LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 359 users in the forums

Postion Battles: WR and TE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
LETS GO K-DUB!!!

i dont know what it is but i think(hope) this kid is gonna be good and i agree with this
1.Michael Crabtree
2 Braylon Edwards
3 Ted Ginn Jr
4 Josh Morgan
5 Kyle Williams
6 Ronald Johnson
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i shouldve been more clear i wasnt singling you out with hating Morgan ive seen many posts saying that he sucks and put him way down on the depth chart one guy even said that he shouldnt make the 53 man roster

dont listen to those crazy fools, for example: (Suck for Luck people)
Morgan is the man and by having him as a depth 3-4 WR just makes us much better at WR, then we have been in years
I think we will carry 6 WRs because of Crabtree's availability issue.

1 Edwards
2 Crabtree
3 Morgan
4 Ginn
5 K. Williams
6 Johnson

I see Ziegler being released because I believe he's not a P.S option.
Long and/or Jurovich on the P.S.

Hey Frisco are you going to create a "Position Battles Safety" thread? I think that would be a interesting topic.
Originally posted by valrod33:
i dont know what it is but i think(hope) this kid is gonna be good and i agree with this
1.Michael Crabtree
2 Braylon Edwards
3 Ted Ginn Jr
4 Josh Morgan
5 Kyle Williams
6 Ronald Johnson

he's got what it takes. He just needs to stay healthy!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Alright everyone, IMO we have 6 guys that are locks for the position and 3 fighting for a practice squad spot.

1 Michael Crabtree
2 Braylon Edwards
3 Ted Ginn Jr
4 Josh Morgan
5 Kyle Williams
6 Ronald Johnson

IMO The 3 fighting it out are Lance Long, Kevin Jurovich, and Ziegler

I dont see Ziegler making the team b/c he is hurt now and missing crucial reps and also he is a Nolan/Sing guy.

What is the zone's opinion on Lance Long and Kevin Jurovich?

I haven't put together a 53 man projection yet, but we are gonna have a hard time justifying 6 WRs. We have a smaller Delanie Walker that would be able to bump a receiver to add an extra spot elsewhere. So, if I were to imagine a 5 WR limit...

1. Braylon Edwards - we know the talent is there, and he's showing the perfect attitude in acclimating himself.
2. Mike Crabtree - Love him or hate him, he's naturally talented and will be among the top 3 (may have to battle to reach the #2 at this point).
3. Joshua Morgan - Great attitude and work ethic. Limit the mistakes, and he's a very solid #2 and a great #3
4. Ted Ginn Jr. - Staff seems to really like him. He's GOT to stop dropping passes though.

5. Kyle Williams - He should have the edge right now, but must stay healthy and keep impressing.

?. Ronald Johnson - Great work ethic and attitude. Needs to show better separation. Nervous to put him on the p-squad.
?. Lance Long - Impressive vs the Saints... another Wayne Chrebet type that I don't want to see go.
?. Kevin Jurovich - another high effort guy, but we are stacked already.
?. We have a few more, including Zeigler, but I think they are goners.
i dont think zeigler or long are eligible for practice squad--zeigler might fit on the pup list, being ineligible for 1st 6 weeks of season
Zielger is a guy that we SHOULD keep. He is just as good if not better than Morgan and Ginn. However, with the injury and new coaching staff, he probably wont make the team as he hasn't had a chance to show what he can do. Unfortunate. He will likely do well on another team.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Zielger is a guy that we SHOULD keep. He is just as good if not better than Morgan and Ginn. However, with the injury and new coaching staff, he probably wont make the team as he hasn't had a chance to show what he can do. Unfortunate. He will likely do well on another team.

He is always injured though, yeah he has talent but you cant depend on the guy to be on the field every sunday
Unless there is a shocking cut of Ted Ginn, it appears the team has its 5 WR in place. Johnson looks like the man on the outside, unless the team decides to keep 6 WR's. Too bad, since the player graded much higher on my draft board, David Carter, of UCLA, who I was cheering for when the Niners picked, was selected two picks later, and has been playing very well in camp.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I want to see Tyler Beiler get on the field, he made some nice catches yesterday some not so great, on one just blew right past somebody for a 50 yrd TD. He is not going to make the team but you can see he has potential.

Originally posted by JustaFan45:
I think we will carry 6 WRs because of Crabtree's availability issue.

1 Edwards
2 Crabtree
3 Morgan
4 Ginn
5 K. Williams
6 Johnson

I see Ziegler being released because I believe he's not a P.S option.
Long and/or Jurovich on the P.S.

Hey Frisco are you going to create a "Position Battles Safety" thread? I think that would be a interesting topic.

It shall be done, PS you are the man
Why is everyone so high on Kyle Williams? He shouldn't be a lock.
Originally posted by sacniner:

he can catch, return, and create explosive plays
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

he can catch, return, and create explosive plays

He has potential, but that is a pretty optimistic view. I hope you're right and he gets an oppurtunity to show it.
He has potential, but that is a pretty optimistic view. I hope you're right and he gets an oppurtunity to show it.

He is miles ahead of the other small receivers on the roster. This shows up easily watching practices and game tape.
Share 49ersWebzone