There are 335 users in the forums

to improve our seconday...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
... we need a more consistent pass rush. PERIOD

/thread
From sevondary to seconday
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I want asamougha, throw all the money at him that he wants because he will be worth every single penny.

Last year stats

16 catches for 103 yards... amazing

THIS

And where do you find those stats at?

No link. Therefore, made up.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Is that the day before thirday?

"Asomugha is one of the league's best man-to-man cornerbacks, with most teams choosing not to throw to his side of the field. According to STATS LLC, Asomugha was targeted on just 33 pass attempts this season. He allowed 13 completions for 205 yards and no touchdowns, burnishing his reputation as a shutdown cornerback."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004943

theres ur oh so meaningful link to proof the stats.
not as amazing as that guy said it was but still ridiculous
who needs INTS when u have that type of shut down capability
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Is that the day before thirday?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Nnamdi will want a lot of money so I don't see us going after him even though it would be amazing to get a hold of him. My "realistic" off season for our secondary

Cut Clements

Sign Chris Carr or Eric Wright

Draft Amukamara or Peterson

Safety wise

Let Goldson walk

Sign Dawan Landry

Draft Robert Sands or Ahmad Black
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
I want asamougha, throw all the money at him that he wants because he will be worth every single penny.

Last year stats

THIS

And where do you find those stats at?

No link. Therefore, made up.

Um no I didn't make it up

The link is somewhere on webzone in another asomougha thread
Amukamara. And we should pick up Asomugha in Free Agency, then trade for Akwasi Owusu-Ansah from the Cowboys...

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Amukamara. And we should pick up Asomugha in Free Agency, then trade for Akwasi Owusu-Ansah from the Cowboys...

Sweet

• fip24
  • Veteran
Considering most on this board are still struggling w/ the spelling of Clements, the thought of adding Nnamdi and/or Amukamara is horrifying (even though it would be great for the team). Someone needs to give these guys nick names or this is gonna get confusing
Originally posted by fip24:
Considering most on this board are still struggling w/ the spelling of Clements, the thought of adding Nnamdi and/or Amukamara is horrifying (even though it would be great for the team). Someone needs to give these guys nick names or this is gonna get confusing

I'd say the chances are high that Nate will be starting somewhere on this defense next season. If the 9ers didn't want him they wouldn't talk about him taking a paycut.

When he signed the deal both sides understood that he wasn't going to get next years numbers. Those huge numbers are almost always more for the agent than they are the player. It's understood that these big deals will be restructured at some point.
If we sign Nmandi, it would give us HUGE options come draft day when Prince or Peterson are still on the board.

With Nmandi signed and locking down one side, we could:

draft Prince or Peterson.... OR

trade back with the Texans (#11) or the Lions (#13) and get an extra 2nd round pick (about a 200 point difference for the Texans and about even for the Lions according to the value chart but they both need help in their secondary).

This scenario we will end up with our Shutdown corner (Nmandi), a Playmaker opposite of Crabtree (Julio Jones or Justin Blackmon), our QB of the future (Newton, Mallet, Locker, OR Gabbert WILL drop to the 2nd and Devlin, Dalton, Stanzi will be available), and our pass rusher (Beal). That gives us 8 more picks (not including comp picks) to add GREAT depth on our roster.

Or................

We can improve our secondary by signing Lamaar Woodley (OLB - Pitt) instead of signing Nmandi and then just drafting Prince or Peterson at #7

Either way, with Cap money AND 10+ picks, we have no reason to NOT have a drastically improved defense and I can't wait

Last year stats

I agree. Throw him the money. I'd rather have him than any other DB in the league
Share 49ersWebzone