LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 185 users in the forums

Start Smith for the rest of the year! Start with a new QB next year!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
eff this thread
If we are considering putting Alex back in, we should just move Nate Davis up from the practice squad and see what he's got. We know what Alex, Troy, and David all bring. None of them are the answer. Lets see how Nate does.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
If we are considering putting Alex back in, we should just move Nate Davis up from the practice squad and see what he's got. We know what Alex, Troy, and David all bring. None of them are the answer. Lets see how Nate does.

But why would Sing do that, He is not gonna be here next year so why would he want to see What Nate Davis has to offer?
We already know what we got in Nate Davis, an unmotivated , over hyped college player that cannot even understand that he has to work to get on the field. Give it up already, he was a waste of a pick.
put alex in all he has to do is win 3 divisional games and we wrap up the division. It doesnt matter how we get in as long as were in the playoffs
u guys really wanna go to the playoffs?? REally???
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
u guys really wanna go to the playoffs?? REally???

I dont
I'm going to take the football out of this thread real quick...

Patient A: Diagnosed with cancer.

Patient A: Is told he has 10 weeks left to live

Patient A: Has a dream that he'll be cancer free but then get the gout

Patient A: Declared cancer free but possibly has another illness....

Does Patient A just hope the cancer comes back, or does he hope he doesn't have gout and gets to live out the rest of his days?

Why bring the cancer back fellas? Why I ask? So he can run the spread offense? That worked well the first time didn't it... you know... the Run, Run, Pass ... spread style offense....

Stupid.
why does no one want to be in the playoffs we have waited 7 years isnt anyone else tired of this?
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Let Alex Smith have his audition for a new team with the last remaining games by running his type of offense!
Some other team will fall in love and sign him

Then have Troy (if we even want to keep him), Nate Davis, and rookie QB fight it out for the starting job!

The OLine will improve and should be top notch by next year

WTF?

Why the hell would we let Smith audition for another team?
His contract is up this year. We know he is terrible already.
Why not use the time to develop somebody that might actually be on our roster next year?

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Alex does give us the best chance to win, why not just accept it!
Call it an audition or anything else! It doesn't matter! Alex knows the offense better then anyone else here!

I know a lot of you hate him just because what he is, but unless your in complete delusion and denial, your whilling to admit he is the best we got!

Singletary is gone unless we win a super bowl this year, which we all know won't happen. Before anyone starts trying to argue that, remember mooch!

Start Alex Smith

I have to agree, Alex gives us the best chance to win.

yea, he only won 1 game this season
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We already know what we got in Nate Davis, an unmotivated , over hyped college player that cannot even understand that he has to work to get on the field. Give it up already, he was a waste of a pick.

We already know what we got in Alex Smith...a ____________________________________________

I'll let others finish that...
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 6, 2010 at 5:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
It just doesn't matter. Potentially it would do use more harm than good.

If Alex won the last 4 games and got us into the play-offs, we could be stuck with Singletary.

If Alex loses it doesn't change anything.

If Alex splits it doesn't change anything.

I'm trying to see what positive thing could come out of this.

I'd be fine with that.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Does anyone know Alex Smith's win/loss as a starter for the niners?

0-0
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
It just doesn't matter. Potentially it would do use more harm than good.

If Alex won the last 4 games and got us into the play-offs, we could be stuck with Singletary.

If Alex loses it doesn't change anything.

If Alex splits it doesn't change anything.

I'm trying to see what positive thing could come out of this.

I'd be fine with that.

I wouldn't....he's the biggest reason that we're performing so badly imo.
Share 49ersWebzone