LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 218 users in the forums

Montana & Young. The 2 best QBs on any 1 NFL team at the same time ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Montana & Young. The 2 best QBs on any 1 NFL team at the same time ever?

Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for ElDannMann.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
You forget that nobody ever and prolly will never have THE REAL REASON!!! lol

A great QB can turn a pretty good receiver into an elite receiver, a decent receiver to a pretty good receiver and a below-average receiver to a decent receiver. Look what Peyton Manning does with these guys nobody has heard of until they get to Indianapolis and Peyton puts their names on the map. Garcon? Collie? Really?

I'm not saying Joe and Steve made Rice, but they definitely helped.

Nor am I saying Rice made either one of them...

They all helped make each other

Hence football being a team sport.

You mean it's not the QB that causes every last single problem of a football team? :o
  • ZRF80
You forget that nobody ever and prolly will never have THE REAL REASON!!! lol

A great QB can turn a pretty good receiver into an elite receiver, a decent receiver to a pretty good receiver and a below-average receiver to a decent receiver. Look what Peyton Manning does with these guys nobody has heard of until they get to Indianapolis and Peyton puts their names on the map. Garcon? Collie? Really?

I'm not saying Joe and Steve made Rice, but they definitely helped.

Yeah, and dont forget what Alex Smith did to Bryant, Lloyd, Morgan, and Crabtree.

Oh....wait......
Montana/Young are the best QB tandem.

But interestingly, Bob Waterfield is in a second tandem combination. Waterfield was the Cleveland Rams QB in 1945 and led the Cleveland team to the NFL championship. The Cleveland team then headed out to LA. They were succeeded in Cleveland the next year by the Cleveland Browns with future Hall of Famer Otto Graham.

So Hall of Famer Waterfield was succeeded in the same city by Hall of Famer Graham.

As far as I can tell looking at the HOF's QB inductees there are no other QB tandems.
Share 49ersWebzone