LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 240 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
waiting to see him run in the regular season before making a final judgement
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Agreed. Everyone was fired up about Coffee, Dixon, etc. during the preseason as well. I am waiting to see what this kid can do in the regular season. He looks the part.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
You gotta love the way Hunter hits the whole with urgency. No tap dancing, just one cut and go. I hope Hunter is the #2 back for the season. Nothing against Dixon he has some skills, but it's clear Hunter is the better player.

I LOVE the fact that we saw a bunch of zone-blocking schemes in our ground attack! I had a feeling we would incorporate some zone since all of our lineman lost a ton of weight during the offseason to be more agile. Seeing our big guys chop block the defense into oblivion brought back some good memories.

I'm very impressed with his running. Looks like we have a Westbrook, I can just imagine how well he can do in a screen pass.

Giedi
Originally posted by jreff22:

this
I still say Hunter should move up to #2. Dixon should get cut or moved down the depth chart
Dixon=Barlow.

Just hit the hole damn it
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Dixon=Barlow.

Just hit the hole damn it

I wouldn't be surprised if Dixon is cut. I don't think he provides much special teams help does he?
Originally posted by Joecool:
I wouldn't be surprised if Dixon is cut. I don't think he provides much special teams help does he?

I think he does. But how much more is he than that?
Will somone please set up and take credit for the name "Big game Hunter." I like that!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Will somone please set up and take credit for the name "Big game Hunter." I like that!

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Dixon=Barlow. Just hit the hole damn it
I would bet money that by the start of regular season Hunter will be #2.
"Big Game" Hunter was my nickname for him in yesterday's Game Thread.

havent read this while thread and have only seen highlights. with all the talk of hunter's running and "hitting holes" how is his pass protection? is he picking up blitzes. has he caught anything out of the backfield? is he an all round back?
Share 49ersWebzone