LISTEN: 49ers Master The Later Rounds Of The Draft →

There are 135 users in the forums

Barbeiri Destroying singletary on NBC, VD didn't back up his HC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Singletary "prepared" all those guys. What don't you understand?

With an effective offense that isn't from the stone-age and a formidable game plan, we probably wouldn't have put ourselves in position for all that stuff to go wrong in the first place.

These are professionals. Do you think highly-paid Clements should blame Sing for not preparing him to slide once in FG range? TKO said it best, they get put into the position but they don't make plays in the pass defense. Tell me why it's Sing's fault for Shawnte getting spanked in Car. You don't think Sing had Adams catching punts before he muffed it against NO? You don't think he had Baas snapping the ball before that bad snap in the same game?

Sure it's his fault for the 2 blowouts, but watch the film and tell me again that it's the coaches fault for Pro Football players making Pop Warner mistakes. Did I mention the scoop and score in the PHI game?

Which part of my response did you not understand?

Read this very slowly:

If not for our Pop Warner game plans and offensive strategies from the mid-80s implemented by Singletary, this group of men probably wouldn't have been put in position for those things to happen.

Get it now? Probably not, but try. If you're not drinking the Kool-Aid, it's pretty simple to understand.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Singletary "prepared" all those guys. What don't you understand?

With an effective offense that isn't from the stone-age and a formidable game plan, we probably wouldn't have put ourselves in position for all that stuff to go wrong in the first place.

These are professionals. Do you think highly-paid Clements should blame Sing for not preparing him to slide once in FG range? TKO said it best, they get put into the position but they don't make plays in the pass defense. Tell me why it's Sing's fault for Shawnte getting spanked in Car. You don't think Sing had Adams catching punts before he muffed it against NO? You don't think he had Baas snapping the ball before that bad snap in the same game?

Sure it's his fault for the 2 blowouts, but watch the film and tell me again that it's the coaches fault for Pro Football players making Pop Warner mistakes. Did I mention the scoop and score in the PHI game?

Which part of my response did you not understand?

Read this very slowly:

If not for our Pop Warner game plans and offensive strategies from the mid-80s implemented by Singletary, this group of men probably wouldn't have been put in position for those things to happen.

Get it now? Probably not, but try. If you're not drinking the Kool-Aid, it's pretty simple to understand.
So let me get this straight, the players make these mistakes which could have won the game and it's the coaches fault. Yea it's Sing's fault and lets fire him because it's easy to find a coach who can run up the score like Oregon does in college. Tell me why don't you put down Rex Ryan. Look at most of his wins, all close. One stupid mistake like a fumble from an INT or a muffed punt or a free scoop and score from the QB and they lose those games. This is the NFL and unless you have a new innovative offense like Walsh or a video camera like Bellicheat, you can forget about running up the score on the league. Just get these pro players to stop making stupid mistakes and our record would match the Jets.
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Nov 11, 2010 at 11:24 AM ]
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
wow simply amazing lol......gotta love 49er fans

yeah its embarassing. I guarantee its not half as bad as thread starter acts like it is, but people are so giddy to see another grown man get insulted you have to wonder whats happenin in their world.

dude, he is coaching our team to a 2-6 record, probably en route to a 5-6 win season.

I dont want him to get insulted, i dont want him to get embarrassed, i dont want him to die, i dont want him to be sad, i just him to get fired so we can start winning games. That is it. how is this so hard to figure out?

I hope you're aware that if we an az win on sunday were only 1 gm bak
I hate singletary but I want to hurt Ralph. Maybe it is backwards but the day he chokes on his tongue I'll be happy. If there is a god, it will be on that crappy pizza.

Wasn't that long ago he was talking tough to Giants brass, look who the b***h is now
Originally posted by TheTruth:
I hate singletary but I want to hurt Ralph. Maybe it is backwards but the day he chokes on his tongue I'll be happy. If there is a god, it will be on that crappy pizza.

Wasn't that long ago he was talking tough to Giants brass, look who the b***h is now

so him being wrong there makes him wrong here too? the giants have not had issues anywhere near as bad as the niners have.
You all are just to young to understand Barbeiri, he comes from a time with most sports writers, radio and television announcers were fans not ex-jocks. Guys like you and I were the ones asking the questions, getting passionate about the teams and games they covered, just like we do in the webzone. In my opinion there are way to many ex-jocks in sports broadcasting to day, they lack passion and rarely ask tough questions. Old timers like the Razor, put people on the spot on purpose, make them answer questions you and I would ask. Relax and remember what he does and what all sports reporters do is entertainment, they know if you're angry, you're listening!

My dad was a sports writer in the 60's and 70's, I can remember him and a guy from the other local paper planning to rip each other in their columns, it was good for business. Stuff like you tell everyone how great the niners coach is and I'll rip you for it! Then next day the other guy would rip him right back!
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
You all are just to young to understand Barbeiri, he comes from a time with most sports writers, radio and television announcers were fans not ex-jocks. Guys like you and I were the ones asking the questions, getting passionate about the teams and games they covered, just like we do in the webzone. In my opinion there are way to many ex-jocks in sports broadcasting to day, they lack passion and rarely ask tough questions. Old timers like the Razor, put people on the spot on purpose, make them answer questions you and I would ask. Relax and remember what he does and what all sports reporters do is entertainment, they know if you're angry, you're listening!

My dad was a sports writer in the 60's and 70's, I can remember him and a guy from the other local paper planning to rip each other in their columns, it was good for business. Stuff like you tell everyone how great the niners coach is and I'll rip you for it! Then next day the other guy would rip him right back!

So when listening to football opinions, you want me to chose the all talk but no experience passionate guy over the experienced guy who doesn't ask tough questions because the answer should be common sense? Do you know how different the game looks from on the playing field as compared to in the stands?

Your last sentence said it all, of course you would support "Razor" since your dad was just like him. Still though, Jalen Rose said it best to Skip Bayless,
Quote:
You can't determine what goes on in a foxhole if you've never been in a foxhole
F all the writters who try to follow skip bayless and f barbie for not ripping the sharks for them not advancing higher in the playloffs and f you pops Fo trying to be like both
Who the f**k is Ralph to call out sing. Sing has plenty of experience and is doing a great job with what he's got. f**k that guy. When we win 7 in a row Ralph will be sucking sings sweaty nut bag.

So when listening to football opinions, you want me to chose the all talk but no experience passionate guy over the experienced guy who doesn't ask tough questions because the answer should be common sense? Do you know how different the game looks from on the playing field as compared to in the stands?

Your last sentence said it all, of course you would support "Razor" since your dad was just like him. Still though, Jalen Rose said it best to Skip Bayless,
Quote:
You can't determine what goes on in a foxhole if you've never been in a foxhole

This is not war so your analogy is false.

Yes I would rather listen to someone who has spent his life learning about the game ask tough questions, rather than listen to some guy who spent his youth playing the game and refuses to ask tough questions.

I will admit that have a few Ex-jocks in the media is a good thing, great insight to player emotion, but something more than insight needed to have a good interview. In an interview if you really want to learn something other than the same old BS party line the team is putting out there, you have to put people on the spot, Ex-jocks rarely do that.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
good, i hope more people tear into this fool
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
F all the writters who try to follow skip bayless and f barbie for not ripping the sharks for them not advancing higher in the playloffs and f you pops Fo trying to be like both

the sharks went to the conference finals last year. sure everyone wanted the cup, but that's not a bad playoff run for any team.
If he says he respects him and so do his teammates, how is that not backing him up? Next thread.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
good, i hope more people tear into this fool

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

This is not war so your analogy is false.

Yes I would rather listen to someone who has spent his life learning about the game ask tough questions, rather than listen to some guy who spent his youth playing the game and refuses to ask tough questions.

I will admit that have a few Ex-jocks in the media is a good thing, great insight to player emotion, but something more than insight needed to have a good interview. In an interview if you really want to learn something other than the same old BS party line the team is putting out there, you have to put people on the spot, Ex-jocks rarely do that.
I guess the process of defending your dad made you dismiss the whole point. Look if Deion Sanders, Troy Aikman and this Razor guy was talking football, who would you believe? Does this Razor guy hold any football clinics? How about your dad? Ask Crabs who he went to as a mentor. Hell ask most of the star athletes who guided them to success and I guarantee you that non-playing reporters aren't even a thought.

The only non-playing people on that list would be coaches (who is in the foxhole with them) or parents.
Share 49ersWebzone