There are 208 users in the forums

Next year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I believe that by doing 3 simple things next year we can make the playoffs or at least have a pretty good shot. First off, it's fairly apparent that Sing and Alex will be gone after the season so with that said the first thing we do is hire Brian Billick. Billick is a superbowl winning coach and a member of the Bill Walsh coaching tree. He will be an instant upgrade in terms of coaching experience and adjustments on game day. The second thing we do is trade for Carson Palmer. Palmer still has at least 5 good years left and when he's on his game, he's a good quarterback. A change of scenery should bode well for him. Thirdly we draft a quarterback in the 1st round and let him sit for 2-3 years, pretty self explanatory. Anyways, I think by doing these 3 things we can get back to respectability fairly quickly. I would prefer new ownership but that won't happen so this is the best I can think of. Although, the Saints won the superbowl and the Cardinals almost won, and both those teams have terrible ownership so a chance at the superbowl isn't out of the question.
I should note though, that none of this will happen because Jed is a moron.
That's just about what we need to do. Not sure on the coach, but we must sign and draft a qb. NUMBER ONE NEED BY FAR, IS A NEW COACH.
1) Get A real HC
2) Get a real QB
3) Get a real CB
The word " NEXT YEAR " has become a more common word, i just dont use it anymore lol BUT ill use it one last time NEXT YEAR we'll be alot better I HOPE, i mean im pretty sure all of you guys are tired of using it, because we've been saying that word since after the 02 season.
  • ZRF80
1) Gruden

2) McNabb

3) good defensive coordinator

I think we have the right personnel in place. The defense isnt tops, but its not that bad either. Until the game got out of hand, we did a fairly decent job of keeping Rivers in check on the first few drives. The same can be said about Cassel (KC), Vick (Philly), and Rodgers (GB). It was only when our offense couldnt put up numbers that our D collapses. Fix the offense, and the defense can come through.

If we were winning games by a margin of 14-21 points, I would yhave no doubt that our defense could close out games. And if you look back at the few times that we've blown out teams these past 3 years, we've never given up a big lead.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
1) Gruden

2) McNabb

3) good defensive coordinator

I think we have the right personnel in place. The defense isnt tops, but its not that bad either. Until the game got out of hand, we did a fairly decent job of keeping Rivers in check on the first few drives. The same can be said about Cassel (KC), Vick (Philly), and Rodgers (GB). It was only when our offense couldnt put up numbers that our D collapses. Fix the offense, and the defense can come through.

If we were winning games by a margin of 14-21 points, I would yhave no doubt that our defense could close out games. And if you look back at the few times that we've blown out teams these past 3 years, we've never given up a big lead.

I agree with wanting to change personnel for points one, two, and three, but not the replacements. Unless we have a GM that can constantly feed Gruden great talent, I don't see us doing that well under him. As that defense in Tampa aged, that team went on a decline. I like McNabb, but I don't like his price tag. At defensive coordinator, there may be some good/great ones available, notably Wade Phillips and possibly John Fox and Marvin Lewis (my preference).
What the Niners need is a football person in a "President" role making personnel decisions, rather than Jed and his sidekick.
Originally posted by 49erfan27:
I should note though, that none of this will happen because Jed is a moron.

so true !
Sorry guys we don't need a HC , What we need a real good football GM for the team he will decide what we need !

not jed or whomever !

The Niners need to cut Alex Smith and David Carr. Promote Nate Davis and go the rest of the year with Nate and Troy Smith. Let it fly on offense, have some fun, the worst possible thing that could happen is the team will lose. If they lose, they could win by having a higher draft pick.

Sigh, another year of hoping to lose to have higher draft picks.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Actually we just need a WRECKING BALL.
Both Matt Millan and Deon Sanders both made crystal clear how pathetic our play calling was. This is a Sing catastrophy.

Jed needs a real football person not accountants to help get the right personnel in place.

Hell, the people posting here on the Zone have better ideas than anything he's put forth.
Share 49ersWebzone