LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 161 users in the forums

Whats the point of going back to Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lets start crabtree he played qb his fresman year at tech or was it highschool
Originally posted by maximill15:
its really dumb that we are bring alex back in. We know what we have with him...NOTHING!

Troy is still developing and hasn't done anything to warrant benching! We need to continue to evaluate Troy for the rest of the season, and then go get a new qb via FA or Draft.

And neither did Hill. This is just another incredibly stupid move by our HC. It boggles the mind that he would bench two QBs that had WINNING RECORDS in favor of Alex. What the heck is it going to take for the coaching staff to admit Alex is not a good QB?!?!?!

I can't believe this is what my team has become.

LB
Originally posted by Reckless:
Anyone else really sad?

Yes, and very angry too!

LB
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Just like Troy's 3-2 record against inferior opponents(Denver, Arizona and St. Louis) is so impressive.

You jerk knees would start a Pee Wee QB if it meant keeping the dread QB Alex Smith off the field.

Some fans you are. Go find another team. We got along fine before you came here and we'll get along fine after you've abandoned ship.

~Ceadder

I'm OK with agreeing to disagree on the failed Alex Smith experiment. I still want them to win so don't tell me to go find another team.

I would not be surprised at all if Alex had a good game this weekend. He's done it before (well, not this yeah perhaps). But after watching his entire NFL career I also know it's only a matter of time before the Alex Smith suckage begins. There is no way in hell he can put together 4 good games in a row. I think he's only had 4 good games his entire career.

Starting him again is a joke, and a bad one at that.

LB
Originally posted by leebert81:
its really dumb that we are bring alex back in. We know what we have with him...NOTHING!

Troy is still developing and hasn't done anything to warrant benching! We need to continue to evaluate Troy for the rest of the season, and then go get a new qb via FA or Draft.

And neither did Hill. This is just another incredibly stupid move by our HC. It boggles the mind that he would bench two QBs that had WINNING RECORDS in favor of Alex. What the heck is it going to take for the coaching staff to admit Alex is not a good QB?!?!?!

LB

except for the fact that Troy Smith does not know the playbook and makes our already predictable offense even more predictable. Troy's limited playbook limits the amount of adjustments that Johnson can make during the game. Plus it's not like Troy is better than Alex to begin with.
Originally posted by backontop:

LB

except for the fact that Troy Smith does not know the playbook and makes our already predictable offense even more predictable. Troy's limited playbook limits the amount of adjustments that Johnson can make during the game. Plus it's not like Troy is better than Alex to begin with.

This seems to be a well accepted excuse here in the zone. I'm not buying it. Do you really think Troy only knows a handful of plays? They were running a much larger variety of play in Troy's first two games then they are now.

LB

LB

This seems to be a well accepted excuse here in the zone. I'm not buying it. Do you really think Troy only knows a handful of plays? They were running a much larger variety of play in Troy's first two games then they are now.

LB

Except for the fact that the "coaches" if that is what you want to call them have already stated multiple times that Troy does not know the entire playbook. Nice try though.

LB

LB

Except for the fact that the "coaches" if that is what you want to call them have already stated multiple times that Troy does not know the entire playbook. Nice try though.

And you are believing what the "coaches" are saying now?

LB
[ Edited by leebert81 on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:26 AM ]

LB

LB

LB

No, I'm believing what I have seen thus far out of Troy Smith.

LB

LB

LB

Any your eyes are lying to you when you watch Alex I suppose...

LB

LB

LB

LB

LB

any your eyes? I speak english can you speak english as well, it tends to make this communication thing a little bit easier. And sorry my eyes work just fine. Alex had a few bad moments but overall he wasn't playing as bad as you think. Then again you're probably a Smith hater and no matter what Smith does it will always be wrong. Now when it comes to Troy Smith my eyes are working just fine again. You see I'm not blinded by hatred for a player, so I can actually see what is going on. If you drop the hater shades you might be able to see that as well. You really should give it a try.

LB

LB

LB

LB

any your eyes? I speak english can you speak english as well, it tends to make this communication thing a little bit easier. And sorry my eyes work just fine. Alex had a few bad moments but overall he wasn't playing as bad as you think. Then again you're probably a Smith hater and no matter what Smith does it will always be wrong. Now when it comes to Troy Smith my eyes are working just fine again. You see I'm not blinded by hatred for a player, so I can actually see what is going on. If you drop the hater shades you might be able to see that as well. You really should give it a try.

LOL. Shoot me because I had a type-o! If you speak English as you claim you would know the word English should be capitalized...but I'm sure you knew that and were just testing me.

Simply because I can see what Alex lacks in QB talent does not make me a hater. I would like to see him be successful...somewhere else.

I expect Smith will probably play well this weekend, as he has on occasion, only to turn back into his normal inconsistent self. He will show enough for some to think he's turned the corner, yet again. He will deceive and pull some fans back onto his bandwagon only to let them down, again. I will not be fooled by him anymore.

LB

LB

LB

LB

LB

LOL. Shoot me because I had a type-o! If you speak English as you claim you would know the word English should be capitalized...but I'm sure you knew that and were just testing me.

Simply because I can see what Alex lacks in QB talent does not make me a hater. I would like to see him be successful...somewhere else.

I expect Smith will probably play well this weekend, as he has on occasion, only to turn back into his normal inconsistent self. He will show enough for some to think he's turned the corner, yet again. He will deceive and pull some fans back onto his bandwagon only to let them down, again. I will not be fooled by him anymore.

LB

Actually I was just to lazy to hit the shift key, being lazy is part of the American dream right? You seem to be assuming that I am oblivious to Alex Smith's faults when in reality I am probably the first person to point them out. I was also one of the first people to say that when Troy Smith took over as the starter he gave us the best chance to win. Well that has changed as Troy Smith has done nothing be digress each game. After Michael Johnson took over as the OC Alex Smith continued to progress as he always has(when not injured). So once again I say, Alex Smith gives the 49ers the best chance of winning. Will it remain that way? Who knows, but what I do know is that currently at this moment in time that man is Alex Smith.

LB

LB

LB

LB

LB

Actually I was just to lazy to hit the shift key, being lazy is part of the American dream right? You seem to be assuming that I am oblivious to Alex Smith's faults when in reality I am probably the first person to point them out. I was also one of the first people to say that when Troy Smith took over as the starter he gave us the best chance to win. Well that has changed as Troy Smith has done nothing be digress each game. After Michael Johnson took over as the OC Alex Smith continued to progress as he always has(when not injured). So once again I say, Alex Smith gives the 49ers the best chance of winning. Will it remain that way? Who knows, but what I do know is that currently at this moment in time that man is Alex Smith.

OK, I still want a W!

LB
Share 49ersWebzone