LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Rumors swirl that Jed is the rat (Article)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
an unnamed sorceror was spewing information about owners/upper management nibbling on each other's ____ like a rat does cheese!
  • cools
  • Veteran
this tells ya all ya need to know about this garbage strory

"It's pure speculation, but it's speculation that has popped up among the Bay Area's most esteemed 49ers beat writers since York fired off the infamous "We're going to win the division" text message to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

"Jed is letting everyone know he texts national writers," Lowell Cohn notes in the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. "That also lets us suspect he's done it before — i.e., he is a leak in his own organization. Is he The Rat?"

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Rumors-Swirl-that-Jed-York-is-the-Rat-104983784.html

New low for Cohn, what an idiot

[ Edited by cools on Oct 14, 2010 at 23:39:45 ]
Jed is not the rat. Sorry. He's the gate keeper. What he says goes. He doesn't have to run to the media and leak a story to get changes done. I bet the rat was the guy who was the relay between Raye and the QB last year.

Makes more sense to me.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
whats up with all this drama?

Good question. It seems the drama is a function of the management style within the organization.

I remember the same whispers and innuendo when McCloughan was fired. Apparently, we were being led to believe he had a drinking problem, or worse.

Due to conditions of the termination, no concrete info has or will come forth. All we have are 'rat whispers'.

Again, a the common thread seems to lead back to Jed and his close-knit circle of lackeys.
Originally posted by 9eridiot:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
whats up with all this drama?

Good question. It seems the drama is a function of the management style within the organization.

I remember the same whispers and innuendo when McCloughan was fired. Apparently, we were being led to believe he had a drinking problem, or worse.

Due to conditions of the termination, no concrete info has or will come forth. All we have are 'rat whispers'.

Again, a the common thread seems to lead back to Jed and his close-knit circle of lackeys.

Yes, cos Jed wants to drag his team down. That makes sense! Oh, wait...
Whoever it is, we need to stop referring to them as the rat. We need to stop doing this because it is a derogatory term and clearly, this person is trying to make our football team better.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

Nevermind, I thought that was Dennis Erickson

[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Oct 15, 2010 at 10:43:24 ]
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Nevermind, I thought that was Dennis Erickson

someone should have done that to erickson when he was learning how to coach with us

who is that??
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:

who is that??

Frank Beamer

Share 49ersWebzone