There are 153 users in the forums

Round 7, #211, the San Francisco 49ers selects Bruce Miller (DL) Central Florida

Shop Find 49ers gear online
so far harbaugh and baalke hit on damn near every draft pick. this dude was smashin people during the game yesterday and looked like a natural FB.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
so far harbaugh and baalke hit on damn near every draft pick. this dude was smashin people during the game yesterday and looked like a natural FB.

Agreed...Imagine how he will be with experience. This kid is flat out a football player.
It was easy to be skeptical of a defensive player drafted to play an offensive position for a professional team. A position change is generally more acceptable as long as it is on the same side of the ball. In this case, Miller seems to be adjusting and learning quickly. Hopefully, he can continue this pace of learning and pacify the supposed rationalists.
I still want to see what he can do as an OLB. Dude was a beast on defense in college. Love that he's with us, and I'm cool with him being a FB, but I hope they let him play some OLB.
He showed some nice hands on his catch and run in the left flat last night.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I still want to see what he can do as an OLB. Dude was a beast on defense in college. Love that he's with us, and I'm cool with him being a FB, but I hope they let him play some OLB.

Was able to catch a couple of his games on CBSSN, he has the attitude and is athleticness but from allot of his sacks and TFLs were pure effort. He doesnt really stand out with any special pass rush moves, just typically out works the guy in front of him. I'm all for giving him a shot at olb for versatility sake when hes gotten FB down, but he really doesnt stand out as "special" from a passrushing standpoint when watched play after play. He wasnt really playing against amazing competition either on the games shown.
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 21, 2011 at 7:06 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I think its a bit really to make such a bold statement.
Originally posted by susweel:

True, but at this point it's at least easy to say he's better than Moron Norris (who took almost 50 seconds to get off the f**king field in the redzone, holding up plays), getting knocked on his ass in pass-protection.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM ]
the jury is still out on this draft class, good or bad. hell, the jury on last years draft class is still out. you have to give a class 3 years to see who was a good pick and who was bad. so far this year it looks like we have some really good selections.

One of the rare times I actually agree with susweel. WAAAAYYYY too early.

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
HE'S A BEAST!!!
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
This guy keeps on looking better and better. I was watching him hit his blocks really good in the preseason game vs the raiders. No way he doesn't get picked up if we try to put him on the practice squad. The guys got good hands too. Hopefully, he keeps it up and doesn't prove me wrong, The one thing I'm not sure about is if he can run block as well as Norris...I think old man Norris has the edge there.

this offseason is the only one in recent memory that i can honestly say the rookies look like they belong. most times they just look like rookies. ofcourse its early but this class is really promising so far
So far, Norris is looking better than he did... though still too slow on the far outside runs.

Bruce Miller looking great all around... even the other FB (Jack Corcoran) had some impressive lead blocks.

Talent-wise, I think the young guys are better, but not sure how morale would be if we cut Norris at this point.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Was able to catch a couple of his games on CBSSN, he has the attitude and is athleticness but from allot of his sacks and TFLs were pure effort. He doesnt really stand out with any special pass rush moves, just typically out works the guy in front of him. I'm all for giving him a shot at olb for versatility sake when hes gotten FB down, but he really doesnt stand out as "special" from a passrushing standpoint when watched play after play. He wasnt really playing against amazing competition either on the games shown.

Outworks his opponent? Wins on pure effort? Nothing flashy? Sounds like Justin Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone