LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 188 users in the forums

OFFICIAL 2011 Pro Bowl Ballot

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rulo
  • Veteran
No 49er derserves to go to the Probowl, not even Patrick Willis, he´s been average at best. Vernon has been good, but not pro bowl good, but that one has to be on the playcalling, and the constant QB switch....

The only player i think deserves to be on the probowl, is andy lee, just because the amount of work hes had, and the consistency he has shown.
This guy apparently thinks some 49ers belong on the Pro Bowl team. Link

Guys who they think should make the team:
Willis
Smith (Justin not Alice)
Franklin
Vernon

Guys who they feel comfortable about:
Iupati (nice job rook)
Spikes
Delanie (as a special teamer/coverage guy)

Some of you just look at records and automatically assume there's no talent on the team or no one is playing well.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Willis will still be in the pro bowl.

First of all, fan votes is only 1/3 of the total vote
Second, the NFC team will need more than 1 ILB for the whole game

Very true, almost forgot about that, the coach/player/owner votes make up the other 2/3rds of the voting 'bulk'.

Willis practically bares the most respect of any defensive player in the league (next to Ray Lewis), Urlacher is a stoic jerk, and he's only getting in this year cause 50% of America loves the Chicago Bears (they're the Dallas Cowboys of the mid-west).

ya, i don't think VD got the fan vote last year... that went to schianco (sp?) i believe....
Originally posted by Rulo:
No 49er derserves to go to the Probowl, not even Patrick Willis, he´s been average at best. Vernon has been good, but not pro bowl good, but that one has to be on the playcalling, and the constant QB switch....

The only player i think deserves to be on the probowl, is andy lee, just because the amount of work hes had, and the consistency he has shown.

good post - i agree with your willis comment, but i think arguments could be made either way about him going to the pro bowl this season (last few games may decide either way)
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giggidy:

good post - i agree with your willis comment, but i think arguments could be made either way about him going to the pro bowl this season (last few games may decide either way)

Vernon hasnt been propowl good? wtf?

he is tied for 3rd in the NFL among TE's for yards (w/ chris cooley who has 3 less td's than vd)

he is 3rd place for most yards per catch (among TE w/ 30+ receptions)

He has the 2nd longest reception

he is tied for 5th (2nd in NFC) in TDs

He has the 2nd most 20+ yard receptions and he is number 1 in the NFL with most 40+ yard receptions

Jason Witten is the only NFC TE that is playing better and its not by much

[ Edited by modninerfan on Dec 23, 2010 at 16:56:18 ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:

he is tied for 3rd in the NFL among TE's for yards (w/ chris cooley who has 3 less td's than vd)

He has the 2nd most 20+ yard receptions and he is number 1 in the NFL with most 40+ yard receptions

If the criteria you mentioned above is the official measure for what gets a TE into the probowl then my post was incorrect.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:

If the criteria you mentioned above is the official measure for what gets a TE into the probowl then my post was incorrect.

what else is there? Receptions, Yards, YAC, TD's, we all know he can block...
Share 49ersWebzone