LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 196 users in the forums

Mays a Situational Receiver?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After reading several articles about our W.R.'s not being able to get deep, which in turn allows the defense to play up in the box and stop Gore, any thoughts about putting Mays in with Ginn 3-5 times a game together to loosen up the D.B's? I have a feeling that Mays may be faster than Ginn and I'd bet he has better hands too, not that Ginn has rep for good hands anyway. Mays may be one of the fastest players in the NFL, it would nice to see him and Ginn put the fear of god into a defense. Of coarse the O-Line would to block longer for a longer pass, but....
WTF
LETS USE MANNY LAWSON ON OFFENSE TOO HES FAST AND TALL AND SUCKS AT DEFENSE
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
I have to admit the concentration on that blocked punt and getting his feet down in combination with his size, strength, and speed makes you wonder why is isnt a WR. But then again I never seen him try to cathces passes consistantly.
I'm sure Mays was considered for a WR position when he first got into college, due to his size and speed. However, after they saw he had hands of stone and wasn't very good at running crisp routes due to his stiff hips, they figured he would be better elsewhere.
Way to go, "Veteran"!

You're certainly not an idiot who is making us all dumber with your 1500+ posts.

No, you're not that...not at all!
Way to go, "Veteran"!

You're certainly not an idiot who is making us all dumber with your 1500+ posts.

No, you're not that...not at all!

(SO DUMB, I had to post twice!)
[ Edited by Blake_Fever on Oct 7, 2010 at 6:47 AM ]
Now this is just dumb.
Wait... I think he's onto something

GAAAAHHHHH

[img=
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
GAAAAHHHHH

Mays a rookie and he has enough on his plate learning the position hes in at the moment. to have him learn routs on offense is only gonna set him back a bit. I dont think it would be a good move.

Although I think I know where your coming from. Troy P. at the Steelers stepped up to the plate when a play needed to be made on a critical drive the Steelers were on. Im thinking it was the super bowl that Troy asked, cant be sure.
[ Edited by ace49ers on Oct 7, 2010 at 7:14 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone