LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 91 users in the forums

ESPN: Smith worst QB in NFC West and getting worse

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Oh Aaron, things could've been different between you and us, please come home... one day

If Aaron was here , he would be going thru the same stuff smith has gone thru and going thru .

Performed better last year with a worse line, no probowl running back.

I highly doubt it.

Actually I think Grant might've had a higher total yards than Gore.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
God aaron rodgers is so sick.

What a f*cking mistake.

Watching Rodgers makes me cry. So I thought, lets watch Cutler.....he's a fluke.

But then I see him sit in the pocket, NOT throw to the immediate underneath rout....wait for his guy to open, and sling it for about 15 yards.

I cried again.....

Maybe some of you guys should become Packer fans.

Im sorry that I dont get the same joy that u do whenever Smith throws a 3 yard out to his RB.
  • kray28
  • Veteran

What a f*cking mistake.

As one of the biggest Draft Rodgers bandwagoneers on this site, I try my best to forget that whole chapter in Niner history. It was very first thing that soured me on Nolan....he gave me more reasons to hate him as time went along.

In many ways that's why I am so committed to wanting Smith to succeed for us. I still haven't given up on him.
  • dj43

What a f*cking mistake.

Watching Rodgers makes me cry. So I thought, lets watch Cutler.....he's a fluke.

But then I see him sit in the pocket, NOT throw to the immediate underneath rout....wait for his guy to open, and sling it for about 15 yards.

I cried again.....

Watching the receivers Rodgers has available to him and then watching the 49er receivers makes me cry.
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Oh Aaron, things could've been different between you and us, please come home... one day

If Aaron was here , he would be going thru the same stuff smith has gone thru and going thru .

Performed better last year with a worse line, no probowl running back.

I highly doubt it.
Aaron Rodgers IS the system and Alex plays within his, to each his own.
Originally posted by dj43:

What a f*cking mistake.

I cried again.....

Watching the receivers Rodgers has available to him and then watching the 49er receivers makes me cry.

Even as somewhat of a Smith supporter though I can see Rodgers is better. That TD throw he made to Finley was SICK. I don't like him because he played for the packers but still, the man has game. I don't think he would be as good as he is now though if he had played for us instead of them. Much better situation for a young QB. But now we have talent so Smith needs to start doing ok. I haven't given up on him yet but even if he turns it around and turns out good I don't see him being as good as Rodgers.
  • kray28
  • Veteran

Good point. I know it's all Alex' fault, but it's funny how no one talks about how many dropped passes there are every game from the receivers.
  • ZRF80

What a f*cking mistake.

I cried again.....

Rodgers doesnt exactly have Jerry Rice or Randy Moss on his squad. His receivers are a partially a product of his success as a QB. Remember a decade back when Brett Favre had Antonio Freeman and Robert Brooks. Solid receivers making probowls.....but then both left GB for the money and became no namers.

You think Donald Driver could put up these stats with Smith ?
Why in the world they drafted smith over rodgers is beyond me. I liked Rodgers over smith but not at number 1. Picking smith for his i.q. Is great if you want him on your chess team or team jeopardy. But football?

What a f*cking mistake.

I cried again.....

Im sorry that I dont get the same joy that u do whenever Smith throws a 3 yard out to his RB.

Maybe his # 1 rec Crabbs would get open , so he wouldn't have to . Heck I would be happy just to see him run a good route and maybe not trip on one .

• ZRF80
Originally posted by kray28:

Good point. I know it's all Alex' fault, but it's funny how no one talks about how many dropped passes there are every game from the receivers.

Alexcuse number 48: receivers dropping balls. Funny how only his throws get tipped into the air, only to have 3 defenders in the vicinity ready to intercept. I wonder why that is ?
  • dj43
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

What a f*cking mistake.

I cried again.....

Even as somewhat of a Smith supporter though I can see Rodgers is better. That TD throw he made to Finley was SICK. I don't like him because he played for the packers but still, the man has game. I don't think he would be as good as he is now though if he had played for us instead of them. Much better situation for a young QB. But now we have talent so Smith needs to start doing ok. I haven't given up on him yet but even if he turns it around and turns out good I don't see him being as good as Rodgers.
Just for grins, which, if any, of the 49er receivers would start for Green Bay?

Which ones would even make the roster?

(Assuming you are somewhat familiar with Green Bay)
sitting behind brett favre and sitting behind trent dilfer are two profoundly different paths of development for a young qb, when you add mike nolan to that mix, you have a recipe for a garbage cake

What a f*cking mistake.

I cried again.....

Maybe his # 1 rec Crabbs would get open , so he wouldn't have to . Heck I would be happy just to see him run a good route and maybe not trip on one .
Cmon MAN they can't be covered on every play, check down after check down is driving me F!**Kin NUTZ
Originally posted by kray28:

Alexcuse number 48: receivers dropping balls. Funny how only his throws get tipped into the air, only to have 3 defenders in the vicinity ready to intercept. I wonder why that is ?

Din't the 49ers almost lead the Nfl in dropped passes last year ? I know you hate Alex in all . But you have to admit we have a ton more problems on our hands. Do you really think we could bring in a Brady with this OL and things work out any different ? We have all seen how all the QB play when their running for their lives . Just ask Brady when he was playing the giants in the SB .
Share 49ersWebzone