us games? Sourdough Sam!

That guy needs to step his game up!

J/k...Delanie scares me every time he has the ball. I always think he's going to fumble.

Wendel Tyler...but he's a TE. Fortunately, TEs don't touch the ball as many times as a RB
Originally posted by 9erred:
best #2 TE in the NFL

Delanie would be a terrible number one TE, he is in the slot, or moving around when the niners have two TE sets. He flat out sucks in my opinion considering how much playing time he has received, return man, on field in 2 TE sets, etc.

Look up Aaron Hernandez's stats, he did more as the #2 TE on the Pats than Delanie has done in his whole career at SF.

If the niners cut Delanie, there is a distinct possibility he would have to go to the CFL if he wanted to continue playing.

I don't think delanie is the best #2 TE either, but I don't think he is bad enough to be in the CFL.

I think if he was with the pats, he would have put up good stats, with us we had such a crappy offense the last 2-3 years everyone on our offense could have had better numbers elsewhere.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I think this is a misconception spawned from DW saying he'll be dropping weight this year.

Yeah you are right. I read that somewhere. In that article they mentioned he may play more WR.

I'm think he'll be moved around the field. He is very versitle.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
He's down to like 230 or so, and at that weight it looks like they might be moving him back to WR. Not a bad move if you ask me.

slightly bigger than Shannon Sharpe was, I see no problem, as he will brought in to create match up problems.
Originally posted by 9erred:
best #2 TE in the NFL

If the niners cut Delanie, there is a distinct possibility he would have to go to the Saints if he wanted to continue playing.

fixed

I think this statement is also a classic webzone comment. Every 49er seems to be either the best or the worst. D-Love is not a good inline blocker, but he does fine blocking on the move and in the secondary. LBs can't cover him, and Safeties have difficulty with him as well. If he gets some drill work with the WRs, he will get better at using his body to shield off the defender from incoming passes, making it harder for CBs to cover him. I don't think he is the best anything, but I think he has a legit skill set that can be utilized to catch/keep defenses off-balance.
I like Walker but I don't see D Walker being super , but I think he has his best year under Harbaugh. Harbaugh will move him around and create some problems for the defenses. I'm interested to see him at the new lighter weight , hopefully with improved ball security being added to the mix.

gonna be on knbr soon...

i'm expecting big things from him this year
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
gonna be on knbr soon...

i'm expecting big things from him this year

Hope so too
love him.
I am starting to think Delanie "Sky" Walker might actually be our best TE. At least 1b
Originally posted by danimal:
I am starting to think Delanie "Sky" Walker might actually be our best TE. At least 1b

I dont know how good he can be but one thing is for sure and that is that he is the key to our passing game opening up and teams appear to have focused more on him the past few games.
Share 49ersWebzone