LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

starting a rookie QB in 2011...do the niners have the tools?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by Trajik1:
No! Our line is not ready for that! And with the lock out it'll give a rookie less time to prepare and learn than Alex had!

our o line is light years ahead of what it was when alex was a rookie maybe even 2007

The OL is about the same ....and that is so sad...
Not sure where to put this.

So what is Harbaughs message to Alex Smith? I think you could be solid, so come here to compete? Even if he was given the starting job, I doubt he would come back, let alone come back just to compete. So unless Harbaugh see greatness, why even bother? I wonder if the song would be the same if it was a normal football year?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Trajik1:
No! Our line is not ready for that! And with the lock out it'll give a rookie less time to prepare and learn than Alex had!

our o line is light years ahead of what it was when alex was a rookie maybe even 2007

The OL is about the same ....and that is so sad...

no when alex started we didnt have a good LT we have one with staley we literally had no RG LG and our RT was kwame
with harbaugh and the talent we now have on our team as opposed to 2005...yes

oh yeah the division is horrible as well
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
With the amount of resouces we've commited to the Oline we should be able to start Ryan Leaf!!! If our oline doesn't make it into the top ten I'm going to be very disappointed. 3 first rounders and 2 seconds!

I'm glad they picked OL in the 1st and 2nd rounds but that does not guaranty success. Coaching is more important and the ability to evaluate talent. Rachal may blossom under the new system, but he may also fall flat on his face. The 9ers have a big, imposing line now but can they work together? I sure hope they do but it's not a sure thing just because they put money behind it. Two rookies and Rachal worry me going into a year with a shortened preseason.

It would be wise to have several fleet footed QBs ready to run for their lives--just in case!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone