LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 162 users in the forums

Who are the 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are who they thought we were!
  • Jiks
I posted a thread about this about a week ago. Our identity is that of losers. We are losers. I believe only 2 players out of our starting lineups on both sides of the ball have ever been part of a winning organization. We quite frankly have no one on our team that knows how to win. P. Willis, VD, Gore, Crabtree, Spikes, Morgan, Staley, Baas, Norris, Singletary, and so on none of these players have ever had a succesful season in the nfl(well at their current positions). Thus we do not know how to win. Nobody has ever been there, that is why when games are close we faulter every time.
Let me look at the film, then I'll get back to you.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Correction. We AREN'T who we thought we were!
  • Veteran
Our beloved five time super bowl champions have been ruined by incompetence and greed of the york family.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

Lol
A team infected with the "loser bug" that caused awful results like the bengals of the 90's and early 2000 decades
a team that loses by the foot of the opposing team's kicker
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I just ask this because this team has NO identity... And it's been this way for years now. We talked about being physical with an 'F'.....but that has not materialized. The defense has been a sinking ship all year long. When did we get away from playing 9er football?? Part of it is coaching..trying to be something that we are not. Kind of like putting the square peg in the round hole. We need to get to back to who we were. Bring back the greatness.. I know..easier said than done... But one thing I know is we need an identity..

This sort of question has been rattling around in my head for a while now. We had an identity and it was great. Then we just sat back and watched Camelot rot and decay to the point were we let idiots like Nolan etc take over.

There are some football teams in this league that have an identity. You don't turn up in Pittsburgh and play prevent D. You don't go to Chicago and stop running the ball (Martz take note). Just as you don't take over the San Francisco 49ers and try and create smash mouth football. Whilst it may have only been a small period in our history the fact is the dynasty cemented our identity. The innovative offensive displays are our trademark. The WCO is our thing.

Why did it ever come to this. How low have we sunk?

What pisses me off even more is that we had a house once that developed the sharpest of coaching minds. Bill's tree is not just a good poster it is fact. THAT should have been our coaching map for the next 20 years.

null
[ Edited by anubis5 on Oct 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM ]
Good one Businessman, as USA Today's Sunday radio show mentioned two-three weeks ago, "The Niners have become clown college and Mike Singletary is the head clown."
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

i came in here to say this.
The team I'm ashamed of and embarrassed by every week.
Where are all these Giants fans coming from!?!?!?!?!?!
Share 49ersWebzone