There are 246 users in the forums

Our real losses begin in 2011

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Franchise Lawson.
Isn't Gore till 2012? They'll sign the s**t out of him if he isn't.
Sign Ginn to an extension.

Possibly Baas.

See ya later everyone else!

Fractured hip, bum knees, bum ankles, he's goin' to the glue factory after next season.

Originally posted by bracus:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Most retarded f**king thread ever

Retarded? Absolutely, but you guys are cutting 90% of the threads on the webzone WAY short.
Is that doggy college you go to? I would have written 'clown college,' but I think a clown would post something at least funny.
[ Edited by endcapitalism on Dec 11, 2010 at 8:27 PM ]
Originally posted by CollgeBoyWithaSS:
These are the players I really dont see us signing or keeping. Its a shame these guys have worked their butts off for us but there is definitley going to be teams willing to overspend on our guys and force us into rebuild mode

Alex Smith
Frank Gore- This one is going to be tough on all of us..
Ted Ginn
Brian Westbrook- Sing made him promises he couldnt fulfill
David Carr- What a waste of 3 million..
Troy Smith- Hes gonna find a gig somewhere now.
David Bass- Free agent markets going to be looking for decent centers.
Aubrayo Franklin- Hes gotten steadily better through the year, i dont see us wasting our tag on him again.
Manny Lawson- Right when he starts to develop his contract ends, he will be paid somewhere.
Takeo Spikes- It was a good three years.
Nate Clements- The money stops pouring down to him.
Dashon Goldson- He still wants the money and hasnt shown he deserves it.

After losing such great players, i dont see us coming close to contention for a good 3 years... Thoughts?

Smith sucks
Gore is signed through next year maybe even the year after, DEF not a FA this year
Ginn is very overrated, no1 will overspend for him, we want him, we got him
Westbrook sucks i agree, maybe a new HC will want him, some respect and a million or 2 would retain him though
Carr/T.Smith suck anyway, offensive HC should get his own QB(s)
Baas just above average C right now if you ask me, yawn no1 will overspend for him either, we want him we got him
Lawson good OLB but if he gets a huge deal we would be better served letting him go anyway.
Franklin he's on the wrong side of 30, if he wants a ton of $$ let him go. Although I see him coming back on a franchise deal, no more than 3 years
Spikes will be back, he's too old to get a bunch of $ elsewhere, Bowman didn't impress I think Spikes might be in a position to get a 2yr deal from the 9ers
Goldston overrated, low risk deal no more than 3 years or let him walk
Clements I love Nate I really do but at what $8M/year going fwd if he doesn't re-structure, let him go and draft a 1st round CB
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k em all, let them walk.

We need some winners, we need players who know how to win. These current players no nothing about winning because all they have known is losing.

Exactly. I'm not going to shed a single tear to watch any current 49er walk. They're just a reminder of some truly terrible years.

Not many players were left from the 1978 disaster of a 2-14 season after Walsh had completely transformed the roster by 1981.

Know what? I didn't miss any of them.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k em all, let them walk.

We need some winners, we need players who know how to win. These current players no nothing about winning because all they have known is losing.

Exactly. I'm not going to shed a single tear to watch any current 49er walk. They're just a reminder of some truly terrible years.

Not many players were left from the 1978 disaster of a 2-14 season after Walsh had completely transformed the roster by 1981.

Know what? I didn't miss any of them.

Cant say I'm nearly old enough to remember that but I agree. If its a complete overhaul and we're winners then I dont feel a strong connection with any current player. It'd be great to see Gore and Willis and Davis win as SF but whatever it takes to make this franchise relevant again
Share 49ersWebzone