LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 184 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Oakland Raiders)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by hofer36:
what was the ref thinking

to their credit, johnson came back aggressive to throw for the end zone right after, and smith and crabtree connected

still niners need to get the league to look at that one

I thought the safety was more obvious....

Why did Sing not challenge that safety? Seriously, I'm starting to despise Sing. F'n clueless.

Because he is a dumbass?
who cares we won.
Quote:
On the opening series of the second half, the 49ers had the ball for six plays, but went backward 9 yards due to a Staley holding penalty, Michael Crabtree's false start, and Smith's intentional grounding.

That's when Smith approached the offensive line at the end of the bench in hopes of getting the unit to settle down.

"He was challenging us, and we were challenging him, and Alex responded to all that," Staley said. "It was real positive. We were joking after the game, 'We should start yelling at each other more often.'"

Read more: Maiocco: Sideline Exchange Again Fuels 49ers' Offense
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

to their credit, johnson came back aggressive to throw for the end zone right after, and smith and crabtree connected

Why did Sing not challenge that safety? Seriously, I'm starting to despise Sing. F'n clueless.

same here, but I was loving Sing throwing a fit after that intentional grounding call.
If the Seahawks didn't look so impressive today, I'd feel even better about our win. And who cares about the refs, they're after us every week.
Originally posted by backontop:
Quote:
On the opening series of the second half, the 49ers had the ball for six plays, but went backward 9 yards due to a Staley holding penalty, Michael Crabtree's false start, and Smith's intentional grounding.

That's when Smith approached the offensive line at the end of the bench in hopes of getting the unit to settle down.

"He was challenging us, and we were challenging him, and Alex responded to all that," Staley said. "It was real positive. We were joking after the game, 'We should start yelling at each other more often.'"

Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Yet the line still played like s**t.

Move Staley back
Insert Simms and Heitman
Dump Chilo and Davis

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Quote:

Move Staley back
Insert Simms and Heitman
Dump Chilo and Davis

sooo you're saying go back to the OLine from last season?

Sims-Iupati(the only difference of course)-Heitman-Baas-Snyder
Originally posted by skynet907:

same here, but I was loving Sing throwing a fit after that intentional grounding call.

I was hoping he would figure out that it was 2nd and not 3rd like the idiotic ref thought. Not sure if Sing caught that, he may have just been complaining about the ridiculous call.
Quote:

Move Staley back
Insert Simms and Heitman
Dump Chilo and Davis

Keep Baas at C move Eric to G

Then yes

I like how Alex is starting to have words with players that screw up. He needs to take charge
Originally posted by Multibomber:
Originally posted by crazzyscotsman:
Originally posted by Multibomber:
The OL was worse. I didnt think the playcalling was bad, the execution was bad. Congrats to us for finally getting off the schnide!!

play-calling in first half was very vanilla but it set up the second half were the play-calling was far more imaginative and raiders struggled to handle this if wasn't for all the lost yards to penalty's coulda been more

plus or oline was still bad still rated d at best

smith had a good game mostly sept a few wild passes that were almost picked but his fighting attitude that is coming out lately is something hes showing new and i would rate his game a B

defence i would give a A minus or a b becouse there is still a gap down the wings for runners but taylor mays did his job and stoped first 2 runs from being touchdowns and defence stepped up to stop raiders in the redzone other than the weakness on wings defence did a awsum job so reason i give a A minus

You´re absolutely right. I would maintain that this is still the denfenses best game yet. THey didn´t cave when the moment got big, instead they got a turnover.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Please explain the context of this interview. WHat was he saying? I love VD!

I love VD too. Just not the itch that comes along with it.
Originally posted by AlexThief:
I like how Alex is starting to have words with players that screw up. He needs to take charge

I am glad he is starting to do that but I want him to take accountability as well when he makes a bad throw and say thats on me and come back and score
Originally posted by AlexThief:

Great point. I was glad to see him lay into the O Line and Morgan. I think he has been so beaten down that he hasn't wanted to stir the pot, now that he really understands his *ss is on the line he is going to be more vocal.
Quote:

Move Staley back
Insert Simms and Heitman
Dump Chilo and Davis

Keep Baas at C move Eric to G

Then yes

I'm down with that. I believe that G is Heitman's natural position anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone