LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 183 users in the forums

UPDATED: I met Jim Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I also met Jim Harbaugh in the Summer of 1996.
I was working at the Indianpolis International Airport as a screener prior to TSA. It was funny because we had a mandatory random check of every 5th passenger. It just so happened that the whole Colts team was flying for a preseason game.

When Harbaugh came walking through, I looked at my supervisor and he nodded yes, implying that Jimmy's bag needed to be check, I was like "holy F*#K, are you kidding me?" My boss kept nodding. So i go up to the man and say "Sorry sir, I know who you are, but it's a policy that we randomly check every other fifth person." He kinda looked at me, smiled and said "no problem, go ahead." Man, I didn't even look in his bag, just kinda felt around and sent him on his way. It was so embarassing, cause everyone was looking at me (harrassing Jimmy)..

After that, I looked at my boss and he kinda just laughed at me.. Oh well, that's my story.
Originally posted by smifunk:
"What are you working for TMZ?"

Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by footballfreak49:
I was starstruck! I messed up

Haha it's all good man. Pretty cool that you met him.

It's all good...don't trip...Harbaugh seems to be really down to earth...So far I like what i've seen from the guy...
Originally posted by Crazy9ers:
I was working at the Indianpolis International Airport as a screener prior to TSA. It was funny because we had a mandatory random check of every 5th passenger. It just so happened that the whole Colts team was flying for a preseason game.

When Harbaugh came walking through, I looked at my supervisor and he nodded yes, implying that Jimmy's bag needed to be check, I was like "holy F*#K, are you kidding me?" My boss kept nodding. So i go up to the man and say "Sorry sir, I know who you are, but it's a policy that we randomly check every other fifth person." He kinda looked at me, smiled and said "no problem, go ahead." Man, I didn't even look in his bag, just kinda felt around and sent him on his way. It was so embarassing, cause everyone was looking at me (harrassing Jimmy)..

After that, I looked at my boss and he kinda just laughed at me.. Oh well, that's my story.

Dude, you are a deuchebag! Who checks our future-to-be coach's bag!

Thanks for sharing. Cool story.
I want to hear his opinion on the Walker and Vernon and how he thinks they can be used.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Sorry I took so long. I was at a Willie Nelson concert at the Fillmore.

Yeah you did mess up

Wouldn't it be easier to say every 10th person?

Don't lie, you know you probe searched him...and liked it.
sorry sir, every 5 nfl qb's that come through have to get a cavity search....

HAHA..No seriously..it's actually hard to believe that 5th person, random check policy..I still have freaken flash backs from that.. You can't imagine how many people say the same things to me...

Anyways, he was a really nice about it

HAHA..No seriously..it's actually hard to believe that 5th person, random check policy..I still have freaken flash backs from that.. You can't imagine how many people say the same things to me...

Anyways, he was a really nice about it

Right? Thank god security is more careful now, random checking every 2nd person
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Paul:
"Loved you in Chicago" lol Harbaugh was a pretty average NFL qb. Awesome vid though man I'm jealous

may have been but he had some special fire to him. Watch this final drive vs Pitt he was so close to making it to SB XXX.

His first play: he rolls right because his o line couldn't block and threw the ball away.

Hopefully he won't bring Alex back based on empathy.

Sorry I took so long. I was at a Willie Nelson concert at the Fillmore.

Willie smokes excellent weed...
Share 49ersWebzone