49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 725 users in the forums

A serious question about the Yorks and their profits

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They are among the lowest-revenue teams in the NFL I believe.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
They are among the lowest-revenue teams in the NFL I believe.

I wonder if that could be a reason why they don't like to dish out money to players. I am just trying to understand why they are such bad owners. I hate Jerry Jones, and I think it was a terrible idea when he was the GM and calling the shots, but at least that owner wanted to win. I just think the Yorks care about making a profit and nothing else.
Originally posted by DrofThuganomics:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
They are among the lowest-revenue teams in the NFL I believe.

I wonder if that could be a reason why they don't like to dish out money to players. I am just trying to understand why they are such bad owners. I hate Jerry Jones, and I think it was a terrible idea when he was the GM and calling the shots, but at least that owner wanted to win. I just think the Yorks care about making a profit and nothing else.

nothing wrong with making profit. mamaD wants and demands a monthly profit.
Originally posted by DrofThuganomics:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
They are among the lowest-revenue teams in the NFL I believe.

I wonder if that could be a reason why they don't like to dish out money to players. I am just trying to understand why they are such bad owners. I hate Jerry Jones, and I think it was a terrible idea when he was the GM and calling the shots, but at least that owner wanted to win. I just think the Yorks care about making a profit and nothing else.

Since when don't they like to dish out money to players?
  • 190836
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,972
Yorks are all about money, they obviously don't care about the wins and losses as long as they make their money. They clearly don't have the passion that Eddie had for the Niners.
What's happening with the Pittsburgh Pirates is not happening here.

Pittsburgh caps there own payroll internally so they a) are not a factor in free agency and b) cannot resign any of there own players that produce well. Therefore they are a team of scrubs and prospects. And the prospects don't have a future in Pittsburgh if they do well.

The 49ers spend money (Alex, Clements contract, Michael and Justin Smith's deals, are all examples as well as Vernon Davis' recent extension). The NFL just works differently than the MLB I guess, I don't know of any NFL team that does what the Pittsburgh Pirates do.

If the Yorks have a financial motivation it's to build a stadium. A new stadium would dramatically increase the worth of the franchise and they should be able to have taxpayers / Santa Clara shoulder a deal of this expense. My hope is after getting the stadium done they put the team up for sale (which is possible as they would be making significant money and they don't seem football inclined they kinda fell backward into ownership when Eddie D got tossed in jail).
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone