How so?
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Owners.

~ Hire stupid coaches.
~ Stick with stupid coaches.
~ Who stick with stupid coordinators that they picked.
~ Together stick with worthless players.
~ Can't get a stadium deal done to save their life.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Fans, hands down.

How so?

The majority of them can't properly analyze what happens in front of their own eyes.
Fans, hands down.

How so?

The majority of them can't properly analyze what happens in front of their own eyes.

Such as?
I can't blame Jed. Sing went on a hot streak to end the 2 seasons. We all pretty much wanted him back. He just doesn't trust anyone on our current staff to takeover mid-season. I expect him to make some noise with a new coach and new QB next season. It's not like John York is still running this place.
Originally posted by bracus:
I can't blame Jed. Sing went on a hot streak to end the 2 seasons. We all pretty much wanted him back. He just doesn't trust anyone on our current staff to takeover mid-season. I expect him to make some noise with a new coach and new QB next season. It's not like John York is still running this place.

Sure he is. Jed York is a frontman / faceman only. John is behind the scenes but in control.
Fans, hands down.

How so?

We Want Carr! We Want Carr! That was pretty bad.

But the coaches have taken stupidity to new levels this year.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bracus:

Sure he is. Jed York is a frontman / faceman only. John is behind the scenes but in control.
They are Yorks after all. Clueless.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by 190836:
Owners, Yorks are the worst owners of any pro team in the Bay Area now that Chris Cohan is out.

Bay Area? What about the entire NFL?

Buffalo might be close, but who else could be more incompetent on all levels??

Washington.

Point about being the "worst in the entire NFL" aside, although I voted for coaches (purely on the basis that we DO have good players and ownership under Jed hasn't had enough time for evaluation, but he's endorsed), I really think that we, as fans, act quite spoiled sometimes. Let's use a contemporary test group as an example: the Philadelphia Eagles. I really detest Eagles fans for the way they've treated Donovan McNabb since he was drafted: he's been a Pro Bowl quarterback, led the Eagles to the Superbowl, and the city hates him (even when he's not hurt). Good grief, what more could you possibly want out of the man? It's misunderstanding that I don't think I'll get over.

Now, let's look at the 49ers. Lots of us here are part of the winning tradition of the 80s and 90s, and even a few of us knew the pain of the 70s. Ok. It's entirely understandable and easy to demand change when it's not aligned with the traditions we're used to. However, calling for the heads of our coaches EVERY year, calling for EVERY player to be yanked or traded because of boneheaded plays is simply a sign of impatience. Yes, the 49ers of 2010 are not a good team. Yes, turnover will inevitably occur. But here on the WebZone, posts like "fk singletard i hate that fker" aren't helping. Seriously. It's great that people can voice their opinion but in the long run an atmosphere of discontent and mistrust will just end up causing people to hate this team for no reason. Hate gets normalized, and once it's cool to hate, it's hard to shake the attitude.

I'm by no means trying to excuse the 49ers for their poor play. But saying that "everyone needs to go" when there are clearly elements of the team that we CAN and SHOULD build upon are paramount to success. I know that the coaches haven't done a good job of recognizing what we're good at, but as fans, we should do our best to recognize and praise that which has been good.

Fans, hands down.

How so?

Such as?

Fans, we keep paying for this s**t, and going to the games, and keeping hope alive.
And because you guys believe in troy smith.
Share 49ersWebzone