LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 244 users in the forums

Vernon Davis yelling at the QB coach after big TD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Same old Vernon, makes a big play... starts talking like he is the greatest of all time to our coaches and the other team and then drops a big ball.

Side note: nice job punting the ball away Singletary. Even worse job by the D to let them pick up 10 first downs on the drive.

Actually, let me restate this.... I know has grown a lot but I said to myself when he started talking to our coaches and then jawing it up with Clay Matthews that it's going to catch up to him in the long run. I know this team and have been around long enough to know that when he gets like that he loses focus. I said to myself when he was jawing with Matthews... back down Vernon, you are losing your focus and it will cost us a dropped ball or an int.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 5, 2010 at 3:00 PM ]
Same old Vernon, makes a big play... starts talking like he is the greatest of all time to our coaches and the other team and then drops a big ball.

Side note: nice job punting the ball away Singletary. Even worse job by the D to let them pick up 10 first downs on the drive.

Actually, let me restate this.... I know has grown a lot but I said to myself when he started talking to our coaches and then jawing it up with Clay Matthews that it's going to catch up to him in the long run. I know this team and have been around long enough to know that when he gets like that he loses focus. I said to myself when he was jawing with Matthews... back down Vernon, you are losing your focus and it will cost us a dropped ball or an int.

That was a huge drop.
Still you can put the ball in his hands and then count on him to get you chunks of yards or break one anytime. And I didn't even see his touchdown catch yet. (Its hard for me to stay tuned in because im aging quick watching the knuckleheads on the sidelines.)
yea the talked worked really well as he was used a blocker for most of the second half.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by wailers15:
dude he's an emotional player it was nothing

i'd liek to KNOW WHY THE HELL DOES THE WEBZONE REMOVE MY POSTS????? HATERS1!!!!!!!

It wasn't "nothing." It was the teams offensive captian frustrated at the Niners horrible game plan. He should be yelling at them. He is one of the most explosive players at his position and he sees the ball maybe 3 times in a game.

how bout 6 per game. had 66 targets coming in, in 11 games. Good enough for 8th in terms of targets.

Gonzo 7 per game
Gate 6.5 per game.

Same ball park!

That "Targeted" statistic is a bunch of crap. All it does is show how often the ball was put in the area of a receiver. It never reflects the result or conditions of each play. That pass Troy threw well over Vernon last week in the endzone is registered as a "Target"...but VD had no chance of catching the pass so can we really blame him for the 0 for 1Target/Rec. Stat? Whoever started this "Targeted" stat was not very bright. I honestly think the stat was created to over emphasize Terrell Owens' production when he was on Dallas (they made it a point to list the amount of times he was thrown to and how many times he actually caught it in order to sway public perception that he was overrated) but that's another conversation for another time..lol
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by Chief:
Because he is awesome and all of our coaches suck major dick.

He probably got miffed that Alex is on the Sidelines instead of in the game, because Alex averaged 6 looks a game in his direction Troy averages 2 or 3.

Honestly I don't know why we didn't go with Alex today if they don't trust Troy to throw the ball. Alex is just as mobile, has as good or better of an arm and had chemistry with Davis. The worst that could happen is that we lose... oh wait we did that didn't we.

~Ceadder
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SaksV:

i'd liek to KNOW WHY THE HELL DOES THE WEBZONE REMOVE MY POSTS????? HATERS1!!!!!!!

It wasn't "nothing." It was the teams offensive captian frustrated at the Niners horrible game plan. He should be yelling at them. He is one of the most explosive players at his position and he sees the ball maybe 3 times in a game.

how bout 6 per game. had 66 targets coming in, in 11 games. Good enough for 8th in terms of targets.

Gonzo 7 per game
Gate 6.5 per game.

Same ball park!

That "Targeted" statistic is a bunch of crap. All it does is show how often the ball was put in the area of a receiver. It never reflects the result or conditions of each play. That pass Troy threw well over Vernon last week in the endzone is registered as a "Target"...but VD had no chance of catching the pass so can we really blame him for the 0 for 1Target/Rec. Stat? Whoever started this "Targeted" stat was not very bright. I honestly think the stat was created to over emphasize Terrell Owens' production when he was on Dallas (they made it a point to list the amount of times he was thrown to and how many times he actually caught it in order to sway public perception that he was overrated) but that's another conversation for another time..lol

It can be skewed no doubt! but the quality of pass, result of play is nether here nor there when you're talking about someone not getting the ball enough.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SaksV:

Gonzo 7 per game
Gate 6.5 per game.

Same ball park!

It can be skewed no doubt! but the quality of pass, result of play is nether here nor there when you're talking about someone not getting the ball enough.

When trying to assess whether or not someone actually has a legitimate opportunity to "get" the ball, the quality of the pass is most definitely a critical factor in my humble opinion.
VD was saying, make sure mike sees this when he looks at the film.

Originally posted by Ceadderman:

He probably got miffed that Alex is on the Sidelines instead of in the game, because Alex averaged 6 looks a game in his direction Troy averages 2 or 3.

Honestly I don't know why we didn't go with Alex today if they don't trust Troy to throw the ball. Alex is just as mobile, has as good or better of an arm and had chemistry with Davis. The worst that could happen is that we lose... oh wait we did that didn't we.

~Ceadder

Alex? Who's Alex?
Our coaching staff is a complete joke and VD knows it, however, he respects Singletary way too much to go off on him too.

In a weird way, I hope that Singletary stays with the team in some non-coaching capacity. I think the players like him personally and he can teach them a lot emotionally, the problem is our coaching staff is a complete joke when it comes to the X's and O's.

Every game should start with VD and Walker getting the first touches...then Crabs...then the RB's. It is pure pride that Singletary won't change.

Gonzo 7 per game
Gate 6.5 per game.

Same ball park!

Stats be dam! It is obvious Davis is not involved nearly enough. It seems to me like D.Walker is involved in a lot more plays. Davis is in my opinion our ONLY legit big play threat. No one else can score from anywhere on the field like he can. Crabs, Morgan and Walker are all ok, but they are not really big play threats.

I can't really take you serious, because we all know you hate Davis. The guy is dangerous and needs to be targeted a lot more. If not, why pay him top TE money?

As far as your stats, I know that ATL is a complete offense with a lot of weapons. We dont have the same luxury. I'm not sure about Chargers, but that may be the reason they sucked in the beginning of the season.
  • Gabie
With his Texts last week, and now this. I'd say VD is not with the coaches plans at all and now is speaking out more than usual with his distaste for it.
To me, it looked like he was saying "See! That's why you throw me the ball!! Tell him!!!"

And personally, I agree with him. He has been horrifically underutilized this year.
Share 49ersWebzone