LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 151 users in the forums

Is this the start of a turn around?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by MILFS:
No it's not the start of a turnaround. We have a billion problems on the offense.

THIS. We still have MAJOR issues on offense

I think it's safe to say the QB problem takes the back burner to our offensive line problem. Without a doubt. We could still have the worst o-line in the NFL. Maybe the Raiders they looked bad, too.

It's a combination of everything man.

Our o-line does look bad, but it's also due to the defense basically knowing whats coming each and every play, so they know where to key off on. Plus having a QB like Smith who is terrible under pressure means send the blitz and good things will happen.

If we had a competent QB and actual NFL quality game planning and play calling, I believe this line with this personnel (besides Chilo get him out please) would actually look much better.

Staley sucked it up today. He might as well had a open sign flashing on his chest
No it's not the start of a turnaround. We have a billion problems on the offense.

I think it's safe to say the QB problem takes the back burner to our offensive line problem. Without a doubt. We could still have the worst o-line in the NFL. Maybe the Raiders they looked bad, too.

Our o-line does look bad, but it's also due to the defense basically knowing whats coming each and every play, so they know where to key off on. Plus having a QB like Smith who is terrible under pressure means send the blitz and good things will happen.

If we had a competent QB and actual NFL quality game planning and play calling, I believe this line with this personnel (besides Chilo get him out please) would actually look much better.

I've never seen a QB get such a little amount of yards due to playcalling. Most QBs get a bunch of yards per game due to scheme alone, we get none. It's all forced.

And we can't even get close to having the right number of players on the field on special teams. And TO's for a 2 min drive? Nooo!

This may turn out to be the highlight of the season.

Wait!? How many Qbs are good under pressure? I thought that was the whole point of getting pressure on QBs. Our line doesn't do a good job of picking it up either.
need two points to make a line.
ok guys heres my take on this game it was a game of 2 halfs

first half our oline sucked bad and alotta jonnson calls were vanilla calls our defence gave up 6 points in first half yes they stopped them in the redzone but raiders got space down the wings which is our worste weakness on d but 1 man stopped them both times from getting threw taylor mays come the 2 min warning in first half they let alex free as usual yes that drive wasn't prettiest and alex made few bad throws but we got on board which set up the second half

second half we came out sloppy but didnt turn ball over and our def stepped up to stop raiders and got the ball back then we found a spark on our second drive of the half gore broke threw and i honestly think if he had run right at the space insteada zigzagging he was threw butr he took us to scoring range then came the bad call by the refs for intentional grounding which forced jonsson to call a play thats been open all game throw right up middle with just saftys to beat and alex threw a total bullet to crabtree and touchdown were ahead and basicly our d stopped them to a feildkick we get another touchdown thats 8 points ahead
but we can not get too ahead of ourself our d stood up and won us the game our offence wasn't terrific it did enough alex smith did enough to win us game but untill turnover by tko i was nervous wreck 8 points ahead is only 1 score and our d has let us down in last 5 games when it mattered was not a complete game but we played as a team that is a huge swing in momentum and if we can build on this we can move forward with momentum and easyer schedule
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

And we can't even get close to having the right number of players on the field on special teams. And TO's for a 2 min drive? Nooo!

That is a mystery how that happens. Every player should know his place on the special team's depth chart. If a special team's starter is injured on the previous play unless he is lying on the field in need of a stretcher, he should be coached to tell his back up to get on the field. Allowing the player to inform his back up eliminates any confusion and makes the process go quickly. There is NO reason to not have the correct amount of players on the field for special teams. This is something a person who hasn't played football might not understand. When I saw 9 players on the field for a field goal and 12 on the field to receive a punt I was shocked. That one falls on the coaching staff, kind of shows you how inept Dingletary and his cast of idiots are, they screw up crap that Jr High coaches should have down pat.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:

That is a mystery how that happens. Every player should know his place on the special team's depth chart. If a special team's starter is injured on the previous play unless he is lying on the field in need of a stretcher, he should be coached to tell his back up to get on the field. Allowing the player to inform his back up eliminates any confusion and makes the process go quickly. There is NO reason to not have the correct amount of players on the field for special teams. This is something a person who hasn't played football might not understand. When I saw 9 players on the field for a field goal and 12 on the field to receive a punt I was shocked. That one falls on the coaching staff, kind of shows you how inept Dingletary and his cast of idiots are, they screw up crap that Jr High coaches should have down pat.

Please tell me that didn't happen.
Originally posted by flow:
Originally posted by BobS:

Please tell me that didn't happen.

oh it indeed did happen. Called a TO for the 9 players on a FG and took a penalty for the 12.
Originally posted by binary2nd:

I've never seen a QB get such a little amount of yards due to playcalling. Most QBs get a bunch of yards per game due to scheme alone, we get none. It's all forced.

Thats only because most QBs in the NFL are actually NFL ready QBs.

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Smith didn't turn the ball over
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by binary2nd:

Thats only because most QBs in the NFL are actually NFL ready QBs.

or because most NFL QB's have an OLine that can block for longer than .000025 seconds.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
The remaining schedule:

at Carolina W
Denver L
St. Louis W
Tampa Bay W
at Arizona W
Green Bay L
Seattle W
at San Diego L
at St. Louis W
Arizona W

I'm glad we got our first win, yet, I'm cautiously optimistic.

If we can hold our losses to only 3 more games, we can go 8-8 and possibly have a shot at the division. But we HAVE to win the next 5 divisional games.

[ Edited by defenderDX on Oct 17, 2010 at 19:06:21 ]
Originally posted by NinerGod:
The remaining schedule:

at Carolina
Denver
St. Louis
Tampa Bay
at Arizona
Green Bay
Seattle
at San Diego
at St. Louis
Arizona

I'm glad we got our first win, yet, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I see a lot of w's on this schedule and 3 potential L's, that wouldput us at 8-8,and in position to make the playoffs if we run the table on our remaining division games. This is about as optimistic as i can get
If we get to 5-5, I will call it a turnaround... Until then, I will watch the games hoping for a win, but not expecting one...
Share 49ersWebzone