LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 142 users in the forums

If Singletary is gone after this season, are we giving up on him too fast?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ask yourself if Sing has shown any improvement this season. If anything he's regressing.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Ask yourself if Sing has shown any improvement this season. If anything he's regressing.

I don't think he has regressed.

I think other teams have made adjustments and he doesn't have the capability to match them in return.
Singletary had NEVER created and executed a practice schedule, or a game plan.

He had NEVER done these things on any level, not youth, not midgets, not pee wee, not frosh, not jv, not varsity, college or Jr. college!

Other coaches, guy like Reid, who may not have been hall of fame players, but were students of the game and worked hard at every level of football to get to where they are today must HATE that Singletary was handed this opportunity simply for being who he is! They must take special pleasure in beating him, in making him look foolish!

Real coaches play chess, mike can't even play checkers!

FIRE HIM. never should have hired him! Look at he resume!
Maybe it's unfair for me to do this, but I see him as an extension of the Nolan regime. That was a 5 year plan and by the end of the 5th year we were supposed to be Super Bowl contenders. Here we are in year 6 with no results.
Sometimes I wonder if he thinks that wearing a large cross outside your sweater will bring wins.
i bet he stays...
I think he has the IT that alot of successful coaches never have... with proper experience and learning the actual "coaching" and "football" stuff, I think he has the potential to be a winning coach. Just sucks that we are going to be used as a stepping stone.

The reality is, don't know if he will blossom, and if he does, how long will it take? We just can't wait around for that. We've been waiting too damn long.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
singletary is his own worst enemy and it doesn't look like he'll see that anytime soon.

yup. He especially pissed me off when he said "I talked to Johnson during the week and spoke to him about the importance of running the ball."

like motherf**ker?!? Why the f**k did we fire Raye then if its gonna be the same s**t you stupid stupid man.

Infuriating sh1t, isn't it? The man is an imbecile. That's why regardless of what happens, I want him gone.
Singletary has taken a page out of the St. Jude handbook and has become the NFL coaches version of the patron Saint of lost causes. This is both his strength and his weakness. On one hand he will get SOME underachievers to play up to their potential like Vernon, Soap, Brooks. He will get some players that nobody wants to be serviceable like S Hill, Abrayo, and Sims. But he will whiff on some players as well like Alex, Chilo, T. Brown, Davis, Bly, Lelie, and Balmer. Not to mention the players where the jury is still out on like Carr and Ginn.

Juxtapose his style to that of Belichick who trades his players away before he has to set himself up for the future.

The problem that he is facing is that we have a lot more rough than we do diamonds on this team which is combined with the fact that we don't have a diamond at QB and that will always translate into losses. Just ask Jeff Fisher how the QB play affects coaching. What was Tenn record last year after 6 games?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We could always bring him back as team chaplain.

Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
He will be a good coach one day.

maybe in the Singletary household
Let's hold onto him for eleven more insanity-filled years before he gets it.
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

I don't think he has regressed.

I think other teams have made adjustments and he doesn't have the capability to match them in return.

Yup. He didn't learn anything from last year. Last year opponents shut this team down until we moved to a more wide-open attack. This year, he spent the entire offseasong installing that Offense until he had to abandon it in three weeks, mainly because other teams had it figured out. He really hurt this team badly, he's more at fault than anybody else.

[ Edited by binary2nd on Oct 15, 2010 at 20:38:32 ]
He is in his second full year, and I have yet to see any improvement. This year seems to be a repeat of last year with close losses to good teams, then beating the easy teams. Although, this year he is gradually getting worse and seems to be losing grip of his coaching abilities...
Originally posted by SJniner7:
He is in his second full year, and I have yet to see any improvement. This year seems to be a repeat of last year with close losses to good teams, then beating the easy teams. Although, this year he is gradually getting worse and seems to be losing grip of his coaching abilities...

This year we lose to easy teams as well.
Share 49ersWebzone