LISTEN: 49ers Schedule Release Special →

There are 112 users in the forums

Round 7, #211, the San Francisco 49ers selects Bruce Miller (DL) Central Florida

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please use this thread to discuss the player we drafted.

[ Edited by Oscar on Apr 30, 2011 at 2:44 PM ]
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Apparently this guy is a steal in the 7th. Time will tell.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
And we are apparently going to convert him to FB, per Maiocco.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oscar:
Apparently this guy is a steal in the 7th. Time will tell.

Yeah as a LB but we want him as a FB.
Love the pick, but only if he plays OLB. Bruce Miller is a god among boys.
took ya long enough.
We drafted our fb

Bye Moran Norris
Hey guys. I just signed up for this forum because I was super excited when I saw Bruce Miller finally get drafted to the 49ers. I am a student at UCF, and I am also heavily involved in Sports Journalism.

Here's a little insight about Bruce Miller.

Bruce was the main reason that UCF had one of the top defenses in the entire country in both 2009 and 2010. His relentlessness was apparent at all times, as he truly made an impact on games. He always seemed to make an impact when the game was on the line or when his team needed him.

You guys got an incredible steal with Bruce. He will definitely be able to contribute, and although his 40 time may be a little slow, he makes up for it in his work ethic.

Bruce was the type of player that was loved by the fans. Not only was he the best player on UCF's defense during their 11-3 season last year, the entire stadium would yell "Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce!" any time that he made a play. In perhaps the biggest game in UCF's short football history, Bruce stepped up during UCF's bowl game against the University of Georgia. UCF was up 10-6 and Georgia started driving down the field late in the 4th quarter. Bruce had crucial pressures and a crucial sack that helped UCF get its first bowl win in school history.

Overall, you are getting a great kid who will earn his respect and earn every minute of playing time he gets.

Will he eventually start? That, I do not know, but he will definitely make the most of every opportunity he is given.
Originally posted by UCFknights:
Hey guys. I just signed up for this forum because I was super excited when I saw Bruce Miller finally get drafted to the 49ers. I am a student at UCF, and I am also heavily involved in Sports Journalism.

Here's a little insight about Bruce Miller.

Bruce was the main reason that UCF had one of the top defenses in the entire country in both 2009 and 2010. His relentlessness was apparent at all times, as he truly made an impact on games. He always seemed to make an impact when the game was on the line or when his team needed him.

You guys got an incredible steal with Bruce. He will definitely be able to contribute, and although his 40 time may be a little slow, he makes up for it in his work ethic.

Bruce was the type of player that was loved by the fans. Not only was he the best player on UCF's defense during their 11-3 season last year, the entire stadium would yell "Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce!" any time that he made a play. In perhaps the biggest game in UCF's short football history, Bruce stepped up during UCF's bowl game against the University of Georgia. UCF was up 10-6 and Georgia started driving down the field late in the 4th quarter. Bruce had crucial pressures and a crucial sack that helped UCF get its first bowl win in school history.

Overall, you are getting a great kid who will earn his respect and earn every minute of playing time he gets.

Will he eventually start? That, I do not know, but he will definitely make the most of every opportunity he is given.

Thanks man. Welcome to the WebZone. Also why I said:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Love the pick, but only if he plays OLB. Bruce Miller is a god among boys.

they should let him play both ways

he's a peacock, you gotta let him fly!

Originally posted by valrod33:
We drafted our fb

Bye Moran Norris

"mattbarrows: Here's a Bruce Miller (6-1, 245) recap: He played DE at UCF. Some teams looked at him at OLB. The 49ers drafted him to play FB. That is all."
--http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/64444743756689408

"MaioccoCSN: Bruce Miller was more than a little surprised to get the call from 49ers ... to play fullback. http://bit.ly/klC50j"
--http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/64446062848512000
I'm kind of lost here, we drafted the guy who played DE/OLB to play FB? WTF? I don't get it.
Originally posted by teeohh:
they should let him play both ways

he's a peacock, you gotta let him fly!

Seriously. He looks like a scarier pass rusher that Aldon Smith to me. Granted, that's based purely on a couple youtube movies.... But there's something about really scary pass rushers that just looks like a wild animal breaking out of a cage. Miller looks more like that than Aldon to me.

I like watching the QBs drop way back and then just fall down in fear.
Bruce miller = brit miller part 2
Share 49ersWebzone