LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
As the poll currently stands, 35% of you people are a joke. Don't watch the team anymore, don't call yourselves 49ers fans.

Like.

I will never root for my team to lose. I don't care what the benefit is. Period! End of conversation. If they lose and benefit from it, fine, but I never want them to lose.
_

[ Edited by BayAreaNinersFan on Dec 1, 2010 at 07:17:34 ]
A TRUE fan will always want his team to win regardless of the outcome or consequences. It's true that sometimes I wish that we could draft better players but that's the nature of the beast.

I've been with this team since 1954 and win, lose or draw I've always rooted for them. Name me a player that thinks they should lose games in order to climb up in the draft and I'll show you a player who is NOT dedicated to his craft.

wanting to be rid of a Coach, a Player or an Office personnel is part of the game of wanting to be better, but NOT to purposely lose games which really DOES NOT guarantee anything in the future. Drafting new players is a CRAP shoot, that doesn't guarantee you a championship.

Just ask the New York Yankees!
It is pretty funny to hear all the deranged rants by the "true fans", the "real fans". The bottom line is the faster we get rid of Singletary, the better chance of success in the future.

I guess the "real fans" enjoy our mediocrity. I don't. Lose out, get rid of Singletary sooner rather than later, and let's build a winner with someone who knows what they are doing.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is pretty funny to hear all the deranged rants by the "true fans", the "real fans". The bottom line is the faster we get rid of Singletary, the better chance of success in the future.

I guess the "real fans" enjoy our mediocrity. I don't. Lose out, get rid of Singletary sooner rather than later, and let's build a winner with someone who knows what they are doing.

I said nothing about NOT wanting to get rid of Singletary ... THAT came out of your MOUTH. But to purposely WANT the team to tank the season in HOPES of a better team (which is NOT guaranteed) to me is being a FAIR weather fan.

So go find yourself a winner and root for them!

Sing is gonna be gone whether we finish the year on a winning streak or a losing streak. So using the excuse that you want them to lose so we can get rid of Sing is stupid.

We are not the worst team in the league so the first pick in the draft is out of the question, we are going to need to trade up to get it, with LUCK coming out this year its not going to happen.
Sometimes you have to pull your boat out of the water, scrape off the barnacles, wash out the stagnant water and fix the rudder. And you fire the captain who mistreated it so.

Sure, you lose a month of fishing, but you have a clean and modern boat that can be steered in the proper direction for many years to come. And you get a captain who can read charts and avoid charging straight ahead into storms and reefs.

Those who really love the old boat and want to see it sail for years to come will gladly sacrifice a little sailing around in meaningless circles in order to get it fixed.

It would be traitorous to not do so.
Winning and losing is a habit. If you allow yourself to lose you will condition yourself to accept losing which is f**king unacceptable.
Yes, after the 5th straight loss, and after hearing from the national media, local media, the team yep we are going to be a playoff contender, and I was drinking gallons of this Kool-Aide, that was it. I have seen the same show for the last 4 years plus. ENOUGH!!

I have been a niner fan for 40 plus years, Scott Bull, John Brodie, Steve Spurier, Joe Montana.... You get the picture. To see this proud franchise become a national joke is very hard. But what is whose is that the team is Irrelevant does it matter if we make the playoffs at 7 and 9 or 6 and 10, just more jokes, and Irrelevance.

NOW MAYBE, just MAYBE the ownership of this team will get people in this organization who have a plan and KNOW how a championship organization is run on the FOOTBALL OPERATIONS SIDE. I have faith in Jed and believe that he wants to see the team THRIVE. BUT the YORKS do not make changes unless it is painfully bad. and this is PAINFULLY BAD.

Originally posted by carlgo:
Sometimes you have to pull your boat out of the water, scrape off the barnacles, wash out the stagnant water and fix the rudder. And you fire the captain who mistreated it so.

Sure, you lose a month of fishing, but you have a clean and modern boat that can be steered in the proper direction for many years to come. And you get a captain who can read charts and avoid charging straight ahead into storms and reefs.

Those who really love the old boat and want to see it sail for years to come will gladly sacrifice a little sailing around in meaningless circles in order to get it fixed.

It would be traitorous to not do so.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Sing is gonna be gone whether we finish the year on a winning streak or a losing streak. So using the excuse that you want them to lose so we can get rid of Sing is stupid.

I can see Singletary getting an extra year, especially if the team finishes with a push and gets to 7-9 (I think this is unrealistic, but still possible). You obviously slept through the Nolan years, where he did just enough every year to survive. I want a heavy dosage of losses so immense, so public, so damning that we have no option but to dump him. Thus, the call to lose, lose often and lose ugly.

We wasted years on Nolan, we are wasting years on Singletary. Time to move on, and losses commence the process. Discontent, anger, and the call for people with torches on the front lawn of Niners corporate offices are needed, not a few feel good, worthless victories that only prolong the horror of this franchise.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:

I can see Singletary getting an extra year, especially if the team finishes with a push and gets to 7-9 (I think this is unrealistic, but still possible). You obviously slept through the Nolan years, where he did just enough every year to survive. I want a heavy dosage of losses so immense, so public, so damning that we have no option but to dump him. Thus, the call to lose, lose often and lose ugly.

We wasted years on Nolan, we are wasting years on Singletary. Time to move on, and losses commence the process. Discontent, anger, and the call for people with torches on the front lawn of Niners corporate offices are needed, not a few feel good, worthless victories that only prolong the horror of this franchise.

I agree the quicker we get rid of Sing the quicker we can rebound. I really believe in my heart if we finish 7-9 and some how get into the playoffs the Yorks will bring him back.

People we need to lose now, so we can win later.
  • Elric
  • Veteran
the truth

I was routing for a victory because we were still in the hunt but this game was the tetering point. If we had lost I would have routed to lose the rest of the games because we need a QB abd were not going to get a good one if were not in the top five.
I'm glad we won bring on the playoffs.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
As the poll currently stands, 35% of you people are a joke. Don't watch the team anymore, don't call yourselves 49ers fans.

Like.

I will never root for my team to lose. I don't care what the benefit is. Period! End of conversation. If they lose and benefit from it, fine, but I never want them to lose.

Exactly.
Share 49ersWebzone