LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 262 users in the forums

New Coach Preference

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Coach Preference

If you are the new GM, what style would you want your new coach to implement given your talent right now?
  • Otter
  • Veteran
I want an Air Coryell like digit system with a 3-3-5 big sub defensive package.
how about the 5-2 Defense

Lawson-Soap-Franklin-RayMac-Smith

Willis-Bowman

I picked West Coast offense, and 4-3 D. Harbaugh runs a WCO and he's who I want as HC. As for the 4-3, I believe our team has been building for a 3-4 for years, and it still isn't successful. We are made of of 4-3 players. Unless we can get a successful 3-4 DC in here, (ex.Wade Phillips). I just see us being smarter to go back to the 4-3.
Originally posted by Otter:
I want an Air Coryell like digit system with a 3-3-5 big sub defensive package.

I prefer west coast and passing offense. I want to attack until 4th quarter with the lead. Then run, run and run. Defense I prefer 4-3, Willis in the middle of course. I will need DEs and DBs depth.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Willis-Bowman

Lawson and Franklin are FAs. But passing team will kill us with this D.
Why does everyone think that by switching back to a WC offense, that this team will thrive?

But I definitely want a humble coach and don't talk a lot of craft about "we're going to do this and that and this" stuff and making stupid prediction. I just want him to work hard in practice in his Xs and Os, eliminating mental stupid mistakes and figuring out his team's strenghts and weaknesses are. But definitelly, humble outside but determine inside.
WCO!!
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:

Willis-Bowman

its a joke it would only work for maybe 3rd and 1 situations

Originally posted by kidash:
Why does everyone think that by switching back to a WC offense, that this team will thrive?

This has become a passing league. The curent NFL rules favor the passing offense. Why not exploit that. The 49ers Vernon and Crabtree already, just need a smart and effecient QB and an strategy/innovative coach. So, why run when the NFL wants you to pass.

Willis-Bowman

What passing team......or even average passing team, doesn't kill us already?
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Willis-Bowman

What passing team......or even average passing team, doesn't kill us already?
Correction, this will kill us even more. But the point is, this is now a passing league, its a lot easier to put more pressure on QB with 4 linemen and drop 7.
One that wins. A lot.
Really, offensive minded is the ideal. This NFL league encourage high scoring with its rule. We need to pass more than freaking run. Otherwise we will be doing this again in two years.
Share 49ersWebzone