There are 229 users in the forums

Our front office needs to grow some balls

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
I am truly confused about the decisions our front office has made. What other franchise has ever given a quarterback 6 years to prove themself? Are they afraid that if they let Alex go he will "turn out to be the quarterback that everybody hoped?". That 4th down throw to Moran Norris sums up Alex Smith's career. Why is Alex Smith still the starting quarterback for our team? It is 2010 for god's sake! Please end the Alex Smith era!!!!!!

Name a QB that had to learn a totally new offense, under a new coordinator EVERY year....who became successful those years?

Please I'd like to know.

This is the biggest excuse of all. Yes, it is difficult to learn a new offense every year, but eventually, a quarterback just needs to get out there and MAKE PLAYS. Alex does not have the quarterback instinct.

P.S. Does having a new offensive coordinator every year make a quarterback overthrow his targest?

Y cant you name one? You choose to ignore the point. Is it really an excuse or fact that you can't be successful with turnover EVERY SINGLE YEAR....i dont care what youR profession is.

Better yet...have you ever played QB in the NFL and learned AN offense? So how do you know what goes on in ones head when they go through that. Most people would have quit if in Alex's shoes.

How do yo know Norris didn't run the route correctly?

All QBs miss there targets, not just Alex.

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 13, 2010 at 15:38:00 ]
i'm still riding shotgun on the bandwagon.
I'm mad at myself for thinking Alex Smith could be different this year. He still makes the same bulls**t mistakes under pressure and always manages to make the easy play look difficult. The guy is a head case. The book on him will always be to mix things up and throw monkey wrenches because he can't think and react on his feet. At best, he becomes technically proficient in the Jimmy Raye offense, which is something of a dubious distinction. And the only way Raye's offense will be worth a damn is if you can hurt people with deep passing, and Smith disappoints here also. There's still a lot of football to play, but that was disheartening. The Niners look like the same old s**t product they've been putting out on the field for the last ten years.
i loved that pass to a wide open moran norris on 4th down!
I believe the die is already cast no matter how it goes. No one believes Jed York is much of anything but a bean counter but Baalke could be a winner. I think he will advocate a purge of Singletary, Raye and Alex Smith. In all honesty, there is some good parts to this as we will be rid of Smith and Clements, Sing and Raye. All who have outlived their usefulness. The team would go nowhere with that group. Sing is a poster boy for no talent swagger. His mantra of head bashing only left him with a flat head and no brains. His mouth seems wired to little mike vs BigMike so continues intact. Sing thoroughly deserves the blame as he has the responsibility and Raye is here and unchanging. I think everyone knows Sing's limitations are so low, it is not found within the limits. He is gone sooner or later. This last game is a response to Singletary in a nonverbal sense that he is irrelevant.
I am truly confused about the decisions our front office has made. What other franchise has ever given a quarterback 6 years to prove themself? Are they afraid that if they let Alex go he will "turn out to be the quarterback that everybody hoped?". That 4th down throw to Moran Norris sums up Alex Smith's career. Why is Alex Smith still the starting quarterback for our team? It is 2010 for god's sake! Please end the Alex Smith era!!!!!!

Name a QB that had to learn a totally new offense, under a new coordinator EVERY year....who became successful those years?

Please I'd like to know.

This is the biggest excuse of all. Yes, it is difficult to learn a new offense every year, but eventually, a quarterback just needs to get out there and MAKE PLAYS. Alex does not have the quarterback instinct.

P.S. Does having a new offensive coordinator every year make a quarterback overthrow his targest?

Y cant you name one? You choose to ignore the point. Is it really an excuse or fact that you can't be successful with turnover EVERY SINGLE YEAR....i dont care what youR profession is.

Better yet...have you ever played QB in the NFL and learned AN offense? So how do you know what goes on in ones head when they go through that. Most people would have quit if in Alex's shoes.

How do yo know Norris didn't run the route correctly?

All QBs miss there targets, not just Alex.

Didnt Jason Campbell have new OC's every year? And hasnt his been all the way since college or somthing? I could be wrong but im pretty sure thats been said a few times. Even Alex has said that about Campbell. Cambell is no Montanna and looked like garbage against the titans but he was decent in Washington...with getting sacked every other play. But like i said i could be wrong.

Please I'd like to know.

That New OC excuse doesnt apply this year

looked like s**t out there even though he is supposed to know the system
Moran Norris should have caught that ball. Every QB in the NFL makes throws likes that. Luckily for most of them. their receivers can catch the ball. The Norris play showed that he didn't belong on the team yesterday. His run blocking is nothing special at this point, and he showed that he couldn't catch a softly thrown ball just above his head.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Moran Norris should have caught that ball. Every QB in the NFL makes throws likes that. Luckily for most of them. their receivers can catch the ball. The Norris play showed that he didn't belong on the team yesterday. His run blocking is nothing special at this point, and he showed that he couldn't catch a softly thrown ball just above his head.

Yea, it was Norris fault....
Originally posted by valrod33:
Yeah lets cut him now and turn the team over to David Carr

You act like it would be worse than what we saw on Sunday.

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

The ball shouldn't have been thrown "just above his head."

Stop the excuses already.
nvm

[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 13, 2010 at 22:45:27 ]

Please I'd like to know.

Jason Campbell has had more offensive coordinators than Alex Smith. I believe he is on his 8th OC right now. While I wouldn't call him "successful," he certainly has looked a lot better than Alex Smith over the years.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Yeah lets cut him now and turn the team over to David Carr

You act like it would be worse than what we saw on Sunday.

he would've gotten sacked 5 times in the 2nd half minimum with all that pressure
Look who owns the team. That's our front office problem.

Share 49ersWebzone