There are 263 users in the forums

Article by Ann killion 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Some of the smartest sports fans I have known were women.

Knew football Xs and Os better than 95% of the guys on this site.

One played basketball and taught me most of my strategic understanding of that game.

u need some new friends dude.

You need to meet some women with brains.

I might as well search for the chupacabra and bigfoot while I'm at it.

I've been to the Bay Area often enough to know that there are plenty of smart girls there.

Maybe they all ran away when they realized the place was full of misogynists?

otter's a coochie Dr??
  • Otter
  • Veteran

One played basketball and taught me most of my strategic understanding of that game.

I might as well search for the chupacabra and bigfoot while I'm at it.

I've been to the Bay Area often enough to know that there are plenty of smart girls there.

Maybe they all ran away when they realized the place was full of misogynists?

The Bay Area is full of doctors that deliver babies? No wonder it's so expensive.

No I need women to give me brains
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i've said it before and will say it again for the millionth time... the dorks are looking for a way out of SF and into LA. they're in no way about winning. if they were about winning they would hire somebody with coaching history. not these numbnuts whom are bunch of idiots. 1st you fire a coach over the phone then hire a drunk, then hire a noname defensive coordinator whom nobody in the world have had heard of and then now paying for a name in Mike Singletary.

simply the dorks don't want a coach with a good track record for they would have to pay them and if they don't pay that coach i.e Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden and others then the mass sports media and fans will bring negativity to the Dorks. this way the blames are only put on the lame duck coaches. sad shiite. take the team to LA and leave us the 49ers name to SF. fcuk off areholes.

Lets me get this straight. Jed handed out over 40 million in guaranteed cash on the extensions to Willis and Davis. But you think he's too cheap to give 6-7 million to a coach like Grudan?

Jed made his first mistake hiring Singletary because he got caught in all the emotions of our 5-4 finish two years ago. He'll have hit shot to redeem himself after the season.

Please correct me or help me elaborate if you can.

But, I was under the impression that the money paid out to players is less of the owners money and more of the 49ers share of the NFL salary pool for the players.

And the money for coaches is more directly linked to the owners wallet.

It is my understanding that cheap owners are not called cheap owners because of player contracts, but because of......

-pattern of hiring cheaper staffs
-spending less money in the areas where the NFL has no governance...e.g. making players pay for their own water
-unwilling to help pay for stadium

I believe you are correct. And though they may be cheap, remember when they fired Erickson and Donahue. Donahue had just signed a large guaranteed extension. They move when they are forced to do so.

Good point. Yep, the Yorks are not completely disconnected from the fans....but they will put it off as long as they can.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Ann Killion is so damn annoying, but after reading that...how can you argue. We are in bad shape.

exactly. I don't see what all the outrage is about? She's just telling it like it is. I guess some people don't like to hear it. Like how they get all butt hurt when someone says Alex blows.
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Sep 28, 2010 at 3:46 PM ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Ann Killion is so damn annoying, but after reading that...how can you argue. We are in bad shape.

I've always loved her articles. She calls things like she sees them, and isn't trying to please anyone in the process. Kawakami does the same thing.
Originally posted by valrod33:
she is a woman talking about sports, her argument is invalid

This.
Originally posted by Shaj:

I've always loved her articles. She calls things like she sees them, and isn't trying to please anyone in the process. Kawakami does the same thing.

Both of them are annoying.

exactly. I don't see what all the outrage is about? She's just telling it like it is. I guess some people don't like to hear it. Like how they get all butt hurt when someone says Alex blows.

where is the outrage in this thread?
  • kray28
  • Veteran

That's why the homers get so butthurt when they write stuff.

the guy, talking about girls who know about football and taught him about basketball! that guy!!!!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

Both of them are annoying.

Kawakami is my fave. I like Lynch too... he always sees things from different angles. Kawakami is brutally direct like Killion. Those kind of opinions are not popular in NT.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

Yeah, the article is on point. I don't see much outrage in this thread, just the wolves being wolves.

Damn Syber, two seconds apart.

the guy, talking about girls who know about football and taught him about basketball! that guy!!!!
ohhhhhhhh THAT guy
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Those kind of opinions are not popular in NT.

AKA n00b homer central.
Share 49ersWebzone