LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Clearly you all want Alex gone but who is next...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Franklin and Goldson are gone.
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Other then Willis and Vd they can all f off.

You would dump a healthy Gore?

i would, trade bait

Yah why not, its time for some new play makers. The bell cow has been maxed out.

I'd trade Gore to the Patriots. We wasted his career. The least we can do is let him have a legit chance at a championship.

Ok Jk...Gore stays.

The question is what will happen with Westbrook? I hope he stays and we use him properly. But he might be burnt about this year.
  • Jiks
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Jiks.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
All of these guys.

Troy Smith
David Carr
Moran Norris
Chilo Rachal
Aubrayo Franklin
Parys Haralson
Dashon Goldson
Nate Clements
Tarell Brown
Will James

Aubrayo? He's probably gone anyways unless we franchise him again. But really I don't think he's that bad of a player. I wouldn't mind having him back. The rest I can agree with. I'm thinking we let Dashon walk.
Heitmann -- he was good for a while, but now he's got a broken left leg, right leg, and neck injury on his record here. It's time to upgrade.

Rachal -- I can't count how many times Chilo just looks bewildered out there, as if he has no clue what to do. Sometimes he really does just do nothing, and lets linemen run free at the QB. We cannot afford to have a new franchise QB with torn shoulders again.

Sims -- too old, it's over.

Norris -- see above.

Baas -- Two horrific, costly snaps this season; one for a safety, one into the dirt for a huge loss at a critical point in the game. Add concussion after concussion among other injuries, and it's time he leaves.

Clements -- Where the frick did your instincts go? When your safety is setting up to make a pick, why the EFF would you smash into the receiver like a straight-up imbecile? You never look back for the ball, you play 10-15 yards off of players far slower than you. Double moves beat you 99% of the time. You're entering your 12th season. It's time to go.

Goldson -- You can hit, but you can't cover, and when you miss.. you miss bad. We can't have that.

Haralson -- You should be traded to a 4-3 team. You're better just rushing off the edge for the brief burst you have. After that, you can't even run down a fullback. If you can, you'll just whiff on the tackle.

Carr - You suck. Nothing more needs to be said.

That's about right as far as a list.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Nate Clements is a good corner, just not a number 1. He is a beast against the run.

I agree, he's a great tackler and is very good in run support. He's just way to over aggressive at times, but I believe with a little discipline and good coaching he could be pretty good.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

i would, trade bait

Gore and our #1 for Carolina's #1.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

nah i like iupati and staley

Agreed. There are a handful of players that I would be upset at if they were let go. Among the ones you named above, I would be pissed if we let go of Lawson. I think that guy is gamer.

Oh, and to answer OP initial question, it is undoubtably Clements. He is awful.
Craptree
  • dj43
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Heitmann -- he was good for a while, but now he's got a broken left leg, right leg, and neck injury on his record here. It's time to upgrade.

Rachal -- I can't count how many times Chilo just looks bewildered out there, as if he has no clue what to do. Sometimes he really does just do nothing, and lets linemen run free at the QB. We cannot afford to have a new franchise QB with torn shoulders again.

Sims -- too old, it's over.

Norris -- see above.

Baas -- Two horrific, costly snaps this season; one for a safety, one into the dirt for a huge loss at a critical point in the game. Add concussion after concussion among other injuries, and it's time he leaves.

Clements -- Where the frick did your instincts go? When your safety is setting up to make a pick, why the EFF would you smash into the receiver like a straight-up imbecile? You never look back for the ball, you play 10-15 yards off of players far slower than you. Double moves beat you 99% of the time. You're entering your 12th season. It's time to go.

Goldson -- You can hit, but you can't cover, and when you miss.. you miss bad. We can't have that.

Haralson -- You should be traded to a 4-3 team. You're better just rushing off the edge for the brief burst you have. After that, you can't even run down a fullback. If you can, you'll just whiff on the tackle.

Carr - You suck. Nothing more needs to be said.

That's about right as far as a list.
I agree with all of these, but with one caveat: I would like to see what Rachal can do in a zone blocking scheme. That will be up to the new HC but I believe a better offensive scheme and better coaching could save this draft pick. Keep him around for TC and let the chips fall where they may.

Haralson is why the McCloughan strategy of drafting 'tweeners rarely works. PH had good pass rushing instincts but was considered too light to play DE in a 3-4. So either go 4-3 or don't draft him.

Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
All of these guys.

Troy Smith
David Carr
Moran Norris
Chilo Rachal
Aubrayo Franklin
Parys Haralson
Dashon Goldson
Nate Clements
Tarell Brown
Will James

I agree with all of these except Nate Clements. I want to see what he can do at the FS position.
We have some guys who need to be gone. But we don't need a complete rebuild. There is talent here. We just have horrific coaching and have been coached way down. A legitimate coach could get a lot more out of this crew.
Parys and Manny Lawson!!!!!
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I am curious how Nate would do as a safety. If they keep him at CB, he can go. He makes too many costly mistakes...

Next would be Rachal, Carr, Goldson, Haralson, and probably a few more...

I'm not. Clements just needs to go. Aside from his tackling ability, he is a liability in just about every other aspect. He's too overly aggressive and now has a tendency to make bone-head plays. To add, he doesn't seem to have the ball skills that he used to have.

There is no part of me that wants to see Clements as a safety.

-9fA
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Parys and Manny Lawson!!!!!

You're an idiot. Manny is one of our better players on defense.
Share 49ersWebzone