Who's with Alex Smith as our quarterback this year and 2011

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's with Alex Smith as our quarterback this year and 2011

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Janitor:
The fact that so many people think Alex should stay shows just how long it's been since we've had a good QB. People honestly don't remember what it looks like anymore.

What manure.

The fact that people think Alex should stay shows that people understand all the issues.

The fact that the mules that won't budge from the notion that Alex has to leave shows that they are closed minded and not worthy of holding a conversation with for longer than necessary.

Let's put it this way...

we get that you're tired of seeing our 1st overall not produce to your satisfaction. A lot of us feel the same way.

We get that you're ready for the "experiment" to end. Same here.

What you don't get is that the FA list is small.

What you don't get is that the lock out is more than likely GOING to happen. There is NO collective bargaining agreement in place. Effectively canceling the FA period. Players are stuck on their prospective Islands.

What you don't get is that there is NOT a Rookie in the Draft that we could get that is an immediate Starter. And another thing you don't get is that even if there were, it's in our best interests to bring them along slowly so we're not back here 3-6 years down the road.

Now get back on your high horse and take it down the road. I'm tired of reading closed minded drivel.

~Ceadder

The absolute lack of any intelligence in this post, coupled with the my knowledge that you are a lost cause and would probably have Smith over any other QB in the league, leads me to wonder if Alex is having a gay affair with you.

Refute what I've said then. If there is lack of intelligence in it you should EASILY be able to show people that I'm wrong.

Besides Favre tell me which Players will be FA at the end of the season that are better than Alex. Can we get them cheaper? And with the impending lockout will we be able to get them?

Rookies, you know the names so tell me which one can come in and start right away. Because that's what all the fools will want. It happened with Alex and look what happened there.

So refute it. Being that you're oh so much more intelligent than I am and NOT a lost cause you should be able to do so. Right?

~Ceadder

Refute what ? Is it even worth arguing whether or not Rivers is better than Smith ?

Dude, your football "insight" (or lack thereof) is a joke. If you're willing to admit that Smith is better than Rivers, you're in essence claiming that Smith belongs in the top 10 list.

Pathetic.....

Wow that's an awful lot of spin. Even coming from you ZRF80.

All I'm saying is that only reason anyone thinks Rivers is better is cause he's in a better position than Alex is. People thought Rivers was better than Brees. I know Smith did or he wouldn't have traded him to New Orleans.

Put Alex in Rivers situation with Norv(who as you know architected Alex's 2006 season) and it's a good bet that Alex does better than Rivers in San Diego.

I'll put my knowledge up against your knowledge any day of the year. Only reason you trash mine is cause it doesn't fit in your skewed grasp of reality.

~Ceadder
The fact that so many people think Alex should stay shows just how long it's been since we've had a good QB. People honestly don't remember what it looks like anymore.

What manure.

The fact that people think Alex should stay shows that people understand all the issues.

The fact that the mules that won't budge from the notion that Alex has to leave shows that they are closed minded and not worthy of holding a conversation with for longer than necessary.

Let's put it this way...

we get that you're tired of seeing our 1st overall not produce to your satisfaction. A lot of us feel the same way.

What you don't get is that the lock out is more than likely GOING to happen. There is NO collective bargaining agreement in place. Effectively canceling the FA period. Players are stuck on their prospective Islands.

What you don't get is that there is NOT a Rookie in the Draft that we could get that is an immediate Starter. And another thing you don't get is that even if there were, it's in our best interests to bring them along slowly so we're not back here 3-6 years down the road.

Now get back on your high horse and take it down the road. I'm tired of reading closed minded drivel.

~Ceadder

The absolute lack of any intelligence in this post, coupled with the my knowledge that you are a lost cause and would probably have Smith over any other QB in the league, leads me to wonder if Alex is having a gay affair with you.

Refute what I've said then. If there is lack of intelligence in it you should EASILY be able to show people that I'm wrong.

Besides Favre tell me which Players will be FA at the end of the season that are better than Alex. Can we get them cheaper? And with the impending lockout will we be able to get them?

Rookies, you know the names so tell me which one can come in and start right away. Because that's what all the fools will want. It happened with Alex and look what happened there.

So refute it. Being that you're oh so much more intelligent than I am and NOT a lost cause you should be able to do so. Right?

~Ceadder

Refute what ? Is it even worth arguing whether or not Rivers is better than Smith ?

Dude, your football "insight" (or lack thereof) is a joke. If you're willing to admit that Smith is better than Rivers, you're in essence claiming that Smith belongs in the top 10 list.

Pathetic.....

All I'm saying is that only reason anyone thinks Rivers is better is cause he's in a better position than Alex is. People thought Rivers was better than Brees. I know Smith did or he wouldn't have traded him to New Orleans.

Put Alex in Rivers situation with Norv(who as you know architected Alex's 2006 season) and it's a good bet that Alex does better than Rivers in San Diego.

I'll put my knowledge up against your knowledge any day of the year. Only reason you trash mine is cause it doesn't fit in your skewed grasp of reality.

~Ceadder

lulz
Originally posted by susweel:

That really says it all.

What manure.

Let's put it this way...

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Pathetic.....

~Ceadder

You are totally off your rocker dude. That statement right there that you made, convinces me you have no grasp on the game of football. Before that statement, I totally thought you knew what you were talking about.

Don't bother to "quote" me and try to explain yourself, because there is no explaination in this world that would ever convince me that if you put Alex in Rivers situation with Norv, it's a good bet that Alex does better than Rivers in San Diego.

Rivers has never ran around with the "scared puppy" look in his eye. He has been on pace with Manning and Brees and Brady, or has lead them in passing yards, and you think Smith could even hold Rivers Jockstrap???? And by the way, I can't stand Rivers cause I think he is an immature baby ever since he was rubbing his eyes at Cutler, however, he is a really good QB.
[ Edited by jeepzilla on Dec 12, 2010 at 7:02 PM ]
If he plays like today it's fine.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I'd like Alex as our #3
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'd like Alex as our #3

Even if you want to be the most biased observer he's clearly good enough to be a real good #2 in this league. LOL. It remains to be seen if he can be a solid 1. For the most part he hasn't been that so far. But at times has looked good. Today was a good game.
if we get to the playoffs and win a game then yes
Originally posted by jreff22:
if we get to the playoffs and win a game then yes
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'd like Alex as our #3

Even if you want to be the most biased observer he's clearly good enough to be a real good #2 in this league. LOL. It remains to be seen if he can be a solid 1. For the most part he hasn't been that so far. But at times has looked good. Today was a good game.

Remains to be seen if he can be a solid 1? Come on SD

He would be an ok option to go to if your #1 QB went down.

I'd like Alex as our #3

If he wins out, goes 8 - 8, wins the division, wins a playoff game at home then he may well be your QB for 2011. 7 years of Alex Smith...
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I'd like Alex as our #3

If he wins out, goes 8 - 8, wins the division, wins a playoff game at home then he may well be your QB for 2011. 7 years of Alex Smith...

Championship
Anyone who thinks that Smith could do better than Rivers in San Diego is crazy. Rivers is an elite QB. As accurate as they come. Putting Smith in a good system like SD won't cure his accuracy problems.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Anyone who thinks that Smith could do better than Rivers in San Diego is crazy. Rivers is an elite QB. As accurate as they come. Putting Smith in a good system like SD won't cure his accuracy problems.

Rivers is super elite. He's not only top 10. He's top 5.

1) Manning.
2) Brady.
3) Brees.
4) Rivers.

That's how high I would put him. He's absolutely outstanding. Strong arm, very accurate, clutch when you need, nerves don't get him and he's tall and big. He also is a hard worker and a team player and a good citizen. Just everything you want in a QB.

No QB on our roster is anywhere near the Rivers category.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
I'd like Alex as our #3

I think regardless of what happens he is auditioning for a job... if he plays well HE will probably want to be a free agent - collective bargaining agreement pending. I agree he would be a decent 2... but I would fully pursue a true number one. IF he pulls a Drew Brees (after the drafting of Rivers) that would be great... but I'm not holding my breath... It would make me feel better about that A.Smith jersey though...
Share 49ersWebzone