LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 133 users in the forums

How Many Games MUST The Niners Win For Sing To Keep His Job?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How Many Games MUST The Niners Win For Sing To Keep His Job?

Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by servegmo:
if we don't win the division or at lest 10 games I say we bring Gruden or Harbaugh!!!

hell yeah!!! f**k 10 games, if we start winning because of Mike Johnson it just shows that singletary is only as good as his OC, that is complete bulls**t and proves singletary is useless. if we can win 10 games i would still can him and go after those two proven winning coaches who atleast know offense enough to stay consitent if/when an OC will leave us. we replaced holmgren for shanahan and didnt miss a beat in the 90's. we need a great coach with connections. singletary is not a great coach and has very limited connections.

Gruden yes, Harbaugh no, no first time Head coaches this time.

harbaugh has turned around every program hes been involved with and he has a knack for molding QBs and a very creative offensive mind not to mention his in your face attitude in calling out big time teams almost every year and executing. he took stanford from a pushover to a pac ten favorite and currently the 9th ranked team in the whole country and that will probably go up when they beat oregon this weekend. if we can get him and pick up Andrew Luck in the 1st round while the singletary express continues to get us a higher draft pick then i say go for it. his brother seems to be doing just fine in baltimore and i see Jim as being way more creative than the baltimore harbaugh.

He could be great. I'll not going to lie, I haven't' watched a single game of his (except for Luck highlights) but I just think it might be difficult for a first time HC to come from college and put together a good nfl staff and scouts he trusts ect. Mind you Pete Carrol already has a better coaching staff than us.

the harbaughs are a football family im sure they have some connections. his bro has a good staff in Baltimore. he may probably keep manusky if he will stay and call plays himself unless he finds a capable OC he can trust. s**t if we can get him and Luck they wont even have to learn a new system, Luck can come out gunslingin' from the get go.
if we don't win the division or at lest 10 games I say we bring Gruden or Harbaugh!!!

hell yeah!!! f**k 10 games, if we start winning because of Mike Johnson it just shows that singletary is only as good as his OC, that is complete bulls**t and proves singletary is useless. if we can win 10 games i would still can him and go after those two proven winning coaches who atleast know offense enough to stay consitent if/when an OC will leave us. we replaced holmgren for shanahan and didnt miss a beat in the 90's. we need a great coach with connections. singletary is not a great coach and has very limited connections.

harbaugh has turned around every program hes been involved with and he has a knack for molding QBs and a very creative offensive mind not to mention his in your face attitude in calling out big time teams almost every year and executing. he took stanford from a pushover to a pac ten favorite and currently the 9th ranked team in the whole country and that will probably go up when they beat oregon this weekend. if we can get him and pick up Andrew Luck in the 1st round while the singletary express continues to get us a higher draft pick then i say go for it. his brother seems to be doing just fine in baltimore and i see Jim as being way more creative than the baltimore harbaugh.

He could be great. I'll not going to lie, I haven't' watched a single game of his (except for Luck highlights) but I just think it might be difficult for a first time HC to come from college and put together a good nfl staff and scouts he trusts ect. Mind you Pete Carrol already has a better coaching staff than us.

the harbaughs are a football family im sure they have some connections. his bro has a good staff in Baltimore. he may probably keep manusky if he will stay and call plays himself unless he finds a capable OC he can trust. s**t if we can get him and Luck they wont even have to learn a new system, Luck can come out gunslingin' from the get go.

from what I have heard on Stanford games, Harbaugh has a NFL experience coaching staff and he also runs the 3-4, so I bet he either keeps Manusky or he bring the guys he is currently working with in Stanford...
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Playoffs or GTFO

from what I have heard on Stanford games, Harbaugh has a NFL experience coaching staff and he also runs the 3-4, so I bet he either keeps Manusky or he bring the guys he is currently working with in Stanford...

so there you go thanks for the assist brotha. he would be an instant upgrade over singletary and hes pretty fiery so we would see some of that rah rah stuff that singletary is pretty good with but actually have a guy who knows coaching. personally i think hes a better option than gruden.
playoffs
Ahh the days when it use to be Super Bowl or bust.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
eleventy five
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

so there you go thanks for the assist brotha. he would be an instant upgrade over singletary and hes pretty fiery so we would see some of that rah rah stuff that singletary is pretty good with but actually have a guy who knows coaching. personally i think hes a better option than gruden.

ya well you're definitely swaying me towards him and I really want Luck. The only thing I'm concerned with about Gruden is that he doesn't seem to have patience with younger QB's, he's seems to be really hard on them and just gets older vets to start instead
how ever many it takes to make the playoffs!
Singletary is on a week-to-week basis in my book.

He won't last until the bye week.

Originally posted by DesiDez:

Sad but true IMO
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DesiDez:

as long as we don't go on another meaningless winning streak and hire the intern HC minutes after the season even though he's way under qualified,
He won't be fired until the end of the season, so Sing HAS to get enough wins to get into the playoffs.

ya well you're definitely swaying me towards him and I really want Luck. The only thing I'm concerned with about Gruden is that he doesn't seem to have patience with younger QB's, he's seems to be really hard on them and just gets older vets to start instead

ya thats true but i think if we draft one and he signs one it would be the right choice to have that rookie sit, unlike what happened here and we saw how that turned out. one thing about chucky tho is that he will do everything he can to fix a problem, even if it means bringing in 4 QBs to compete hahaha
Share 49ersWebzone