LISTEN: 49ers Drafted For Now And The Future →

There are 105 users in the forums

Jimmy Raye should be fired today.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
just get raye out of his bed in the booth and bring his ass to the sidelines so he cant fall asleep
If Alex didn't over throw Morgan and Norris, we would have had 17 points, even if we f-d up that last 4th down when we got a delay of game penalty.

The play calling wasn't spectacular, but it would've been enough for us to get a win if the team executed the plays. If any one should be fired, its Alex Smith.
Its crazy because going into seattle you have to be well prepared. I blame all coaches on this, I mean they act like its the first time playing in that loud ass stadium. You have to be damn near flawless to win there. We already know we are going to get some false starts because of the stadium. We are just so unprepared for the unexpected. And that falls on the coaches. Burning too many damn time outs, playcalling issues. Our defense started out great but was exposed for the frauds that they were.

We are in a difficult situation. I know its just one game but we have a lot of faulty areas. Qb that cant convert 3rd downs. A defense that cant play man to man coverage without biting on double moves. No pressure on opposing QB. Wrs that are not on the same page with the QB. Cant score a TD in the redzone. I mean you would think we was playing the Ravens defense.

On monday night football we are either going to step up to the challenge and win the game. OR be exposed for the frauds we are from the head coach all way down the line....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
What I really cannot wrap my head around is why we just don't run a hybrid spread formation. Because it offends Frank Gore? Because Mike Singletary doesn't believe it's "real" football? Well what the f**k!!! It's the ONLY WAY OUR QB CAN SUCCEED. I do NOT understand why we don't just do it? Frank Gore is a supreme talent -- he can adapt to running out of shotgun. Alex Smith is proving that he really cannot adapt. Time to change, Singletary. WAKE UP! Save our season before it's too late!

I think they want to see how the two rookies affect the running game. If it doesn't work I can see them going back to more spread. That's where Alex excels, but will he be around long enough for that to haopen.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 13, 2010 at 16:18:04 ]
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Yup fire his ass week 1! Who cares! bring in someone else so the players can learn a new playbook/offense before week 2!

Not gonna happen.

while i dont back firing him now if they did decide to do this couldnt Smiths QB coach take this duty. If i am correct he was brought in to groom for this position for the day Jimmy Raye eventually left. We did this because we were tired of watching our coaches walk.

but i dont think raye should be fired. modify the system. move raye to the sideline, put plays on a card on smiths arms in a numbered list and relay by numbers to shorten the time to say play...things like this.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=72189
Originally posted by keeferr75:
funny how hosltler started on the floor calling plays then was told to go in the box... now raye in the box is now going to the sideline... hope it works.. not sure if firing him will solve anything at this moment niners just gotta finish strong!!

Guess it's time to call Tollner again.
some things obviously need to be ironed out and stream-lined, and everyone, from coaches on down to Tremaine Brock, needs to be better prepared. But I don't think there should be any firings or benchings for another two weeks.

anyway, we all assume that Johnson would be a better option than Raye, but we really don't know if he's a more creative playcaller than Raye, or if he's even capable of handling OC duties at all.

[ Edited by HessianDud on Sep 13, 2010 at 16:17:41 ]
fcuking niner talk...
Originally posted by mayo63:
What I really cannot wrap my head around is why we just don't run a hybrid spread formation. Because it offends Frank Gore? Because Mike Singletary doesn't believe it's "real" football? Well what the f**k!!! It's the ONLY WAY OUR QB CAN SUCCEED. I do NOT understand why we don't just do it? Frank Gore is a supreme talent -- he can adapt to running out of shotgun. Alex Smith is proving that he really cannot adapt. Time to change, Singletary. WAKE UP! Save our season before it's too late!

I think they want to see how the two rookies affect the running game. If it doesn't work I can see them going back to more spread. That's where Alex excells, but will he be around long enough for that to haopen.

This makes 0 sense to me. Will he be around long enough? He'll be here this entire year. Make it so that we win with him. Our linemen block and they will do it well whether Alex is under center or not. They'll adapt to the running game when we run out of shotgun. Our QB does not play well under center. After 6 years I've finally accepted it. What will it take, 5 more losses? Us to be down by 30? Our season to be lost? I was shocked that we were down 22 points in the 4th and we literally kept 2 WR, 2 TE sets going. WHAT THE f**k!!! We need to start fast and not ever let up. Give Frank the ball on screens, on dump-offs, on hand-offs. Out. Of. Shotgun. Alex is holding us back. Ask yourself this: What gets Alex going? Answer: Shotgun spread formations. MAKE THE CHANGE.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I think they want to see how the two rookies affect the running game. If it doesn't work I can see them going back to more spread. That's where Alex excells, but will he be around long enough for that to haopen.

This makes 0 sense to me. Will he be around long enough? He'll be here this entire year. Make it so that we win with him. Our linemen block and they will do it well whether Alex is under center or not. They'll adapt to the running game when we run out of shotgun. Our QB does not play well under center. After 6 years I've finally accepted it. What will it take, 5 more losses? Us to be down by 30? Our season to be lost? I was shocked that we were down 22 points in the 4th and we literally kept 2 WR, 2 TE sets going. WHAT THE f**k!!! We need to start fast and not ever let up. Give Frank the ball on screens, on dump-offs, on hand-offs. Out. Of. Shotgun. Alex is holding us back. Ask yourself this: What gets Alex going? Answer: Shotgun spread formations. MAKE THE CHANGE.

I don't know, can Carr or T. Smith run the spead? I guess they'd have to learn to.

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Let Mike Johnson call plays and game plan until the end of the season, clean house and hire a Vet coach next year, pick up a decent Journeymen QB and look to draft the best available QB next season, I can't believe we are one game into the year and I am already looking forward to next year. I am so pissed I let myself start thinking we had a chance, I have never had faith inSing of Smith, but I so badly want to win I started sipping the kool-aid, now I'm pissed! As for Manuskey I hear a lot of great things but did not see any from him on sunday!

Whoa, don't overreact. The season isn't lost brother. I'd still bet a lot of money that we win the division this year and I'm not much of a betting man.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Chico49er, where in Chico are you at? I'm in North Chico, off of East and Cohasset.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Yup fire his ass week 1! Who cares! bring in someone else so the players can learn a new playbook/offense before week 2!

Not gonna happen.

Who said anything about a new playbook? We just need a new play caller. We can work within the offense we already have established.

I don't know, can Carr or T. Smith run the spead? I guess they'd have to learn to.

What? If we run the spread, Alex plays his best. Those two won't sniff the field... I'm just saying why force a player to play a way he obviously cannot play. We need to save our season by just running game schemes that fit his ability. We still have a talented team, but if we are handicapped, then what's the point? The main thing is that we know what cancels out the handicap: Shotgun formations. Alex plays SO much better in it! But no, Singletary is stubborn and has to play 1985 football. Stubbornness is an awful trait in the NFL, and Singletary has proved he is great at it.
Chico49er, where in Chico are you at? I'm in North Chico, off of East and Cohasset.

No s**t! I actually graduated from Chico State last May. I lived at 2nd and Ivy, right across from the new admin building, for my final 2 years there. I actually was in town this past weekend -- stayed at 4th and Hazel (the Peach Pit). I'm still recovering haha. But now I'm in San Jose
Share 49ersWebzone