LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 378 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Atlanta Falcons)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Yup, this just about sums it all up, we play stupid football:

ATLANTA – Yep, receiver Roddy White did the same thing last year. The Falcons receiver roared from behind steal the ball back from an unwitting 49ers defensive back after an interception.

Last year, he did it to Dre’ Bly.

This time, he did it to Nate Clements.

“And I’m going to keep getting ‘em,’’ White said. “Because they don’t know better.”

LOL wow @ his quote.

I think the same could be said about our offense too. "Dont know any better..run up the middle on 3rd and 20."

He's right. We make the same mistakes all the time.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Um.... BS!. I grew up in Philly, and have been to dozens of Eagles, Flyers, Phillies and Sixers games, very much a glass half empty fan base

Also, the types that hang around team message boards posting 20 times a day are much more sensitive then the majority of a fan base
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by communist:

This team hasnt made the playoffs since 2002!!! And this the year they are supposed to run away with the divison, yet they can't even win a f**king game? Do you even pay attention to all the bulls**t that goes on around this team even when they aren't on the field? There is seriously something wrong with this team from top to bottom and if you support that then YOU are part of the problem.

I am sick of this s**t from posters like you. Its all our fault the team sucks because we don't cheer loud enough, or we don't support the coaches. players etc. What exactly have they done to earn our support?
and some people cant see the hating anymore...its like a new sports in the boards.

Denial is the new sport in ninertalk.

"We can still win the Division!!!" "Alex gives us our best chance to win!!!" "Singletary is a great coach!!!"

Give me a f**king break.
cant we? are the cards that good? they got kicked their ass by the chargers today and some weeks ago against the falcons. the chickens won against the chargers because of their special teams and lost against the rams today. they even lost against the broncos...
the rams are the only contender for the nfc west so far. and we can beat them...we have nearly beaten the falcons.

of course...but its not going to happen. almost guaranteed to be 0-5 after next week.
it's only a sure loss if we go out and think the same way we did at seattle or at chiefs. especially at chiefs, after the close loss against the saints...if the guys can mentionally turnaround, then it could be another close game and the better end for us.
but i wouldnt be surprised about a loss either.

I just don't think this team has any confidence left. Especially after today.

Agreed. This is a bad team all the way around. Do you want proof?

Bad teams ALWAYS find a way to lose. Each week -- it's a new and interesting way.

This was certainly a new way to lose. And we lost.

Because we are a bad team.
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Oct 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
they blew it, that simple

wonder what changes if any we can expect this week....

If they give a f*ck about winning this season, the next change will be to bench Smith and put Carr in. This dude is the most inconsistent QB I think I've ever seen in all my days. Time to end this charade, and see if Carr can rejuvinate his career, or if we need to shell out dough in the offseason for a QB. F*ck drafting one, cuz I don't trust our talent evaluators to find one thats worth a damn!
but i trust johnson who has coached our QBs...hope, he will overrule MS in that question.
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:

If they give a f*ck about winning this season, the next change will be to bench Smith and put Carr in. This dude is the most inconsistent QB I think I've ever seen in all my days. Time to end this charade, and see if Carr can rejuvinate his career, or if we need to shell out dough in the offseason for a QB. F*ck drafting one, cuz I don't trust our talent evaluators to find one thats worth a damn!

Anyone's better than Smith.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:

Anyone's better than Smith.

I don't care if Barry Sims is taking snaps at this point...
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by eahudson49:
What we learned about our Niners today:

Our season is indeed over. not really. we have two games against the rams and neither the hawks nor the cards are better than us. the cards got smashed in the dome some weeks ago.
We will not win the NFC West. we will see that the next weeks
Jimmy Raye was not our only issue. think the same
Coach Sing is in over his head. its sad but true
Alex Smith is not NFL ready.
We should've kept Sean Hill and let Alex go. yeah right, the guy with the noodle-arm who was hated by everyone last two years at this board??? i dont buy his performances with the lions, especially when i see that the TEs are his best receivers.
We don't miss Michael Lewis. right
Nate's time is over. i wanna kill him for that crappy fumble.
We're good enough to just come close in some games. yeah, that means we dont need a complete rebuild but some smart additions, especially at CB, in the pass rush and perhaps at QB.
The Niners need to wipe the coaching staff slate clean and start over. give them these 4 weeks until the bye...if they dont get a turnaround (at least three wins because neither of the upcoming opponents are that good), you can fire them, get a new staff which has 2 weeks for preparing to the next game.
Now is the time to start looking at possible HC replacements. see my opinion above
The better Bay Area football team is not in SF. the raiders are solid but not that better.
Our season is indeed over. stop annoying.

Any positive's? Only that all away game Sunday's will now be free for me to do other more constructive things.
if you give up on this team after 4 losses though two of them were very tight and against very good opponents, u are not a true niners-fan...just one of these good-weather pussies.

hell yea, I love my team, F**k all you haters who want to be all negative all the time, Go post on the F**king seahawks board you fairweather fanboys

Stupid crap like this is irritating. You are probably the same person who leaves at the end of the third quarter to avoid traffic or you may not even go to games. People are frustrated, and rightfully so. We pay for a product and expect good results. It is no different than waiting for 6 months for a movie you wanted to see, and then it is totally dissappointing.

They are still fans, so no need to criticize them when you obviously haven't been around here for very long...

That's pretty subjective don't you think? Saying Dude leaves game to beat the traffic?

I criticize the people that talk bullcrap about our team WHILE the game is on.

I criticize people for not having a better demeanor regarding the team.

Am I off base saying that New Orleans and Atlanta are SUPPOSED to be better but this team was in both games?

Am I off base for pointing out to the negative nancies that Smith was picked off by a player who jumped the route on the Morgan Pass?

Hell no.

Yeah we lost but going into the game if you thought that we were going to Win or even Compete through all 4 quarters, you are FoS.

I hate that we lost and I hate that it was due to Clements trying to do too much. When he picked off Ryan (in the same way Smith was picked off btw) and got back to the 15, he should have taken it out of bounds. Sing will point out that error in judgement. HELL he could have just taken a knee even and this game would have been ours. But the fact that we were in it is encouraging.

This is why I hate 9er fans right now. If anyone is pathetic or a Loser it's the whiny 9er fan bishing about our GM, Head Coach and QB.

Sh@t happens. You know maybe if people were more supportive this team would play better. But why should they? There is no support only negativity so they're just playing to your expectations.

If you don't get it you'll NEVER get it. And personally I'm done with this stupidity in NT.

~Ceadder

Have to disagree here.

You say people should be more supportive but you also say you're done with all of our stupidity and that you hate 49er fans right now.

Obviously you're frustrated everyone here is bro. No need to take it out on fellow fans even if you disagree with there viewpoint. I myself have disagreed with your Smith opinions in other posts but respect you for posting and bringing your opinion.

People should be allowed to vent there frustrations and no member of the orginization from players to coaches to management is off limits. But the one group I'd say is off limits you go after - the fans. The fans that you call pathetic losers are far from it and deserve much better from this franchise. Without fans there is no team.

I'm frustrated with Manusky for playing a soft zone coverage on that 3rd and 15. Especially when he KNOWS they are going to go long. Send 4 and play Robber again. Instead he sends in a weak package and our Rookie gets victimized. That happens with Rookies so I'm not mad at Mays.

I'm mad at Nate for trying to put the game out of reach when he didn't have to.

I'm mad at Alex or was mad at Alex for the intentional grounding. But when you're getting beat up you can lose focus. Especially on the Road.

Unfortunately Walker was on the Sideline for the end of the 2nd Quarter on. This put more pressure on the OC and the Offense. Byham is decent but he doesn't have that kind of break away speed.

And I am pissed off at our Fans. I have the right to be. When I sit there and see our OWN talk shat about our team it pisses me off more than when other fans talk shat.

I'm a MLB Giants fan too, so I get this crap from 2 sides of my Sports world. I disagree with it and I will continue to bang my drum about it.

If you don't do this pathetic garbage then obviously my ire is not aimed at you. But if you do do this stupid crap then step off and go find something else to do with your time. There are those of us who root til the final gun. We don't deserve to listen to the arrogant crap being spewed about the team THIS FRIGGING EARLY in the Season.

Do I like being 0-4? HELL NO!!!

But neither does the team. I guarantee that.

~Ceadder

Yep. Nothing to worry about in ninerland. The 49ers are 0-4 but they will come around. How dare anybody say anything bad about the 49ers. I mean they are obviously performing up to expectations so far.

Your hubris is amazing.

And yet not our Worst start of a Season in team history.

Your ignorance is refreshing.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Byisgod:
We suck. Plain and simple. Even PWilly looked pretty average out there today...in fact, I think he has all season. It starts at the top. Sing needs to go and so does Smith. No more first time coaches. Gruden and Luck/Locker 2011.

Man, it sure sucks to be a 20 year old 49ers fan like myself. They've been awful for almost as long as I can remember (except for the last bit of the TO and Garcia years)

You have alot more years to watch them and eventually, they'll get on track again. I'm in my 40's, 25-30 more years or more and thats a rap for me. Bingo and diapers after that.

Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by eahudson49:
What we learned about our Niners today:

Our season is indeed over. not really. we have two games against the rams and neither the hawks nor the cards are better than us. the cards got smashed in the dome some weeks ago.
We will not win the NFC West. we will see that the next weeks
Jimmy Raye was not our only issue. think the same
Coach Sing is in over his head. its sad but true
Alex Smith is not NFL ready.
We should've kept Sean Hill and let Alex go. yeah right, the guy with the noodle-arm who was hated by everyone last two years at this board??? i dont buy his performances with the lions, especially when i see that the TEs are his best receivers.
We don't miss Michael Lewis. right
Nate's time is over. i wanna kill him for that crappy fumble.
We're good enough to just come close in some games. yeah, that means we dont need a complete rebuild but some smart additions, especially at CB, in the pass rush and perhaps at QB.
The Niners need to wipe the coaching staff slate clean and start over. give them these 4 weeks until the bye...if they dont get a turnaround (at least three wins because neither of the upcoming opponents are that good), you can fire them, get a new staff which has 2 weeks for preparing to the next game.
Now is the time to start looking at possible HC replacements. see my opinion above
The better Bay Area football team is not in SF. the raiders are solid but not that better.
Our season is indeed over. stop annoying.

Any positive's? Only that all away game Sunday's will now be free for me to do other more constructive things.
if you give up on this team after 4 losses though two of them were very tight and against very good opponents, u are not a true niners-fan...just one of these good-weather pussies.

hell yea, I love my team, F**k all you haters who want to be all negative all the time, Go post on the F**king seahawks board you fairweather fanboys

Stupid crap like this is irritating. You are probably the same person who leaves at the end of the third quarter to avoid traffic or you may not even go to games. People are frustrated, and rightfully so. We pay for a product and expect good results. It is no different than waiting for 6 months for a movie you wanted to see, and then it is totally dissappointing.

They are still fans, so no need to criticize them when you obviously haven't been around here for very long...

That's pretty subjective don't you think? Saying Dude leaves game to beat the traffic?

I criticize the people that talk bullcrap about our team WHILE the game is on.

I criticize people for not having a better demeanor regarding the team.

Am I off base saying that New Orleans and Atlanta are SUPPOSED to be better but this team was in both games?

Am I off base for pointing out to the negative nancies that Smith was picked off by a player who jumped the route on the Morgan Pass?

Hell no.

Yeah we lost but going into the game if you thought that we were going to Win or even Compete through all 4 quarters, you are FoS.

I hate that we lost and I hate that it was due to Clements trying to do too much. When he picked off Ryan (in the same way Smith was picked off btw) and got back to the 15, he should have taken it out of bounds. Sing will point out that error in judgement. HELL he could have just taken a knee even and this game would have been ours. But the fact that we were in it is encouraging.

This is why I hate 9er fans right now. If anyone is pathetic or a Loser it's the whiny 9er fan bishing about our GM, Head Coach and QB.

Sh@t happens. You know maybe if people were more supportive this team would play better. But why should they? There is no support only negativity so they're just playing to your expectations.

If you don't get it you'll NEVER get it. And personally I'm done with this stupidity in NT.

~Ceadder
This team hasnt made the playoffs since 2002!!! And this the year they are supposed to run away with the divison, yet they can't even win a f**king game? Do you even pay attention to all the bulls**t that goes on around this team even when they aren't on the field? There is seriously something wrong with this team from top to bottom and if you support that then YOU are part of the problem.

I am sick of this s**t from posters like you. Its all our fault the team sucks because we don't cheer loud enough, or we don't support the coaches. players etc. What exactly have they done to earn our support?

Did they play hard? Did they not take both the Saints and the Falcons deep into the game and MADE THEM beat us?

YES THEY DID!

That's WHY you should root for this team. They haven't given up.

But you don't get that. And never will so far as I am concerned.

Go root for another team. I'm tired of fans like you. Get out, don't come back. We don't need fans like you.

Questioning the team is fine. Being MILITANT about it is downright pathetic.

But I should know to expect this from Bay Area fans. It's all you know how to do.

~Ceadder

You want to fight about it? Maybe you can send me a PM and give me a time and place to meet, like that other poster you wanted to fight?

~Thorhawk

Nice I hope you got warned for the banana. I could care less that you want me to challenge you. Instigating is a stupid waste of your time.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by ObePwnD:
We suck. Plain and simple. Even PWilly looked pretty average out there today...in fact, I think he has all season. It starts at the top. Sing needs to go and so does Smith. No more first time coaches. Gruden and Luck/Locker 2011.

Man, it sure sucks to be a 20 year old 49ers fan like myself. They've been awful for almost as long as I can remember (except for the last bit of the TO and Garcia years)

You have alot more years to watch them and eventually, they'll get on track again. I'm in my 40's, 25-30 more years or more and thats a rap for me. Bingo and diapers after that.

Did you miss the Dynasty era somehow?

If not then you should feel blessed that we have Championships. Lots of fans cannot claim even one to their team's credit. We have 5.

Geez our fans are too damn spoiled.

~Ceadder
Just got home from work and have seen most of the game so I have not read all of the prior posts (sorry)...isn't it Mike Johnson that is really high on Nate Davis. I have been hoping for YEARS for Alex to become the QB that we all want and I hope that he does, however, how long so we have to keep waiting?
Still in all I am now thinking that it IS Singletary that IS the problem! I want a winning team for Christmas, but I don't want to wait 'till Chistmas for this team to win!
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:
The 2010 49ers still feel like a Mike Nolan Football team to me. I posted this a few weeks ago but anything Mike Nolan'esk needs to go. Alex already ended one HC job why would a second keep him around. I love coach Sing, He has the intensity and passion perfect for a HC... in high school or college programs, not the NFL. At season end we will have two and half years of coaching to review and Im sure my feeling will be the same then as it is now, which is bye bye coach Sing. But what has me worried is that Im not sure if Jed has the sack to do what is needed if this team ends the season in the form we are in right now. If we don't make the playoffs (more then probable) we should:

-Fire coach Sing and the entire coaching staff.
-Alex Smith, Nate Clements, Spikes, Chilo, Norris are gone.
-Draft or Trade a QB (I prefer draft but im happy ether way)
-Put up some money and Hire an experienced HC with a history of at least making it to the post season for goodness sake.
-Be sure to remove everything in the organization that was/is associated with Nolan and Sing. Otherwise we are going to turn into the Browns of the new decade.

I agree that the Niners need wholesale changes, but Sing and the coaching staff are merelyh a symptom of the real problems. Until the Yorks hand over total control to a good Gm we are not going to get any better. We are not going to be able to hire good coaches and we are going to continue to be a joke of an organization. I said from the moment Nolan was fired that hiring Sing was a major mistake and even the wins he had did not impress me as they were built on emotion.
Both Nolan's firing and Sing's hiring were not thought out and were reactions. Everything this organization does under the Yorks is a reaction, we jump around to and fro with no clear course. It is a joke to think that any good coach will come work for the Yorks. Unless we hire a GM of note and hand the reins to them, the hiring of our next coach will be a joke process, much like the Browns search this year.
Originally posted by TN-Niner:
Both Nolan's firing and Sing's hiring were not thought out and were reactions. Everything this organization does under the Yorks is a reaction, we jump around to and fro with no clear course. It is a joke to think that any good coach will come work for the Yorks. Unless we hire a GM of note and hand the reins to them, the hiring of our next coach will be a joke process, much like the Browns search this year.

I think you're absolutely right, TN Niner. All this Chucky and Gruden talk is wishful thinking until the front office gets put to rights. No proven HC is going to risk his reputation on going back to square one and taking on another reclimation project.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Did you miss the Dynasty era somehow?

If not then you should feel blessed that we have Championships. Lots of fans cannot claim even one to their team's credit. We have 5.

Geez our fans are too damn spoiled.

~Ceadder

Yeah, I was there, for all the rings. Just say'n.
Share 49ersWebzone