There are 166 users in the forums

Running backs.. share the load??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I thought we picked up westbrook to help out, and drafted dixon to compete with Coffee to split carries with gore.

So far this season it seems like less than 5 carries have gone to anyone other than gore/Norris.

Does anyone see this changing in the future?
I don't know but I do know this running to the right behind Adams with Iupati pulling is a vast f**king improvement over, weak-side b gap blast! I would however like to see more westbrook and dixon.
As the season goes on, I'm sure we'll see more of Westbrook and Dixon. Westbrook is a bit dinged up and hasn't gotten the offense yet, while Dixon isn't trusted in pass protection yet.

But Frank Gore hasn't been too overworked, I think. He had 20 carries tonight (7 catches though). If he's carrying the ball 25, 30+ times, THEN I think we have to worry about his durability.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
As the season goes on, I'm sure we'll see more of Westbrook and Dixon. Westbrook is a bit dinged up and hasn't gotten the offense yet, while Dixon isn't trusted in pass protection yet.

But Frank Gore hasn't been too overworked, I think. He had 20 carries tonight (7 catches though). If he's carrying the ball 25, 30+ times, THEN I think we have to worry about his durability.

If we don't Gore azz is gonna get hurt - like every year.
No.

Gore is the man and until we reach 30 carries a game, no one else should be in.
Share 49ersWebzone