There are 579 users in the forums
Checklist for Future Success
Sep 12, 2010 at 10:15 PM
- AlohaBruh
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,521
Good post
Sep 12, 2010 at 10:37 PM
- Allx9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,692
chucky
Sep 12, 2010 at 10:45 PM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
Originally posted by Allx9er:
chucky
I mentioned this in other posts but for anyone willing to throw in the towel after one game you guys think we can have Gruden out of booth and running our team in a few weeks. It takes time to go through this type of change. It's not like he is on our staff and just getting promoted. I don't know why people are overacting after week 1 but IF we continue this and don't make the playoffs I agree we have to look at Cowher, Gruden, possibly John Fox or Jeff Fisher this off season.
Sep 12, 2010 at 10:48 PM
- Allx9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,692
Originally posted by Gore_21:Originally posted by Allx9er:
chucky
I mentioned this in other posts but for anyone willing to throw in the towel after one game you guys think we can have Gruden out of booth and running our team in a few weeks. It takes time to go through this type of change. It's not like he is on our staff and just getting promoted. I don't know why people are overacting after week 1 but IF we continue this and don't make the playoffs I agree we have to look at Cowher, Gruden, possibly John Fox or Jeff Fisher this off season.
i had a momentary lapse in patience ill give them to week 9
Sep 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM
- znk916
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,285
1. fire raye, promote mike johnson
2. bench norris permanently, I don't ever want to see a play called for him again
3. we're f**ked if neither of these things work because we're stuck with Alex for at least the rest of this season
2. bench norris permanently, I don't ever want to see a play called for him again
3. we're f**ked if neither of these things work because we're stuck with Alex for at least the rest of this season
Sep 12, 2010 at 10:56 PM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
Originally posted by Allx9er:Originally posted by Gore_21:Originally posted by Allx9er:
chucky
I mentioned this in other posts but for anyone willing to throw in the towel after one game you guys think we can have Gruden out of booth and running our team in a few weeks. It takes time to go through this type of change. It's not like he is on our staff and just getting promoted. I don't know why people are overacting after week 1 but IF we continue this and don't make the playoffs I agree we have to look at Cowher, Gruden, possibly John Fox or Jeff Fisher this off season.
i had a momentary lapse in patience ill give them to week 9
To ZNK and Allx... Things like demoting Norris or promoting Mike Johnson are feasible if necessary but changing head coaches or replacing most of the coaching staff right now isn't. We just don't have anybody in place to take over and like I said it's crazy to pull someone like Gruden out of the booth and have him coaching for us any time in the future. If you are going to make a change in the season (I'd have to look this up) but I'd say just about every time it's someone in house.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 12, 2010 at 22:57:23 ]
Sep 12, 2010 at 11:08 PM
- SanFranAddic
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,419
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Checklist of things that need to be happen or be figured out for us to become successful. I think we have the talent in place but our problems are mainly mental and we continue to beat ourselves.
1. Identity Crisis - Are we a smash mouth run the ball offense or a shotgun offense?
WE ARE NEITHER
2. Play clock/play calling management
IF THEY HAVEN'T IMPROVED BY NOW THEY NEVER WILL
3. In Game Management
SEE ANSWER ABOVE
4. Offense - First thing that comes to mind is the offensive line getting a push and protecting the QB. We have to convert on 3rd and 4th and short. Cut the penalties... be more aggressive at times.
A NEW OC AND QB SHOULD FIX A LOT OF THOSE PROBLEMS
Bottom Line: Wait until next year...or the next...or the next...
Sep 12, 2010 at 11:11 PM
- SanFranAddic
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,419
Originally posted by znk916:
1. fire raye, promote mike johnson
2. bench norris permanently, I don't ever want to see a play called for him again
3. we're f**ked if neither of these things work because we're stuck with Alex for at least the rest of this season
We aren't going anywhere with Alex. After our 4th or 5th loss in a row we should see what we have in Troy. Nothing to lose at that point.
Sep 12, 2010 at 11:15 PM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
SanFranAddict, I totally hear where your coming from. I won't even argue but we have to just hope they fix these things or some changes that are feasible are made to fix some of them.
Sep 12, 2010 at 11:20 PM
- znk916
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,285
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:Originally posted by znk916:
1. fire raye, promote mike johnson
2. bench norris permanently, I don't ever want to see a play called for him again
3. we're f**ked if neither of these things work because we're stuck with Alex for at least the rest of this season
We aren't going anywhere with Alex. After our 4th or 5th loss in a row we should see what we have in Troy. Nothing to lose at that point.
its entirely possible things could get to that point very soon
vs Saints
@ Chiefs (Arrowhead is notoriously tough)
@ Falcons
vs Eagles
don't think we'll be favored in any of the games
Sep 12, 2010 at 11:24 PM
- Hopper
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,418
Originally posted by znk916:Originally posted by SanFranAddic:Originally posted by znk916:
1. fire raye, promote mike johnson
2. bench norris permanently, I don't ever want to see a play called for him again
3. we're f**ked if neither of these things work because we're stuck with Alex for at least the rest of this season
We aren't going anywhere with Alex. After our 4th or 5th loss in a row we should see what we have in Troy. Nothing to lose at that point.
its entirely possible things could get to that point very soon
vs Saints
@ Chiefs (Arrowhead is notoriously tough)
@ Falcons
vs Eagles
don't think we'll be favored in any of the games
1-3 at best, could be 0-4 depending on how well the Chiefs play Defense in week 3.
This team is in trouble.
Sep 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM
- plinius9mm
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,395
A refreshing and though provoking post vs. the typical Smith sucks balls bulls**t and fire the entire staff threads.