LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Tim Drevno Named Offensive Line Coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
RT @sf_game what about Ray Brown? > He was O-line assistant last year. Right now, in limbo and encouraged to pursue other opportunities.

http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/26091525700059137

Drevno is last year's Solari
Solari is last year's Ray Brown

Good luck Ray!

It's hard to imagine Solari working under an OL coach who's never coached a day in the NFL . . .
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 14, 2011 at 6:02 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Multibomber:
Stanford 49ers

We gonna win the pac 10.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
RT @sf_game what about Ray Brown? > He was O-line assistant last year. Right now, in limbo and encouraged to pursue other opportunities.

Good luck Ray!

It's hard to imagine Solari working under an OL coach who's never coached a day in the NFL . . .

It's prob the other way around. Drevno will eventually replace Solari if he decides to retire.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Good luck Ray!

It's prob the other way around. Drevno will eventually replace Solari if he decides to retire.

I would hope so.
They will probably work together
  • tac22
  • Veteran
I was really hoping we would keep Ray Brown ...I think he might have had a lot do with our Rookies on the line maturing so well.
I have only heard real good things about Drevno--I think it is an excellent hire---he and Solari will do a great tandem job.
maybe we should go back to the old uniform colors again cuz we are obviously the wrong shade of red....j/k im all for these coaches and our championship colors that i remember so well in two decades of dominince.we paid our dues now we have structure back in our orginization.if we get a franchise quarterback,a corner and a pass rusher sky's the limit and we will be contenders year in and year out and back to our old ways.lets get it! these last 8 years has been depressing and its over time to kick some ass
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Multibomber:
Stanford 49ers

We gonna win the pac 10.
Well at least we will be winning something. That's a start......baby steps.
Nothing wrong with raiding a staff that you worked with. Not to mention most of these guys are ex nfl coordinators and assistants. If Harbaugh was taking a bunch of guys who have never worked in the NFL I would be a little worried.

Also, I was trying to figure out if Drevno would be an assistant without the actual tittle or if one would be pass protection the other run protection? For all we know one is tackles the other is interior lineman.

• GORO
  • Veteran
When I was watching the Orange bowl in the second half I was really impressed with the Offensive Line dominating Virginia tech. I said we gotta have an OL coach like that.

This is a good move to pair this guy with Solari and see what kind of magic can be done.
Share 49ersWebzone