There are 228 users in the forums

So close....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by job2436:
Well, I'm guessing Sing read everyone's "let's lose posts" and decided to take the advice. Starting Troy Smith on Sunday, what a joke, now the offense will look like Minnesota's on Monday night. And the announcers confirmed that Joe Webb had no knowledge of the offense, just like Troy, at least with Alex we'd have a chance. Well, it was a hell of a season and a nice thought to know we were so close to making the playoffs. Congrats to all you negative a$$h0l3s, u got your wish.

sing benching alex smith for troy smith is like sing benching ryan leaf for akili smith.

Like choosing a $hit sandwich over a diarrhea shake. Like choosing to be circumcised with a butter knife over a rusty screwdriver. Like choosing aids over cancer. Like choosing death by stoning over death by drowning. I could go on......
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
Well, I'm guessing Sing read everyone's "let's lose posts" and decided to take the advice. Starting Troy Smith on Sunday, what a joke, now the offense will look like Minnesota's on Monday night. And the announcers confirmed that Joe Webb had no knowledge of the offense, just like Troy, at least with Alex we'd have a chance. Well, it was a hell of a season and a nice thought to know we were so close to making the playoffs. Congrats to all you negative a$$h0l3s, u got your wish.

sing benching alex smith for troy smith is like sing benching ryan leaf for akili smith.

Like choosing a $hit sandwich over a diarrhea shake. Like choosing to be circumcised with a butter knife over a rusty screwdriver. Like choosing aids over cancer. Like choosing death by stoning over death by drowning. I could go on......

damn dude.....I'm sorry both QBs pissed in your Cheerios.

take a deep breath, it's just a sports team you have zero control or influence on. go smell a flower or two.
Originally posted by boast:

damn dude.....I'm sorry both QBs pissed in your Cheerios.

take a deep breath, it's just a sports team you have zero control or influence on. go smell a flower or two.

Apology accepted.
It's the closest we've come to the playoffs is what I'm saying dumbass. And Alex is the better choice because he doesn't limit the play call

that's mean
Steve Spagnuolo schemed the defense that upset the Pats in the Super Bowl. The Pats beat the Giants in a shootout at the end of the regular season. My point is he's seen Troy Smith and he's way smarter than Singletary, the results could be disastrous. Singletary is outsmarting himself.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
It's the closest we've come to the playoffs is what I'm saying dumbass. And Alex is the better choice because he doesn't limit the play call

that's mean

Mean....and dumb....the closest we've been to the playoffs? What about last year? We missed the playoffs by one game....I'm surprised this thread made it thos long!
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Singletary is outsmarting himself.

I knew it. The universe is imploding...EVERYBODY PANIC!!!
Originally posted by bracus:

I agree with this comment 100 percent. Alex doesn't limit the playcall. Alex limits the play EXECUTION. If you think we fans are "negative" because this underachieving team is going to lose and lose and lose...you're mistaken. We're negative becvause they're going to WIN these last 2...and get into the playoffs. Only problem is this team has ZERO business being ANYWHERE near the P word. Getting humiliated in the first round by the giants or the buccaneers isn't something most fans are looking forward to. It would be easier to root them on to win these two games if it weren't going to cost us a high draft pick. Most of us realized a long time ago this team isn't a real playoff team. Its almost funny that by making the playoffs, we actually shoot ourselves in the "draft" foot. The season in a nutshell. Shooting ourselves in the foot...and it lasts all the way to the draft!

Think of college football. How p1ssed would you be if your team went undefeated and didn't make the BCS championship because they're like Boise State or TCU or something. How upset would all you guys be? Now think about a team with 9-10 wins not making the playoffs because the 7-9 Niners/Rams/Seahawks are in NFC West. Don't you think that's shetty? And not only that, you got a 10 win team that has to play on the road against the NFC West?

You can count on a change immediately after the season. They don't belong there. I don't think it's right a team that has earned a playoff spot won't be in there because of a technicality. Just imagine if you traded places with the fan of the team that won't make it, you would be upset as hell.

As a long time niner fan i remember back in '90 or '91 when steve young first took over for an injured montana and we entered the final game of the season at 9 and 6 as well as the bears at 9 and 6 and we were clearly over our growing pains with steve young and had hit our stride as one of the most deadly teams in football but we were destined to not make the playoffs because the saints had won our division so we treated the bears as our super bowl and beat them 52 to 10, i repeat 52 to 10 and we went home as clearly the best team in football only to watch the division winning bears host a home playoff game the next week at a mere 9 and 7 record. For me that sucked because a lesser team was going and we were not but I then realized the importance of winning your division. Now as for today every team has a chance to control their respective playoff fates by doing just that, winning their division but if they fail to do so, then they must battle for the wild card. It is a fair system over time maybe not on a year to year basis but over time every team sits home while lesser squads go simply because they didn't take care of their division business. I won't be feeling bad if some other teams don't go because bears fans didn't feel for us either.
Share 49ersWebzone