There are 237 users in the forums

John Becker Hired as Senior Personnel Advisor

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
I guess Lombardi's out of the picture... From MM's most recent Q&A:
Quote:
Question: Would Michael Lombardi be a candidate for the senior football advisor? @tverdun
My response: No. New general manager Trent Baalke will make that call, and a source told me he is not considering Lombardi. Baalke is said to be eyeing an experienced executive. I do not know whom the 49ers have targeted. But somebody along the lines of Floyd Reese, who works as an advisor with the New England Patriots, would be a solid addition.
LINK

Good. That guy backstabbed the 49ers and had his goons type up nasty articles about us. We don't need any type of a*****e like that on our team. You don't just blow up a team like that.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Hoping they look at a Floyd Reese or re-consider Lombardi for this position.

Floyd Reese!!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
I guess Lombardi's out of the picture... From MM's most recent Q&A:
Quote:
Question: Would Michael Lombardi be a candidate for the senior football advisor? @tverdun
My response: No. New general manager Trent Baalke will make that call, and a source told me he is not considering Lombardi. Baalke is said to be eyeing an experienced executive. I do not know whom the 49ers have targeted. But somebody along the lines of Floyd Reese, who works as an advisor with the New England Patriots, would be a solid addition.
LINK

Haha... Lombardi got pwnt.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who was our previous Senior Football Advisor? Baalke? or did we even have one?

It depends on who you ask. Singletary will tell you God was the Senior Football Advisor. Jed will tell you his Uncle Eddie.

You know what? This would be a good move for Jed. It would tell the fans that he wants to win. Most of the fan base dislikes the Yorks and adores Eddie Debartalo. Want to get fan support back in a hurry? Follow the recipe of one Jim Harbaugh and add Uncle Eddie, and you have instant majority fan approval.

Ticket sales increase and so does the support for the new stadium!

I like it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think Lombardi would make a lateral move from the Patriots to us. IMO.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Of course you mean Reese . . . depends on the job title and the $$$ offered . . . maybe he wants a new challenge? Probably wishful thinking, but I hope we inquire.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

It depends on who you ask. Singletary will tell you God was the Senior Football Advisor. Jed will tell you his Uncle Eddie.

You know what? This would be a good move for Jed. It would tell the fans that he wants to win. Most of the fan base dislikes the Yorks and adores Eddie Debartalo. Want to get fan support back in a hurry? Follow the recipe of one Jim Harbaugh and add Uncle Eddie, and you have instant majority fan approval.

I like it.

What about Carmen Policy. The guy was terrible with the Browns, but not too bad with us. Sort of go between Eddie and McVay & Walsh. He could be in the same role for Jed and Baalke & Harbaugh

Just don't let him touch any player personnel decision.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 17, 2011 at 7:32 AM ]
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

I like it.

What about Carmen Policy. The guy was terrible with the Browns, but not too bad with us. Sort of go between Eddie and McVay & Walsh. He could be in the same role for Jed and Baalke & Harbaugh

I sense friction between the Yorks and Carmen. He's been working in support of the Lennar/Hunters Point stadium development on the side while tending to his winery in Napa. He's been out of the game too long.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Of course you mean Reese . . . depends on the job title and the $$$ offered . . . maybe he wants a new challenge? Probably wishful thinking, but I hope we inquire.

It would definitely be a CHALLENGE. Right now this franchise has regained some credibility with the Harbaugh hire but the rest of it is a GREAT challenge.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I have no experience in the league but back in the day I was one hell of Madden player. I think Im perfect for the job.

Originally posted by susweel:
I have no experience in the league but back in the day I was one hell of Madden player. I think Im perfect for the job.

Dude, I can help out too. Not only Madden but I also have the experience in the NFL Fever games for XBOX. Let's do this!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

It would definitely be a CHALLENGE. Right now this franchise has regained some credibility with the Harbaugh hire but the rest of it is a GREAT challenge.

“I accept this competitive challenge willingly.”

I think it will end up being one of the candidates that Jed interviewed for the GM job. Fake or not, I believe Jed did have a reason for conducting the search... and this is it.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Just a hunch, but I don't see this position being filled until after the draft.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
My guess is the Niners will hire a psychic with a ouji board to contact Bill Walsh....

Curse my inability to want to learn how to photoshop:

*pictures an image of Raye in gypsy drag with a black mustache and a crystal ball with an image of Simpletary in it*
Share 49ersWebzone